Official CHF Application Thread 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boyz of 4d

Proud Member of 4d
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys. Just trying to arrange an official CHF application thread so we know who is interviewing and who is filled. Fill in with what you know. Good luck to all.

Interviews:
Tufts

Rejects:
Pitt (Internally Filled)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Really still no one?

Updated:

Filled
1. Tufts (lost external funding)
2. MGH (internally Filled)
3. University of Pittsburgh (internally filled)

Members don't see this ad :)
All the attendings I speak to at my fellowship say heart failure is the next big thing in cardiology. They all feel that the job market will be best in heart failure as well. Furthermore, the numbers I have seen thrown around in rather saturated areas for physicians to run VAD programs have been pretty high (350+).

Anyone know if there is truth to this?

All the attendings I speak to at my fellowship say heart failure is the next big thing in cardiology. They all feel that the job market will be best in heart failure as well. Furthermore, the numbers I have seen thrown around in rather saturated areas for physicians to run VAD programs have been pretty high (350+).

Anyone know if there is truth to this?

This is true - there are a large number of job opportunities in heart failure, with excellent compensation, and relatively few qualified applicants. Being heart failure boarded is a hot commodity nowadays.

p diddy

Really still no one?

Updated:

Filled
1. Tufts (lost external funding)
2. MGH (internally Filled)
3. University of Pittsburgh (internally filled)

When are programs interviewing? Is it Jan to Mar?

p diddy

This is true - there are a large number of job opportunities in heart failure, with excellent compensation, and relatively few qualified applicants. Being heart failure boarded is a hot commodity nowadays.

p diddy

Right now theres no board certifying exam correct? I still want to do interventional but the temptation of HF and its good job market is toying with my mind.

Last edited:
Right now theres no board certifying exam correct? I still much do interventional but the temptation of HF and its good job market is toying with my mind.

Incorrect, the first board certification exam for HF was in 2010. You could do interventional HF (PVAD, etc - see U Pitt program).

p diddy

Incorrect, the first board certification exam for HF was in 2010. You could do interventional HF (PVAD, etc - see U Pitt program).

p diddy

I looked at U Pitt's website and didn't see much. I googled it and didn't get to much beside structural heart disease fellowships.

I looked at U Pitt's website and didn't see much. I googled it and didn't get to much beside structural heart disease fellowships.

Their website sucks. You'll have to ask someone there, or who trained there.

p diddy

Anyone hear about an interview from upenn or Columbia?

Also has Stanford given out acceptances?

I know there have to be some sdn users applying for chf...