*~*~* Official 2020-2021 AADSAS Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

The dental application opened on May 12th, 2020, and today (June 16th, 2020) is the first day you can submit! These are exciting times!!

2019-2020 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection thread

Please use the following format to keep things nice and pretty:

Interview/Acceptance/Rejection #_ (pick 1 of 3 and add your number)
School: Name
Notification date: Date
Method of notification: Portal or Email or Call
Residency: State
AADSAS mail-out date: Date your app was verified
Application complete date: Date the school said your file was complete
GPA (science, overall): x.xx, x.xx
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): Scores if you want to post
Dates available OR your interview date: Post if you want to!
Method of interview: Virtual or In-person?

Don't forget to post in the school specific thread too, which can be found here: *** Official C/O 2025 Dental School Compilation Thread ***

Interviews should be coming in reallllly soon, so good luck everyone! Rock those interviews! :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Iowa sent out interview invites just so everyone knows!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who submitted their app on June 16th (the first day) been Verified yet? Mine still says Complete and I just was wondering :) Good luck to all!!

Has anyone who submitted their app on June 16th (the first day) been Verified yet? Mine still says Complete and I just was wondering :) Good luck to all!!
Hey mine got verified the next day after I submitted, but the majority of my grades had been previously verified from last cycle.

Last edited:
Submitted June 16 at 1 AM and was verified June 22 at 3 AM.

Application was completed June 18th at 9pm EST; Verified June 24th 2am EST.

Iowa sent out interview invites just so everyone knows!
I literally hit submit on my application as soon as it was allowed on June 16th, and I just now received an email from Iowa saying they received my application. I've already received secondary application requests from other schools, but Iowa just now said they are looking at my application! Does this mean I'm lower priority with them? My DAT scores are good, I got a 22 AA, 23 TS, 20 perceptual.

I literally hit submit on my application as soon as it was allowed on June 16th, and I just now received an email from Iowa saying they received my application. I've already received secondary application requests from other schools, but Iowa just now said they are looking at my application! Does this mean I'm lower priority with them? My DAT scores are good, I got a 22 AA, 23 TS, 20 perceptual.
I just got the same email like 30 mins ago from them!

I just got the same email like 30 mins ago from them!
Maybe there was a select group of students (perhaps visited a sim day?) who had first priority. All I know is that if I submitted as soon as was physically possible and my app was barely accepted, it makes me nervous that they've already sent out interviews!

Maybe there was a select group of students (perhaps visited a sim day?) who had first priority. All I know is that if I submitted as soon as was physically possible and my app was barely accepted, it makes me nervous that they've already sent out interviews!
Yeah, who knows! In the end there's only so much you can do. I submitted the first day too around 11am and have a decent DAT scores (a bit lower than yours) and a high GPA - I'm in the same boat as you are. We've got this!! :) Keep me updated!

You guys think its fair to say that Midwestern AZ will be the next to send interview invites? Last year they sent their first invites in June...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, who knows! In the end there's only so much you can do. I submitted the first day too around 11am and have a decent DAT scores (a bit lower than yours) and a high GPA - I'm in the same boat as you are. We've got this!! :) Keep me updated!
Will do, let me know how it goes with you too!

You guys think its fair to say that Midwestern AZ will be the next to send interview invites? Last year they sent their first invites in June...
There is no way to predict what will happen this cycle. They may delay because so many people are applying without DAT scores. They may delay because interviews are online so you won’t need to make travel accommodations in advance, etc. It’s unpredictable.

Reactions: 1 users
There is no way to predict what will happen this cycle. They may delay because so many people are applying without DAT scores. They may delay because interviews are online so you won’t need to make travel accommodations in advance, etc. It’s unpredictable.
I agree that it is unpredictable. Especially with all of the individuals that will be applying without DAT scores; I feel as though admissions committees have to make it as fair as possible because their absent DAT score is not the fault of the student's. Now, whether or not they just put those apps to the side for that moment and move on, I am not sure.

I agree that it is unpredictable. Especially with all of the individuals that will be applying without DAT scores; I feel as though admissions committees have to make it as fair as possible because their absent DAT score is not the fault of the student's. Now, whether or not they just put those apps to the side for that moment and move on, I am not sure.
I agree that they are likely trying to be as fair as possible; that being said, almost every correspondence I've received made it very clear that applications would not be considered until they were complete, I.E. all transcripts, DAT, and CASPER scores had been received. I'm curious how many students have been affected by the shut-downs? I know that here in Utah only about 3 weeks of DAT tests were rescheduled, what's it been like for the rest of you around the country?

Just got email from UK stating that they’re doing virtual interviews this cycle: “This cycle, UKCD will be holding all interviews for admission virtually. Therefore, there will be no in-person tours given during interview days.”

I agree that they are likely trying to be as fair as possible; that being said, almost every correspondence I've received made it very clear that applications would not be considered until they were complete, I.E. all transcripts, DAT, and CASPER scores had been received. I'm curious how many students have been affected by the shut-downs? I know that here in Utah only about 3 weeks of DAT tests were rescheduled, what's it been like for the rest of you around the country?
I'm from Appalachia and it hasn't hit SUPER hard here yet. Things are ramping up now, of course, but not a lot of DAT tests were rescheduled for those people that I know (I took mine in Feb, so it wasn't an issue for me, personally).

Any interview invites? I saw on FB that someone received an invite from Iowa

Hey wondering if anyone else saw the email about the extension of the acceptance date to December 15th. Does that mean the first date schools are allowed to give out acceptances is December 15th? Just wondering if I understood that correctly.

Hey wondering if anyone else saw the email about the extension of the acceptance date to December 15th. Does that mean the first date schools are allowed to give out acceptances is December 15th? Just wondering if I understood that correctly.
Yup, that's exactly what it means!

Interview #1
School:
Iowa
Notification date: 7/10
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Iowa
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/8
Application complete date: 7/10
GPA (science, overall): 3.91, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/23/25/21/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/28
Method of interview: In-person

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats, it is really a fast interview.

Interview #1
School:
Iowa
Notification date: 7/10
Residency: Iowa
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/8
Application complete date: 7/10
GPA (science, overall): 3.91, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/23/25/21/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/28
Method of interview: In-person

Congrats! That was really fast! Did you submit 6/16?

Deferred #1
School: The University of Iowa
Notification date: 7/13
Residency: Tennessee
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/22
Application complete date: 6/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.84, 3.88
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/18/23 QR16
Dates available OR your interview date: N/A

At least it’s not a no :) Maybe some hope? I'm not going to get down... for an OOS non-private, I take it as it's good that its not a hard no. What do we think?

Last edited:
I actually got this yesterday too:

Deferred #1
Residency: Utah
GPA (science, overall): 3.54, 3.18
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/20/23/none

I'm disappointed, BUT, at least it's not a no!

Deferred #1

For an out-of-state non-private for both of us, then I'm going to say I'm happy it's not a hard no :) We got this, we’ll stay positive!

Last edited:

Deferred #1

What does deferred mean in this context?

What does deferred mean in this context?
It means that they're neither extending an interview invite nor telling me no; they're holding my application with the intention of inviting me in for an interview if they don't get an application they like more in the next couple of months.

It means that they're neither extending an interview invite nor telling me no; they're holding my application with the intention of inviting me in for an interview if they don't get an application they like more in the next couple of months.
This is a good way of putting it. I’m so happy it’s not a hard no lol

If you aren’t an Iowa resident then you are automatically lower priority.

For Iowa this is a no just so you know!
Hey! Ah, that’s okay, just means it wasn’t meant to be, I guess! :) I’m glad for you that you got in there! Best of luck on your dental school journey!

University of Connecticut has also started sending out interviews

Has anyone heard anything at all from Tufts or Minnesota?

I've seen people have gotten invites as well as deferred for Iowa. What if you haven't received either? Probably still going through the applications?

Has anyone heard anything at all from Tufts or Minnesota?
I actually got an email from Tufts last night around 8pm saying my application was complete and no further info was needed from me. The email said they start sending out invites in September :)

I actually got an email from Tufts last night around 8pm saying my application was complete and no further info was needed from me. The email said they start sending out invites in September :)

I can’t believe we still have nearly 2 months to wait for some schools :(

I can’t believe we still have nearly 2 months to wait for some schools :(
I know. And where I am from it’s a smaller 4 year university and know only one other person that’s applying this cycle - so I’ve been like, bothering him about how crazy long this process is and how anxious I am! It’s most definitely a waiting game - just what I’m waiting on is not certain.

Are all interview invites through email or are there any programs that utilize their applicant portals?

Are all interview invites through email or are there any programs that utilize their applicant portals?

Most school will contact you through email but I have heard UoP actually called for interviews in the previous cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.