Official CBTs 4-7

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rocky316

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have got a question for all those who have purchased the CBTs online at e-mcat. I wrote the test in August and thus have already purchased the paper versions of 4R, 5R, 6R and 7R. Are the new CBTs corresponding to these numbers just amended tests to account for the new format or do they contain entirely new passages and questions??

Members don't see this ad.

The new shortened CBTs available by AAMC are content wise the same. Certain passages and questions have been taken out to reflect the new length and difficulty of the exam.

Practice of these later ones have been mentioned to be strong indicators on your test date performance. Results may vary, but are close indicators. Students studying for the MCAT can purchase these individually at $40.00 on www.e-mcat.com.

Best regards.

Did you know epinephrine, the hormone, is used to treat patients with life threatening allergy reactions? It acts in the lungs to dilate the vessels, to allow for more oxygen intake. Patients suffering from allergy reactions have constricted blood vessels in their alveoli, due to shortness of breath. Epinephrine acts on Beta-adrenergic receptors. Once the receptor receives the signal (hormone) it is (the cell) functioning under mode "fight-or flight" response.

so are the materials different?

No, ma'am.

Just shortened. I would recommend to those reading this forum, as AAMC has offered this suggestion, to purchase these rather than using the old format. This will allow you to allocate time according to the new changes and provide a more authentic test experience.

Basically, when we go to the doctor's office, as a patient, we want the test that will be performed on us to be the more accurate and better indicator. AAMC also has a program called FAP which assists those who may not be able to purchase all of them due to financial reasons. I would encourage, if the case be, to visit the aamc.org website and find information to see if you can apply.

Just to warn, if you have already purchased an MCAT seat for a test date, and will wish to apply, you will not be able to. The FAP will take time to verify you tax information.

Best regards.