*~*~*~*Official AMCAS Work/Activities Tips Thread 2016-2017*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be dishonest to include it all under the leadership tag? The reason I ask is because I see little distinction between the work I did as a volunteer and my transition to becoming a skilled supervisor. Couldn't you argue that almost every activity falls under different categories?
If you, with your more complete understanding of the situation, feel that your job description and level of responsibility in managing others were the same, and that your Contact at HfH would agree, then you can use your best judgement on how to list the activity.

Members don't see this ad :)
So this may or may not have been asked before, but how would I enter nursing school clinicals (included direct patient contact and care)?
Would this go under physician shadowing/clinical observation?

So this may or may not have been asked before, but how would I enter nursing school clinicals (included direct patient contact and care)?
Would this go under physician shadowing/clinical observation?
I suggest using Other as a category and naming the activity something like Nursing School Clinical Rotation Experience, as it is a mix of shadowing health care providers and hands-on care that is neither paid nor volunteer. Try to break the hours down if you can. Consider exporting any dedicated physician shadowing to its own Shadowing space, without double counting the hours. If you earned any relevant certifications that you used, mention that here too.

Hello! Quick question about club sports. I was captain of a club soccer team in college and I'm not sure if this can be classified as intercollegiate athletics. It was definitely intercollegiate and not intramural as we played other schools, but I wasn't sure if AMCAS has requirements about needing to be part of a conference, like varsity athletics, to fit under this category. We were part of a club sports league for one year but mostly coordinated games independently. Thank you!

One of my most meaningful experiences is a conference I attended. However, I was originally planning to include that conference into one large grouping of all the conferences I have attended. Would there be a way to indicate that this one specific conference is one of my most meaningful? Or should I be placing it in a separate category all together? Thank you in advance, @Catalystik

Hello! Quick question about club sports. I was captain of a club soccer team in college and I'm not sure if this can be classified as intercollegiate athletics. It was definitely intercollegiate and not intramural as we played other schools, but I wasn't sure if AMCAS has requirements about needing to be part of a conference, like varsity athletics, to fit under this category. We were part of a club sports league for one year but mostly coordinated games independently. Thank you!
I'd tag it Extracurricular. Then make it clear in the description if it was your school's only soccer team, the intensity of involvement, the breadth of the competition, and if the team got significant financial support from your school.

One of my most meaningful experiences is a conference I attended. However, I was originally planning to include that conference into one large grouping of all the conferences I have attended. Would there be a way to indicate that this one specific conference is one of my most meaningful? Or should I be placing it in a separate category all together? Thank you in advance, @Catalystik
Are these conferences mentioned elsewhere, like for Posters /Presentations, or did they have another purpose? If the former, they could desirably not be listed again, which would give you more space for the important one.

Reactions: 1 user
Am i correct to assume that while you can project future end dates, you can't put down future hours?
You may insert future hours, though not all do so. You would do best to differentiate between completed and future hours in one of several ways:
-If you want to include the hours of a future activity that you are already engaged in, but keeping in mind that you won't be judged by future plans that could fall through, you can consider these options:

1) Use the Repeated feature to separate the Completed vs Future hours. This works if May 2016 is both your End Date for the Completed Hours and your Start Date for the future hours (you won't be permitted to enter and save a future start date that hasn't happened yet). Put the appropriate total in each Total Hours box. If you are graduating, say, May 2017, that is a reasonable end date to enter if you are sure you will stay involved with the activity for another year. August 2017 is the latest month you'd be allowed to enter. Include a conservative, in-good-faith guess on future hours for the second Total Hours box.

**Note that on June 1 you'll be able to enter June 2016 as the End Date for date range #1 and Start Date for date range #2, if you prefer.

2) Or, only list the Completed Hours in the Total Hours box using the appropriate Start and End Dates, then in the narrative box state that you plan to continue this activity from June 2016-May 2017 (or whatever) with a probable additional ?00 hours.

3) Or, do the same as in #2, but don't state anticipated Future hours, especially if there is any possibility they might not be completed. Just make a statement that you intend to continue with the activity for another X months.

How do I list hours for a hobby ? I thought this would have been answered but I searched, phrasing the question in several different ways, and couldn't find a straight up answer. Are hours actually required by AMCAS -- aka do I leave this blank for hobbies? Or do I guess?

I've been playing piano since I was 8...I'm 26. I stopped taking lessons in high school but have played for fun/enjoyment/relaxation since then.

You may insert future hours, though not all do so. You would do best to differentiate between completed and future hours in one of several ways:
To clarify, "keeping in mind that you won't be judged by future plans that could fall through" means that whether I choose to indicate future hours or not, the projected hours won't help or harm my application?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
1) How do I list hours for a hobby ? I thought this would have been answered but I searched, phrasing the question in several different ways, and couldn't find a straight up answer. Are hours actually required by AMCAS -- aka do I leave this blank for hobbies? Or do I guess?

2) I've been playing piano since I was 8...I'm 26. I stopped taking lessons in high school but have played for fun/enjoyment/relaxation since then.
1) Either make a best-faith estimate or enter a 999 (or 9999) and state in the narrative that the hours are unknowable, because for Hobbies it doesn't really matter any way.

2) For a near-lifelong hobby, you may list Start date sometime in your childhood and select multiple date ranges (maybe childhood, HS, and college years) to specify Total Hours for each, or you could enter just the college years (which we're more interested in) and describe the back story of earlier involvement in the narrative. Honestly, the hours will be so high as to be meaningless.

Quoting this from the thread two years ago,

@Catalystik you said "Some applicants don't have contact information for a physician [that they shadowed], in which case one can use a single contact in the header and just list the rest of the docs in the narrative without contact information, and sometimes, even without naming them."

I'm grouping multiple shadowing experiences into one field, except I don't have contact info for two doctors I shadowed during my hospital internship years ago. The "shadowing" part was very informal. It was more like "ah, hey you, you're a student. Want to see cool things? follow me around, we shall see cool things." I found their office numbers online, but I'm not sure it will do any good as 1) they don't know my name 2) it's been yeeeeears 3) many of my clinical observations were spontaneous. Is it a major red flag if there's no contact info?

To clarify, "keeping in mind that you won't be judged by future plans that could fall through" means that whether I choose to indicate future hours or not, the projected hours won't help or harm my application?
True in general, but IMO, it could harm your application if you just started a near-essential EC a week before submitting and project a lot of hours over the next year.

Quoting this from the thread two years ago,

@Catalystik you said "Some applicants don't have contact information for a physician [that they shadowed], in which case one can use a single contact in the header and just list the rest of the docs in the narrative without contact information, and sometimes, even without naming them."

I'm grouping multiple shadowing experiences into one field, except I don't have contact info for two doctors I shadowed during my hospital internship years ago. The "shadowing" part was very informal. It was more like "ah, hey you, you're a student. Want to see cool things? follow me around, we shall see cool things." I found their office numbers online, but I'm not sure it will do any good as 1) they don't know my name 2) it's been yeeeeears 3) many of my clinical observations were spontaneous. Is it a major red flag if there's no contact info?
I covered this situation at the bottom of post #58 in this thread (but I appreciate that you're researching the old threads, too).
One potential format for listing physician shadowing on an AMCAS application (whichever doc you list first, you'd put the pertinent data in the header and omit it from the narrative box. Total Hours box would be all the hours added together):

**4/2015-5/2015: 15 hours, Jake Famleedok, MD, Family Practice. [email protected] This was mostly clinic time, but I got to observe a vaginal delivery, too. I cut the cord!

**3/14-5/2014: 20 hours, Ling Ula, MD, Pulmonology, Podunk, AL, Health Clinic, 555-555-5556

** 12/2013-3/2014: 40 hours, Al Abowtgolf, DO, Sports Medicine, Podunk, AL, Health Clinic, 555-555-5555

**Spring 2012: 15 hours, John Kutoocure, DO, Surgeon, Meridian, MS. [email protected] Observed a complete bowel resection and a pancreatic cancer resection. Some clinic hours included.

-If the Contact is not the physician, you'll need to add that person's name, too.
-If two or more took place at one location, you might list them at the top and have the header Organization apply to both.
-If you have many, many docs, you can list the main ones at the top and later summarize others in a way that fits in the remaining space, like "Also shadowed a rheumatologist, neonatologist, and neurosurgeon for 20 more hours combined" without giving contacts and locations.

Since you have legitimate Contact info for most of the shadowees, you'll be fine.

Hey again! Thanks to everyone who has helped answer my questions, especially Catalystik.

I was the senior Biology major representative on a search committee for a tenure-track Biology faculty member. I initially had this classified as Leadership, but after reading some other posts, it seems like that category applies to peer leadership and mentorship, which may not fit this situation. As part of my role, I organized teas and journal discussions with students and candidates and distributed/reviewed feedback forms from students to present to the committee. From that description, do you think I could classify that as leadership? I just don't know where else it would fit under. I didn't get paid for my participation, so it could perhaps fit under community service, but that doesn't seem quite right either.

I was the senior Biology major representative on a search committee for a tenure-track Biology faculty member. I initially had this classified as Leadership, but after reading some other posts, it seems like that category applies to peer leadership and mentorship, which may not fit this situation. As part of my role, I organized teas and journal discussions with students and candidates and distributed/reviewed feedback forms from students to present to the committee. From that description, do you think I could classify that as leadership? I just don't know where else it would fit under. I didn't get paid for my participation, so it could perhaps fit under community service, but that doesn't seem quite right either.
It fits under Volunteer/Community Service - Not Medical/Clinical. Another alternative would be to use the Other category, if you feel more comfortable with that.

I covered this situation at the bottom of post #58 in this thread (but I appreciate that you're researching the old threads, too).

Since you have legitimate Contact info for most of the shadowees, you'll be fine.
@Catalystik I appreciate you so much! And the video in your signature! I've already watched it 6 times xD

@Catalystik I appreciate you so much! And the video in your signature! I've already watched it 6 times xD
Thanks for the comment about the video. I, too, watch it often. There are incidences of subtle humor I love, like the sneezing, removal of cat hair from clothing, rolling a yarn ball, etc, that one might not pick up on the first few views. (And trying to get all their charges moving in the right direction to complete a journey is exactly what we adcomms are trying to achieve by helping out here on SDN.)

Last edited:
How should I classify this? Paid employment (clinical?)

I work at a therapeutic group home with kids who have PTSD and attachment disorders - in a sense it is like being a therapeutic parent to them - I pick them up from school, help with homework, feed them, help with hygiene, take them to soccer practice, give them their meds, make them food, etc. (Parenting) I also address previous trauma and work through their PTSD and attachment issues - this includes a lot of being bitten, kicked, hit at (which requires physically restraining the kids) as well as talking about underlying trauma and doing group therapy with them and sometimes going to individual therapy with them.

I saw that one person here worked with kids with autism and I'm not quite sure if this is similar. It really is parenting six very mentally unwell kids.

Last edited:
How should I classify this? Paid employment (clinical?)

I work at a therapeutic group home with kids who have PTSD and attachment disorders - in a sense it is like being a therapeutic parent to them - I pick them up from school, help with homework, feed them, help with hygiene, take them to soccer practice, give them their meds, make them food, etc. (Parenting) I also address previous trauma and work through their PTSD and attachment issues - this includes a lot of being bitten, kicked, hit at (which requires physically restraining the kids) as well as talking about underlying trauma and doing group therapy with them and sometimes going to individual therapy with them.

I saw that one person here worked with kids with autism and I'm not quite sure if this is similar. It really is parenting six very mentally unwell kids.
If you Emphasize the therapeutic components, this job is far more likely to be perceived by adcomms as being "clinical" than if you place the parenting aspects in the forefront. You might also include the writing of reports and the team meetings with other staff, like psychologists and social workers.

If you Emphasize the therapeutic components, this job is far more likely to be perceived by adcomms as being "clinical" than if you place the parenting aspects in the forefront. You might also include the writing of reports and the team meetings with other staff, like psychologists and social workers.

Thanks! There is a lot of report writing and reading and treatment team meetings. I think I will go this direction (really most days feel much more "clinical" than like a home - :( sad for the kids).

I interned at a small biotech company the summer before senior year in high school, and then I interned there again the summer after freshman year of college (but two different projects/supervisors). Should I include/mention the internship in high school? Or only the one I did in college? Should I mention all research internships I've done in high school to show prolonged activity in that area (due to curiosity as a high school student and later in college) or is it quite irrelevant?

I am wondering because my stats aren't stellar, so I'm not aiming for the top research intensive schools and want to focus my application/PS more on clinical experience/primary care/service, but I have prolonged research experience (2 summers in high school, 1 summer at a biotech company in college, 2.5 yrs in college lab for basic research, and working as a research assistant/technician in a different university lab full time post-grad for 7 months now). For background, I don't have any publications or honors thesis.

I interned at a small biotech company the summer before senior year in high school, and then I interned there again the summer after freshman year of college (but two different projects/supervisors). Should I include/mention the internship in high school? Or only the one I did in college? Should I mention all research internships I've done in high school to show prolonged activity in that area (due to curiosity as a high school student and later in college) or is it quite irrelevant?

I am wondering because my stats aren't stellar, so I'm not aiming for the top research intensive schools and want to focus my application/PS more on clinical experience/primary care/service, but I have prolonged research experience (2 summers in high school, 1 summer at a biotech company in college, 2.5 yrs in college lab for basic research, and working as a research assistant/technician in a different university lab full time post-grad for 7 months now). For background, I don't have any publications or honors thesis.
If you were aiming for top research institutions, the HS experiences wouldn't be irrelevant, as you continued with research in college, and the older experience can help show your progression in responsibility and creative thinking.

However, as you feel you are more qualified for less-selective schools than those in the top-30, de-emphasizing research involvement in HS may act in your best interest, so as to support your avowed interest in primary care. You might either omit it, summarize it briefly in your PS as part of your "Why Medicine?", or add it as a side note to the description of the post-freshman year research activity.

As part of a similar strategy, you might condense your college research activities into fewer spaces, perhaps grouping the briefer experiences.

If I did a research project in South America for 5 weeks, do I list the total hours I was there (840 hours), or the amount of time I was working (maybe 10 hours a day so 350 hours)?

Quick question regarding a gap year activity. I will be participating in a semi-prestigious research fellowship program this summer from June-August and I am wondering if it is kosher to include it on my app? I technically will have completed only one week of the program when I submit my apps, but will be halfway through by the time apps are verified. It will give me great clinical/research exposure and may have some clout to admissions boards. Should I include it in work/activities or should I just plan on having it serve as an update later?
Let's look at strategic considerations:
There is no prohibition against including it, however, as it'll have barely started, you might focus more on the honor of being selected and the criteria that were used in the process, with a rough outline of what you might do with it. It is unlikely that this activity will make or break your application.

-If it is your only research activity, I would want you to include it, in order to demonstrate you'll have that base covered.

-If you are already very competitive for highly-selective research schools, it might be good to include to show you haven't slowed your trajectory in that area.

-But, if you already have a decent amount of research activity and aren't aiming for top schools, it might be most reasonable to save it as something fresh for Secondaries or update letters.

JMO.

deleted

Last edited:
Hi all,
I'm a non-trad and moved abroad after graduating from college. I spent 3 years away and feel this is one of the most important events in shaping my life. Any suggestions about entering this?
Just as with discussing the experience and impact of a college study abroad experience, I suggest using the Other category as a tag. The Name you give the slot will clue readers in on what it's about. If you need a lot of space, designate it as Most Meaningful to increase the allowed characters for description.

Can you add stuff to AMCAS primary after verification?

For example if I shadow a physician in July could I add the activity after verification, or would it be better to list the activity now as in planning to shadow the physician in July

For most meaningful experiences, what is the wisdom on the two boxes (Experience Summary/Description)? Is it recommended to be very brief in the first and the reflection stuff in the second? I was just going to have a sentence description in the first box. Don't want to talk their ear off with 2000 characters...
In general, the first area is meant for activity description, role, and maybe results, and there's no reason not to use it all if you need it. And no reason not to be succinct if you've said everything you want to. The MM area is meant for impact, reflection, and perhaps conclusions. In practice, there is no division between the two areas when it prints out (except for a note in the margin saying "Most Meaningful Experience Remarks," so you'd want to be sure the two meld together as if part of one essay. Also, sometimes the first area isn't large enough to fit all that must be said, and elements of the first part do ***cough***drift into the second on occasion***cough***, which to my mind is fine, except, again, there is that paragraph-like break that must be accommodated when you use up the characters, so one must plan breaks in the description carefully. It's a good idea to print it out from the Main Menu>>Print>>PDF file to be sure it looks right.

Can you add stuff to AMCAS primary after verification?

For example if I shadow a physician in July could I add the activity after verification, or would it be better to list the activity now as in planning to shadow the physician in July
You cannot add anything to the Activities section once you submit. You should not include any activity that you haven't begun (keeping in mind that you Certify the application on submission that everything included is true). Instead, save it for Secondaries and future update letters so you have something fresh to say.

I have two mega-activities and I am unsure how to categorize each of them:

1. Teaching: Several hundred hours of teaching. Definitely qualifies as "Teaching" and "Leadership" and "Non-clinical volunteering / community service", although it was about 80% volunteer and 20% paid employment. It is so clearly "Teaching" that I may just use that category. I do have another very solid "Leadership" activity (a club). Unfortunately, I have very little other "Non-clinical volunteering / community service". I hate to not list it as community service. But it was also 20% paid, which complicates that. Should I just call it "Teaching" and explain the other niches that it fills? I could also split this into two or even three activities, there are many valid ways to split it. For instance, I know exactly which date ranges and hours were paid vs. volunteer.

2. Work: I had a job which is definitely "Paid employment" and also definitely "Leadership". Should I call this "Paid employment" and then describe my leadership responsibilities?

How do you list AMCAS work activities end date (it has a star so you have to do it); for example for an activity, it is ongoing, but I don't know when I will stop. Should I just put may 2017 for all of my activities that are ongoing because that is when I will end college?

In general, the first area is meant for activity description, role, and maybe results, and there's no reason not to use it all if you need it. And no reason not to be succinct if you've said everything you want to. The MM area is meant for impact, reflection, and perhaps conclusions. In practice, there is no division between the two areas when it prints out (except for a note in the margin saying "Most Meaningful Experience Remarks," so you'd want to be sure the two meld together as if part of one essay. Also, sometimes the first area isn't large enough to fit all that must be said, and elements of the first part do ***cough***drift into the second on occasion***cough***, which to my mind is fine, except, again, there is that paragraph-like break that must be accommodated when you use up the characters, so one must plan breaks in the description carefully. It's a good idea to print it out from the Main Menu>>Print>>PDF file to be sure it looks right.

To go with this question...

I've decided to use bullet points for the majority of my work descriptions, because it was the best way for me to get under the character limit. For my most meaningful activities though, will it be okay to have the 700 character description in bullet point form, and then have the MM area in paragraph form? I don't know if it'll look to weird when ADCOMs read it this way.

I have two mega-activities and I am unsure how to categorize each of them:

1. Teaching: Several hundred hours of teaching. Definitely qualifies as "Teaching" and "Leadership" and "Non-clinical volunteering / community service", although it was about 80% volunteer and 20% paid employment. It is so clearly "Teaching" that I may just use that category. I do have another very solid "Leadership" activity (a club). Unfortunately, I have very little other "Non-clinical volunteering / community service". I hate to not list it as community service. But it was also 20% paid, which complicates that. Should I just call it "Teaching" and explain the other niches that it fills? I could also split this into two or even three activities, there are many valid ways to split it. For instance, I know exactly which date ranges and hours were paid vs. volunteer.

2. Work: I had a job which is definitely "Paid employment" and also definitely "Leadership". Should I call this "Paid employment" and then describe my leadership responsibilities?
1) There is no "One Right Way" to do this. You choices may be driven by a desire to cover as many categories as possible with your pull-down categories, and how much space you need to adequately describe them.

If you are short on space, Nonmedical Community Service trumps leadership and teaching, especially when you can make the leadership component clear with the Name you give the activity. Teaching can also be inserted into the Name. The unpaid vs paid transition can also be described in the narrative.

If you have lots of space, and each subcomponent can stand on its own hours-wise, you could just as well split the activity and the total hours into 2, 3, or 4 spots. Just don't double count the hours.

2) It depends. Can you give more detail about the paid role you had?

How do you list AMCAS work activities end date (it has a star so you have to do it); for example for an activity, it is ongoing, but I don't know when I will stop. Should I just put may 2017 for all of my activities that are ongoing because that is when I will end college?
The month of graduation is a reasonable end date. The latest date the program allows you to input is August 2017.

See my post #137 (page 3) for options on including future hours.

I've decided to use bullet points for the majority of my work descriptions, because it was the best way for me to get under the character limit. For my most meaningful activities though, will it be okay to have the 700 character description in bullet point form, and then have the MM area in paragraph form? I don't know if it'll look to weird when ADCOMs read it this way.
It's fine to mix the formats. It won't look "weird."

Review my cautionary notes above in post #287.

One of my contacts for my volunteering position at the hospital doesn't work there anymore. This was towards the beginning of freshman year so almost 6 years ago.

Who should I put down as the contact? I have a lot of hours here too (my first real volunteering gig) so I don't want to just not include it. Thanks.
The person who answers the phone at the volunteer office should be fine for confirming your dates and hours, as old files should be accessible to them. Alternatively, you could use an advisor, co-volunteer, staffer you got to know, or yourself, ideally using the most objective person possible.

So I have a couple different things I'm not sure how to categorize or if they should even go on my app...

I was interviewed a couple months ago and featured in a short video and article for my school's website. I talked about my undergrad experience, why I chose to go to the school and what my future plans are. In the video I also mention my top two med school choices because they align with my goals, but I'm afraid other schools would look down on this should they see it.
I also was recently asked to be a "commencement feature" when I graduate next week, which I think means they want to feature my story at graduation and share it with local media.

Are these things app worthy? If so, how should I categorize them? Thanks everyone.

I will be continuing as an EMT during my gap year and expect to do approximately 10 hours/week. This would come up to about 600 hours up until august 2017. Is it ok to estimate this many hours in my activities? Will it look like I am inflating my hours?

So I have a couple different things I'm not sure how to categorize or if they should even go on my app...

I was interviewed a couple months ago and featured in a short video and article for my school's website. I talked about my undergrad experience, why I chose to go to the school and what my future plans are. In the video I also mention my top two med school choices because they align with my goals, but I'm afraid other schools would look down on this should they see it.
I also was recently asked to be a "commencement feature" when I graduate next week, which I think means they want to feature my story at graduation and share it with local media.

Are these things app worthy? If so, how should I categorize them? Thanks everyone.
I would not list them. They add nothing to your application.

Reactions: 1 users
I will be continuing as an EMT during my gap year and expect to do approximately 10 hours/week. This would come up to about 600 hours up until august 2017. Is it ok to estimate this many hours in my activities? Will it look like I am inflating my hours?
Assuming you'll work until you matriculate at med school and take little vacation, that number of hours is fine, but be sure to distinguish between hours already completed and those yet to come. See post #137 on page 3 if you're not sure how to do that.

Is this what one would look for in listing of research experience (not most meaningful)

One study I worked on used a PET probe of reactive oxygen species to look at the induction of heart failure caused by Adriamycin (ADR), a cytotoxic chemotherapy drug. We sought to look for predictive markers of cardiotoxicity by looking at left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF). My duties included treatment of mice with ADR and analysis of PET images to determine LVEF.
A second study used MRI imaging of glutamate to study the affect of CB-839, a glutaminase inhibitor, on tumor metabolism using mouse models. My duties included treatment of mice and tumor extraction for protein analysis. Miscellaneous duties included culturing human cancer cells and assisting in PET and MRI imaging.

Is this what one would look for in listing of research experience (not most meaningful)

One study I worked on used a PET probe of reactive oxygen species to look at the induction of heart failure caused by Adriamycin (ADR), a cytotoxic chemotherapy drug. We sought to look for predictive markers of cardiotoxicity by looking at left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF). My duties included treatment of mice with ADR and analysis of PET images to determine LVEF.
A second study used MRI imaging of glutamate to study the affect of CB-839, a glutaminase inhibitor, on tumor metabolism using mouse models. My duties included treatment of mice and tumor extraction for protein analysis. Miscellaneous duties included culturing human cancer cells and assisting in PET and MRI imaging.
While the scope of this thread does not include proofreading, I will make some general comments about research entries for everyone's sake:

The ability to explain one's research in lay terms is desirable and the Research description is a good place to start. Keep your potential audience in mind. Everyone reading your application will not have an upper-level science background, eg administrators and non-science faculty. At the beginning, I would start with something more generally understandable (like your second sentence). After that, technical details are fine. Also, one should spell out all but the most universal of acronyms the first time they are used. Do you think the prof teaching Statistics will necessarily know what PET stands for? MRI, OTOH, is probably OK to use.

I understand that future activities are not allowed (ones that haven't begun yet), but what about activities that are about halfway? Currently I have been hired to be scribe and am filling out my paperwork and training and such. I won't begin scribing until about june or maybe even late june. Should I still list scribing?

Status
Not open for further replies.