Official August 2013 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RastaONELOVE

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Future MDs:

1. Is anyone using SNeD's schedule? If not, what will you be using?

2. When will you begin the process?

3. Grades for August won't be out until September and the application won't be verified until October. Any worries about this application being submitted too late?

4. Is there anyone who took the MCAT this late and was still accepted to top schools?

5. What are the best ways to shorten SNeD's schedule without severely compromising the outcomes?

6. Is there anyone interested in forming an interaction group that will help us get through this BEAST?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm hoping to do August 22 :D

I'll being doing SN2's schedule starting in about mid-May with a few extra breaks since I'll be working in the lab at the same time.

I'm Canadian, so the application timeline doesn't apply to me, only think I'm thankful for about the Ontario process.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to do August 22 :D

I'll being doing SN2's schedule starting in about mid-May with a few extra breaks since I'll be working in the lab at the same time.

I'm Canadian, so the application timeline doesn't apply to me, only think I'm thankful for about the Ontario process.

Good luck w/ everything. The lab shouldn't be too bad to accommodate while you are studying. I loved working in the lab; I wish that was where I worked still.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. I graduated eons ago, so it has been about 6 years since my science pre-reqs. I am using a combo of TBR and TPR hyperlearning (mostly TBR)

2. I started Jan 1st. I am working full time, so I needed to start asap in order not to burn out.

3. I finished my personal statement and already have my letters compiled, therefore I am ready to submit my app on June 1st . You should do the same, its the best advantage you can get with a later score... They will see your score the day its available and as long as the rest of your application is complete I think you will be OK

4. TRUTH. Strong application + good MCAT score + finishing secondaries ASAP = great chance. A good mcat score is better than a bad one at an earlier date, I promise you that much.

5. Spend less time on your strength, hone in on your weakness ( ie i am spending about 70 percent of my time on chem and physics, bio the rest and closer to the exam)

6. I will be on here periodically for support :)

Hello! Planning on taking the MCAT this coming August...

1) I will be using SNeD's schedule!

2) I am starting Friday. I have to drag it out over 4-5 months due to work, teaching, and other activities.

3) I am worried about a later submission, but I am more concerned about scoring well!

4) N/A

5) No idea - I am trying to lengthen it!

6) I am interested in forming an interaction group! Especially if it is specific to the content of the SNeD study schedule. I need some serious physics help.

Hey all! Anyone else here taking the MCAT on August 9th?

1. Absolutely! I already have all of the study books, and I'm going to do the 3-month plan, beginning May 9th!
2. I've already registered for the MCAT...if you haven't already, I suggest you hurry, because I almost didn't get a spot near my hometown!
3. This was definitely a concern for me, initially, but after quite a bit of research on this website and others, I rest assured that a higher MCAT score at a later date FAR outweighs a lower MCAT score at an earlier date! I guess we'll see...
4. I believe so...no one that I know personally, but I have heard stories like this...
5. I guess I would say: do more hours of studying each day and don't take any "break" days...this should sufficiently condense the study time, but you may "burn out" quickly.
6. Maybe...I don't know how we'd go about doing that...any ideas, anyone?

Hi everybody, I have an August 22nd exam date and I am starting my studying in the beginning of May. Does anybody have an iCal document that would be customizable or already customized for that MCAT test date approximately?
Thanks!

I am in for Aug. MCAT.

I am waiting for my paycheck to come in to sign up for the test.

Also I am a retaker from Jan. 24. I got a 8/8/8. My score was expected since my highest FL score was a 26.

Does anyone want to join Thinkbinder, it is like a Facebook but for studying, PM me?

No. PR matarial and if my funds are right I also getting a PR tutor.

I already begin I took the Jan MCAT and just needed a 2 month break to energize.

3. Grades for August won't be out until September and the application won't be verified until October. Any worries about this application being submitted too late?

No.

4. Is there anyone who took the MCAT this late and was still accepted to top schools?

I believe so.

5. What are the best ways to shorten SNeD's schedule without severely compromising the outcomes?

I do not know.

6. Is there anyone interested in forming an interaction group that will help us get through this BEAST?

Yes, I think we should start a ThinkBinder group.

Future MDs:

My own schedule. Not out of disrespect, but out of laziness. Easy to be overwhelmed during this test.

Today, April 1st 2013.

I won't be applying for a few years.

A girl I used to date scored a 40 taking the August MCAT. She now goes to Columbia Med.

I am not familiar with SNeD's schedule, but I believe it is a 3 mo.schedule. I have been out of school for 3 years, so I will give myself 4 months to prevent burnout.

Sure.

1. Yes
2. Starting 4/7/13
3. No
4. Sounds like it
5. I do not know. This is a second healthcare career for me, been out of school for 23 years but working full time and re-taking or taking prerequisites one class at a time for the past 3 years. Just quit work to take summer school one class/month - Physics I, Org Chem I, Org Chem II for May, June, July while also studying for MCAT.
6. Absolutely

Hi! I'll be taking the Aug. 2nd, MCAT.

I am taking a Princeton Review course amidst my own self-study. The course sounds pretty demanding as there are two 2.5 hour meetings daily not to mention the loads of homework they'll undoubtedly provide us.

Does anybody else have tips on how to integrate some self-study into an intense MCAT course schedule? I have about 10 days before the class starts, the class lasts about 35 days, and I have about 35 more days before the test date.

Thanks! and I'd love to get in an 'interaction group' to stay motivated.

One more day in May guys!. We are soon to be in June and that much closer to Judgement Day. I have immersed in the Sn2ed 3 month plan and I am on day 26 of the schedule. Must say its pretty intense and has me studying about 8 hours a day, not to mention slight make-up time from my summer partying, but it can be done. Keep at it and don't burn out guys.

- Luis D.