*~*~* Official 2020-2021 AADSAS Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What am I supposed to do today to not think about tomorrow???
Go for a walk, watch a movie, talk to friends and family. I think everybody has tomorrow on their mind so you're not alone. It's a very exciting yet very frightening time for everybody. Lots of emotions. Just focus on today and let tomorrow and the upcoming weeks take care of themself.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
In case anyone was wondering here is an old forum for the times schools announce some decisions. Idk how accurate it is given its 3 years old and COVID but hey.

I'm seeing conflicting things in other threads so I'm not 100% confident in that compilation.

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone is feeling upset/alone DM and I’ll be glad to talk if needed! ❤️

Reactions: 1 user
My AADSAS status just changed to "Awaiting Heart-attack".

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
What am I supposed to do today to not think about tomorrow???
Hope you found something better to do with your time today than me. I have sat on my couch in the same spot all day just waiting for the time to pass lol

Reactions: 3 users
Would there be more useful posts about what to expect in a few hours? Also, let me know if anyone need a buddy to kill time tonight!

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone is feeling upset/alone DM and I’ll be glad to talk if needed! ❤️
That's me on a regular basis so hmu I guess lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck to all of you tomorrow! :)

Twas the night before D-Day.
I sat alone in my house,
With my hand hovering over the computer mouse.
I'd been refreshing for three hours, but I didn't care,
Because I knew midnight would soon be here.

All of my friends are surely in bed,
With nightmares of finals running through their heads.
But finals are the furthest thing from my mind,
As I refreshed and refreshed, hoping an Accepted would be what I'd find.

The mailman is sick, with this I can't cope!
I lost my phone charger, so AADSAS is my only hope!!
Refreshing and refreshing, awaiting a change,
When, I finally noticed something strange.

Check back on Dec. 1st? was what I was reading!
Surely this has to have some other meaning!!
Could this be like the blanks of last year?
Oh, I wish midnight were already here!

Its been three months since my last interview.
For the decisions, I've been waiting. If you only knew!
The uncertainty is unbearable.
This anticipation is incomparable.

To think in mere minutes the wait could end,
Makes my weary mind bend.
Years of hard work have led to this night,
And the possibilities set me affright!

And here it is, already 12:01!
And the status updates? NONE!
Don't these Adcoms know how I'm feeling?
For how long my head has been reeling?!

All of these emotions have worn me out!
My friends don't know what all the fuss is about.
It's only the most important day of my life, I reason.
An acceptance would perfect this holiday season!

But 5 minutes later, no update yet.
Oh, I give up! IM GOING TO BED!!

Reactions: 19 users
If I dont get accepted tomorrow it will be the beginning of my villian origin story. I will open up candy shops across the nation that will take teeth by storm. #JustJokes

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Just got a rejection (without interview) a few minutes ago :rofl: Not the best timing and not a good foreshadow for what's to come tomorrow for me. But hey, at least it split my spirits and prepared me for what's to come... can only go up from here! Expect the worse, so any good news becomes great news! :banana:

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just got a rejection (without interview) a few minutes ago :rofl: Not the best timing and not a good foreshadow for what's to come tomorrow for me. But hey, at least it split my spirits and prepared me for what's to come... can only go up from here! Expect the worse, so any good news becomes great news! :banana:
Hope you get good news! I know that can be discouraging but the best news is yet to (hopefully) come !
Aaaand I also hope that we all can find some time to sleep or get some form of rest, one way or the other lol.

Aw no! Well, you’re right — it goes up from here! :) if it makes you feel any better, I got two rejections without interviews the past two weeks. ❤️

3 more hours. I know for sure that Touro likes to call at midnight...

Wait a minute...who's midnight are we going by....EST, CST, MST, PST, AKST, or HST...lol...stressed minds must know! :p

Wait a minute...who's midnight are we going by....EST, CST, MST, PST, AKST, or HST...lol...stressed minds must know! :p
generally, the schools will notify via email at midnight in their own time zones AT THE EARLIEST
some may start at 8 am their time
others may call at that time and ignore the time zone of the recipient of the call

generally, the schools will notify via email at midnight in their own time zones AT THE EARLIEST
some may start at 8 am their time
others may call at that time and ignore the time zone of the recipient of the call
Screen_Shot_2019-01-17_at_4.22.43_PM.jpg

^Me reading the last sentence and realizing some schools end up notifying people before it's officially the 15th

Wish schools would announce at exactly midnight EST so I don't have to stay up until 5am

Reactions: 1 users
Wish schools would announce at exactly midnight EST so I don't have to stay up until 5am
I read Touro is one of them but they also said they’ll begin notifying on the 16th.

Touro and temple sent out at midnight!!

ACCEPTED TO UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY AHHH

Reactions: 7 users
It's going to be a long night for me...

Reactions: 1 users
If I dont get accepted tomorrow it will be the beginning of my villian origin story. I will open up candy shops across the nation that will take teeth by storm. #JustJokes
Then you have a change of heart after seeing how much pain you’ve caused and vowed to become a dentist to right your wrongs. Everyone loves a good redemption story. I’d accept you.

Reactions: 2 users
It's going to be a long night for me...

In other words, go to bed.

If Pitt doesn’t accept me tomorrow I’m going to channel my inner Rock Lee and walking handstand all the way to the school to show my resolve.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got accepted to Temple and Case western!!! I can finally go to bed now. I wish everyone the best of luck with decision week. Hang in there!

Reactions: 4 users
BU also sent out acceptances!

edit: via email around 12:30 am est

Status
Not open for further replies.