*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's October!

Two more months until December!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Hi guys, on my ADEA portal:
University of Michigan School of Dentistry (MICH) MI 07/01/2016 Received/Application Complete

Anyone have the same thing?

Interview #5
School: Penn
Notification date: 8/27
Method of notification: email

Interview #6
School: Columbia
Notification date: 8/28

Interview #7
School: Maryland
Notification date: 8/29
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/4
Application complete date: 7/18
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.1 oGPA: 3.1
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/19/21/none

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #5
School: Penn
Notification date: 8/27

Interview #6
School: Columbia
Notification date: 8/28

Interview #7
School: Maryland
Notification date: 8/29
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/4
Application complete date: 7/18
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.1 oGPA: 3.1
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/19/21/none

That must have been a pretty nice few days haha.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, has anyone heard from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH? I am a legacy there with competitive stats (I think). I'm getting pretty nervous because I was unable to finalaize my apps until mid august because of a DAT retake. Good luck to everyone this week

Hello, has anyone heard from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH? I am a legacy there with competitive stats (I think). I'm getting pretty nervous because I was unable to finalaize my apps until mid august because of a DAT retake. Good luck to everyone this week

what are your stats if you don't mind me asking? Case is giving out interviews to ppl with ridiculous stats

SO HYPE RIGHT NOW Y'ALL

Interview #2
School: University of Maryland
Notification date: 10/03
Method of notification: Email
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/02
Application complete date/Supplemental submitted: 09/07 / 09/19
Undergrad GPA (science, overall): 3.0/3.1
Graduate GPA (science, overall): 3.8/3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/21/21/None

Last edited:
Yes. Submitted in mid July and invited in mid September.

IIRC they send out interviews only one day per month, so that may be why.

So excited, first interview! :)

Interview #1
School: University of Maryland
Notification date: 10/03
Residency: MD
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/12
Application complete date/Supplemental submitted: 08/4 / 09/7
Undergrad GPA (science, overall): 3.52/3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/18/22/Yes- QR

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
4th Interview!

School: Pitt
Notification date: 10/4
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.81 oGPA:3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): AA 23 TS 22 PAT 20 RC 24

Reactions: 4 users
4th Interview!

School: Pitt
Notification date: 10/4
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.81 oGPA:3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): AA 23 TS 22 PAT 20 RC 24

Congrats! Did you finish the supplemental ap relatively recently?

It seems like no one is getting interviews this week haha.

Interview #2!! (Interview #1 at Midwestern-AZ)
School: University of Louisville
Notification date: 10/5
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Arizona
AADSAS mail-out date: first 7/22 then 8/05 after DAT
Application complete date: 6/30
If you really want to know my stats, you are more than welcome to message me!

Last edited:
Interview #2!! (Interview #1 at Midwestern-AZ)
School: University of Louisville
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Arizona
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/05
Application complete date: 8/29 for Louisville
If you really want to know my stats, you are more than welcome to message me!

In July I got 5 interview invites. I haven't gotten a single one since then. I don't get this.

Reactions: 1 users
In July I got 5 interview invites. I haven't gotten a single one since then. I don't get this.
Only 5. Smh. Step your game up to at least 1 interview.

*complete sarcasm intended* :p

Reactions: 4 users
Does NYU not use the AADSAS portal?? I don't see them on my list of school.

Interview #6!!!

School: Oregon
Notification date: 10/5/16
Residency: IN
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/16
Application complete date: 6/01/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.77 sGPA, 3.83 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA / 19 TS / 18 PAT / 26 RC (none under 17)

Other interviews: NOVA, MWU-AZ, Maryland, Indiana, UNLV

Interview #8!!

School: OHSU
Residency: Alaska
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/15/2016 (application), 7/22/2016 (DAT scores)
Application complete date: 07/21/2016 (Under Review)
GPA(science, overall): 3.97, 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/reading/any section below 17): 20/20/24/20/none

Is it me or was today just an extra slow day hearing from schools?? it's okay ... TUESDAY AND THURSDAY are my days tho!!!!

Anddddd since it's my day off tomorrow... the meme below will be me. :joyful:

Attachments

• IMG_9829.PNG
    IMG_9829.PNG
    219.2 KB · Views: 56
Hi,
Since this is the most viewed topic/thread can I ask you all a question? If I don't get in any school this cycle, should I sign up for posbacc or master programs? Is there any school that offers master program and take you in their dental program if you do well? I know Nova does that. Is there anywhere else?
Thank you so much!

Hi,
Since this is the most viewed topic/thread can I ask you all a question? If I don't get in any school this cycle, should I sign up for posbacc or master programs? Is there any school that offers master program and take you in their dental program if you do well? I know Nova does that. Is there anywhere else?
Thank you so much!

whats ur gpa/dat?

Hi,
Thank you so much!

Nova, Creighton, MWU-AZ

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interview #10

OHSU! My dream school!
Residency: CO
GPA: 3.89
DAT: 21

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi,
Thank you so much!
I heard temple university has a postbacc program that guarantees an ADMISSION into their dental school if you have a 20+ DAT and complete their program with 3.5+ GPA. Good deal. I feel like this is the only guaranteed admission program. I've never even heard of a program that guarantees an INTERVIEW, but this is ADMISSION.

I heard temple university has a postbacc program that guarantees an ADMISSION into their dental school if you have a 20+ DAT and complete their program with 3.5+ GPA. Good deal. I feel like this is the only guaranteed admission program. I've never even heard of a program that guarantees an INTERVIEW, but this is ADMISSION.
I am sorry to tell you this but you have been misinformed. Their website says those students will be considered for admission and admission is NOT guaranteed...not to mention the 40k tuition as well...

Hi,
Thank you so much!
Mississippi and Louisiana has a program like this for preMed/Dent students. I don't know much about the one in Mississippi, however I did the masters program at LSU Shreveport. You can complete it in a year if you put your nose to the grind stone and take about 3 hours in the summer, and 14/13 hours per semester. There were a lot of students in the program from all over the country. They just recently started a Kaplan class at LSUS that allows the med students to take a mock USMLE Part I and the dental students to take a mock NBDE Part I. I was the first class to take the exam. A passing grade on the exam is about a 60% for the mock exam and I made a 50% without ever have taken a single dental school class. LSUHSC School of dentistry loves both of these programs and I'm pretty sure Midwestern, NOVA, Tennessee, VCU, and a few others love students that have gone the extra mile to complete this program. Most of the people I knew that completed LSUS master's program ended up getting in to med/dent school the following application cycle. One girl got accepted before she had even completed the program. Hopefully after December 1st I will fit in to the same category.

Baylor guarantees an interview too if you're a TX resident.

Only 5. Smh. Step your game up to at least 1 interview.

*complete sarcasm intended* :p
I know, I am thankful for the 5. But its still not fun sitting in complete silence for two months and watching everyone else get interviews to my dream schools. I was just wondering how you get so many interviews initially then nothing.

Last year's thread had up to 105 pages... Makes me feel like we are 1/3 done in this process lol

Last year's thread had up to 105 pages... Makes me feel like we are 1/3 done in this process lol

And they were already on page 43 on this date a year ago.

Maybe we are just extra shy.

And they were already on page 43 on this date a year ago.

Maybe we are just extra shy.
This year compared to last cycle seem very slow in general. I don't see as many invites and it makes me feel like schools are really cutting down their interview invites after hearing that NYU is doing that way this year.

This year compared to last cycle seem very slow in general. I don't see as many invites and it makes me feel like schools are really cutting down their interview invites after hearing that NYU is doing that way this year.

What do you mean?

What do you mean?
They're saying that a lot of schools are limiting the invites they're sending out. One such school that said they are limiting invites this cycle is NYU.

Anybody realize that half of October will be gone next week. :(:sick::scared::wow:

Reactions: 5 users
maybe schools are trying to interview less applicants this year. Just my complete random guess lol but I heard NYU is definitely interviewing less people this year

They're saying that a lot of schools are limiting the invites they're sending out. One such school that said they are limiting invites this cycle is NYU.

Good info! Thanks guys!