*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you so much RS2224! My stats aren't bad but they aren't AMAZING also, and 20 on DAT. I just started a master's program to help boost my application, but I'm pretty sure that dental schools will want to see my first semester grades before they consider anything further. Where did you get interviews from? Congrats, and I hope they go well!!
Oh... I noticed your name is mavsfan?? Are you from Dallas? We are rivals then... because the Houston rockets are sooo much better ;) PS maybe I'll get more interviews than you since everyone knows Houston is better than Dallas? Ahah I joke

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh... I noticed your name is mavsfan?? Are you from Dallas? We are rivals then... because the Houston rockets are sooo much better ;) PS maybe I'll get more interviews than you since everyone knows Houston is better than Dallas? Ahah I joke

Hahaha, yes I am from Dallas! Just moved out of state though so much love for anyone from Texas right now...

Side note: How about them cowboys?!!!!

:biglove::biglove::biglove:
YAY!! INTERVIEW INVITE!!
Howard University
Notified: today 10/11
Interview: 10/24
AA/TS/PAT: 19/18/21
uGPA/gradGPA: 3.37/3.89

I am extremely grateful to have one. I was not expecting any this application cycle!

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
:biglove::biglove::biglove:
YAY!! INTERVIEW INVITE!!
Howard University
Notified: today 10/11
Interview: 10/24
AA/TS/PAT: 19/18/21
uGPA/gradGPA: 3.37/3.89

I am extremely grateful to have one. I was not expecting any this application cycle!

Congrats :highfive: Glad to see Howard's finally in the game! When did you submit your app?

Congrats :highfive: Glad to see Howard's finally in the game! When did you submit your app?

Thank you! I received the email requesting the supplemental fee on 7/28, and then got the confirmation email of my payment on 8/5

Are dental schools sending less interview invites this year?
It has been incredibly quiet!

Reactions: 2 users
Interview# 5: Touro and Interview# 6: NYU:bow::bow::bow:

Interview#2

School: UPenn
Notification date: 10/10
Method of notification: email
Residency: Illinois
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/05
GPA (science, overall) 3.24, 3.26
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/QR): 20/20/22/22/21

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview#2

School: UPenn
Notification date: 10/10
Residency: Illinois
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/05
GPA (science, overall) 3.24, 3.26
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/QR): 20/20/22/22/21

When is your interview?

Welp, I got the Nova rejection letter via snail mail today +pity+

I figured that would happen with them, but oh well! Did all I could.

Reactions: 1 users
Welp, I got the Nova rejection letter via snail mail today +pity+

I figured that would happen with them, but oh well! Did all I could.
Pshh.. you're gonna be hearing back from way better schools, ANYWAYS. *flips hair*

Interview #8
School: Dental College of Georgia
Notification date: 10/12
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/4
Application complete date: 9/14
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.1 oGPA: 3.1
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/19/21/none

Reactions: 7 users
Hey everyone! Just got an interview with NYUCD...will I be seeing anyone there?!
AA/TS/: 20

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone! Just got an interview with NYUCD...will I be seeing anyone there?!
AA/TS/: 20

Congrats!! Can you please share your stats, residency, mail out/, and app complete? Some of us are hoping to hear back from them as well, we would really appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats!! Can you please share your stats, residency, mail out/, and app complete? Some of us are hoping to hear back from them as well, we would really appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

When is your app complete date? if you don't mind me asking

I submitted the app in mid August and my residency is NY

isn't it suppose to be the peak time for interview invites? I barely see people posting their invites.

I'm starting to get the idea that the class of 2021 is just unusually SDN-averse.

Most of the pre-dents I know don't use sdn because it stresses them out lol. Not me.
yea cus in real life, we normally don't see people with 27AA on DAT or with 15 interview invites lol, but still it seems too slow compared to last couple years

90% of applicants who do use sdn don't post.

12 k applicants a year, if 10% post that's 1,200 posters. That's a lot of folks who don't post interview invites.

Reactions: 4 users
It's been a pretty quiet day today in the emails. :artist::whistle::sleep::corny:

90% of applicants who do use sdn don't post.

12 k applicants a year, if 10% post that's 1,200 posters. That's a lot of folks who don't post interview invites.

Lurkers1.jpg

Very very excited! Got an invite from U Pittsburgh today! One of my dream schools!
Interview #5
U pittsburgh
Notification Date: 10/12 email
Residency: MA
App Complete: 8/22

Very very excited! Got an invite from U Pittsburgh today! One of my dream schools!
Interview #5
U pittsburgh
Notification Date: 10/12 email
Residency: MA
App Complete: 8/22
Why is Pittsburgh so big on here? Is it that good?

Anybody else just have a constant pit of anxiety goin' on? I submitted my app day 1 of the cycle and I die a bit more inside every time I get on this message board lol... you people and your damn success.... :annoyed: (but seriously, congrats to all on the invites :))

AADSAS mail-out date of 6/24? How many interviews have you had thus far?

I haven't heard anything about interviews yet & my application was complete (with my second set of DAT scores) around mid-August- that's when I started getting confirmation emails, should I be worried??

Not sure why but I received a confirmation email that University of Maryland has my application under review on 7/7/2016 and I paid their fee of $90 but I haven't heard about a secondary application or anything?

Not sure why but I received a confirmation email that University of Maryland has my application under review on 7/7/2016 and I paid their fee of $90 but I haven't heard about a secondary application or anything?

Maryland is one of the few schools that doesn't send secondaries out to everybody.

I haven't heard anything about interviews yet & my application was complete (with my second set of DAT scores) around mid-August- that's when I started getting confirmation emails, should I be worried??

My application was complete as of July 7 and I still have not heard back from 2/3 schools. You're not alone!

Do they only send them to qualified applicants then or on a case by case basis if they need more info for example?
They only send them to applicants they are interested in.

Do they only send them to qualified applicants then or on a case by case basis if they need more info for example?

Not necessarily to all qualified applicants, but the ones they are interested in interviewing. According to last cycle Maryland sent out secondaries post-December too, so its definitely not too late for folks who haven't received one yet.

That's good to know. This waiting game is so stressful, I feel like I'm going insane... :arghh:

That's good to know. This waiting game is so stressful, I feel like I'm going insane...
Girl, I couldn't agree with you more :( :unsure::sorry:. It's on my mind 24/7. (Although, I am very, VERY grateful for what I've gotten so far. I realize others may not be as lucky at the moment).