Official Countdown Thread........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gujuDoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not that I took the MCAT or anything, this past August, but just because I feel like you all should have a thread like the one Crazy Cav had for us in April..........

Here it is, your official Countdown thread...................

As of now, you have 54 days, 3 hours, and 1 minute left til score release..........

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D: :D :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

U no!!! Some less hours than exact 52 days!!! :cool: :D

gujuDoc said:
Not that I took the MCAT or anything, this past August, but just because I feel like you all should have a thread like the one Crazy Cav had for us in April..........

As of now, you have 54 days, 3 hours, and 1 minute left til score release..........

Thanks! I took the MCAT in August of this year, and I didn't realize that it was only 54 days more... Boy, that's a long time from now! I'll be happy when it's 10 or 5! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
gujuDoc said:
52. See I think someone quoted an old post. But it is 52 days. :D

How do you know the exact date, guju? Or is the countdown just until 60 days after August 20th? I think in April the scores were not released exactly 60 days after?

Not trying to call you out, just wondering where you are getting the "official info" :p

gujuDoc said:
52. See I think someone quoted an old post. But it is 52 days. :D

First I just want to say thanks to gujuDoc for keeping up this forum.

Next, I noticed you guys were talking about dreams you were having during the MCAT...it made me feel a LOT better to hear someone else say that cuz I kept having these weird dreams waiting for August 20th and I thought I was a freak.

I remember very clearly the dream I had the night before the test...I dreamed that I was in the actual MCAT, taking the test, and I was reading the passages on the physical science section (that happens to be the section I fear the most) and I was so excited because I actually KNEW the answers to these questions...and I was bubbling like mad...but for some reason, and here's the freaky part but I swear I'm not making this up...when I bubbled an answer, say like "B," and went on with the next question, when I returned to my bubble sheet, no matter what I bubbled before, the bubble that was filled in was "D." I was on question 54 and I remember looking down my bubble sheet to nothing but "D's" all the way down...no matter how hard I tried to bubble something else...when I looked away and returned back to my answer sheet...it always ended up D. It was the WEIRDEST dream I have ever had....except for that one dream involving sheep and some Dutch farm girl in wooden shoes...but THATS another story...

I remember waking up thinking..."what the crap?!" The dream was just so vivid!

I'm not a psychologist...but I wonder what that meant?

Anyway, nobody has to comment...I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents and say thanks...and I'm hanging in with ya to get my test scores back! Good luck to everyone!

I'm also interested to see if gujuDoc makes it all the way with us...hmmmm...keeping a running post for the next two months definately takes a lot of stamina.... ;)

this thread can't possibly be good for your sanity...if i were u guys, i'd have jumped off a cliff already. :(

the mcat is over. what is done is done.

DON'T THINK ABOUT IT ANYMORE. STOP IT. JUST STOP IT...*slaps readers*...

until you get your scores back, go enjoy some ice cream, the delicious taste, the way it can give you a brainfreeze, or the way it melts in your ice cream cones...whatever...just stay away from the mcat at least until you get your scores back...silly sdners :rolleyes: ...

it. said:
this thread can't possibly be good for your sanity...if i were u guys, i'd have jumped off a cliff already. :(

the mcat is over. what is done is done.

DON'T THINK ABOUT IT ANYMORE. STOP IT. JUST STOP IT...*slaps readers*...

until you get your scores back, go enjoy some ice cream, the delicious taste, the way it can give you a brainfreeze, or the way it melts in your ice cream cones...whatever...just stay away from the mcat at least until you get your scores back...silly sdners :rolleyes: ...

You know what for US this is the icecream the delicious tasty one, the way it can give us a brainfreeze, or the way it melts in our ice cream cones.. blah....!!! and we are enjoying every slurps of it, counting down to the day of the MCAT scores arrive... If you don't want to, it's fine.. no force!!! I guess everyone has different flavor of ice cream choices...

mustangsally65 said:
How do you know the exact date, guju? Or is the countdown just until 60 days after August 20th? I think in April the scores were not released exactly 60 days after?

Not trying to call you out, just wondering where you are getting the "official info" :p

No I'm just counting down, 60 days from the 20th of August. It might be a night or two earlier though. you never know. Last year, the MCAT was on the 14th of August, but they came out with scores on the 12th of October. For us, however, we had 2 weeks less of waiting, because we didn't even get to take the MCAT until 2 weeks after everyone else, since we had the hurricane hit us the weekend of the MCAT.

JustR said:

You know what for US this is the icecream the delicious tasty one, the way it can give us a brainfreeze, or the way it melts in our ice cream cones.. blah....!!! and we are enjoying every slurps of it, counting down to the day of the MCAT scores arrive... If you don't want to, it's fine.. no force!!! I guess everyone has different flavor of ice cream choices...

...i guess i just have better taste in ice cream :p

well, anyway, good luck everybody. do what you will, but just make sure you don't go crazy, ok?

JustR said:

Well said. Actually it. while I normally agree with you, you gotta realize that it is something that is easier said then done.

It is a lot easier to tell someone not to think about it, but when you have sooooo much invested in this test, it makes it hard to not think about it. I set this thread up, because when I took the April MCAT, it was a thread like this that IS what KEPT ME SANE. It kept me sane, because it reminded me that everyone here is NOT ALONE!!

That reminder, helped me to get through some tough waiting periods. It helps to be able to talk to others when you wake up in the morning with a nightmare about your scores, because you see that you are not alone.

I forged many friendships with people in April, when I took it, because of the thread like this that Crazy_Cav made. :)

Disclaimer: Caps = emphasis not yelling.

gujuDoc said:
Well said. Actually it. while I normally agree with you, you gotta realize that it is something that is easier said then done.

It is a lot easier to tell someone not to think about it, but when you have sooooo much invested in this test, it makes it hard to not think about it. I set this thread up, because when I took the April MCAT, it was a thread like this that IS what KEPT ME SANE. It kept me sane, because it reminded me that everyone here is NOT ALONE!!

That reminder, helped me to get through some tough waiting periods. It helps to be able to talk to others when you wake up in the morning with a nightmare about your scores, because you see that you are not alone.

I forged many friendships with people in April, when I took it, because of the thread like this that Crazy_Cav made. :)

Disclaimer: Caps = emphasis not yelling.

hmm, alrighty then...but i gotta tell you guys, my ice cream last august...like an herbal essences commercial (except i'm a guy...which isn't to imply i'm gay, but i'm just sayin)...mmmmm...ORGASMIC! :p

it. said:
hmm, alrighty then...but i gotta tell you guys, my ice cream last august...like an herbal essences commercial (except i'm a guy...which isn't to imply i'm gay, but i'm just sayin)...mmmmm...ORGASMIC! :p

LMAO :D :D

So what your favorite ice cream flavor?? You sparked me to ask that question to everyone in the random peripherally related MCAT thread that Arsenic posted.

Mine is mint chocolate chip mixed with butter pecan......mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmm good!!!!!! I love those places like Marble Slab or Cold stones or Maggie Moos. :p

Or the other place I like is Kilwin Creameries which are around different places in the south.

Ok, so I just went totally off topic, but to the rest of you.......

In one hour and 39 minutes, you will have 51 days left. :D :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
gujuDoc said:

So what your favorite ice cream flavor?? You sparked me to ask that question to everyone in the random peripherally related MCAT thread that Arsenic posted.

Mine is mint chocolate chip mixed with butter pecan......mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmm good!!!!!! I love those places like Marble Slab or Cold stones or Maggie Moos. :p

Or the other place I like is Kilwin Creameries which are around different places in the south.

you always seem so perky and excited in your posts, i wonder if you're really like this in real life :laugh:

Arsenic810 said:
you always seem so perky and excited in your posts, i wonder if you're really like this in real life :laugh:

I answered this question in the Random MCAT thread..... Go check it out when you get a chance. I can't help it this board brings out a perky side in me. It just seems that there are sooooooooooooo many funny people on here that just make me LMAO all the time. I don't think I know this many people in real life. A few, but not many.

gujuDoc said:
I answered this question in the Random MCAT thread..... Go check it out when you get a chance. I can't help it this board brings out a perky side in me. It just seems that there are sooooooooooooo many funny people on here that just make me LMAO all the time. I don't think I know this many people in real life. A few, but not many.

I think if I met you in real life it would be the way it is between me and Diesel. From the first time I met her in person I felt like we we're good friends. :)

ok maybe im just a freak but does this happen to anyone else...

Im just sittin around thinking of all the possible scores that I can get and then all of a sudden im like oh CRAP I didnt get any verbal questions right and think I got a zero....

one of my "possible scores" was a 13 1 14 lol....

gujuDoc said:

hmm, i don't know if i have one favorite
cookies n' cream or rocky road is always good...

gozeemer said:
ok maybe im just a freak but does this happen to anyone else...

Im just sittin around thinking of all the possible scores that I can get and then all of a sudden im like oh CRAP I didnt get any verbal questions right and think I got a zero....

one of my "possible scores" was a 13 1 14 lol....

i'm guessing that you are indeed a freak, and as such, i will now proceed to laugh at you...ahem... :laugh:

j/k...well, not really...anyway, i think the lowest possible score on any given section is a 3 ;)

it. said:
i'm guessing that you are, indeed, a freak, and as such, i will now proceed to laugh at you...ahem... :laugh:

j/k...well, not really...anyway, i think the lowest possible score on any given section is a 3 ;)

hell yeah!! that means a 13 3 14 gives me a 30 lol

gozeemer said:

You guys now have 51 days remaining. Oh and I'm sure you got higher then a 3 on the Verbal.

But actually, I knew a person who had a 2 in one of her sections. She did not even make it into the double digits on her overall score, and then tried to lie and say she got like 15 pts higher then she really did.

gozeemer said:
OOOoooo !! I was thinking the same thing to reach to 30

Hey guys,
Do you ever have bad dreams of misbubbling the scantron? I've been having these bad thoughts that are tormenting me!!

If I got a sub-10 i think I would lie myself. I guess it would be pseudo-therapeutic hehe. Oh my god, I have flashes every second where Im thinking oh crap did bubble in the right order? did I miss one and mess up the entire order??? AHHH!!! lets not talk about this!!! WE BUBBLED FINE AND WE WILL GET A 30!!!! sorry see I spazzed again lol

deacon said:
Hey guys,
Do you ever have bad dreams of misbubbling the scantron? I've been having these bad thoughts that are tormenting me!!

I have almost done that on my practice exams couples of time -- Mis-bubbling... But I am sure I was ready for not to mis-bubble by the real MCAT

gujuDoc said:

50 more days about! ;)

JustR said:

1. What was the main idea of this passage?

A. Ice cream is tasty.
B. Counting down numbers is way fun.
C. One doesn't have to count down if one does not wish to.
D. $%*&$(%&$*@%@*#$%&#*!!!!!!!!!!!

deacon said:
Hey guys,

Me too! During my practice tests I never made a disasterous mistake (frame-shift misbubble :) ), just a missense misbubble every now and then.

Scewby Doo 1973 said:
1. What was the main idea of this passage?

A. Ice cream is tasty.
B. Counting down numbers is way fun.
C. One doesn't have to count down if one does not wish to.
D. $%*&$(%&$*@%@*#$%&#*!!!!!!!!!!!

You forgot to inclue E. All of the above.except that D is not that much true... how about replacing D with ALL of the Above., :D :D :D

deacon said:
Hey guys,

no, but last night i sware i dreamt that i was yelling at the person who designed the PS section of the test....i was really very critical and rude, and i think i hurt the dream entity's feelings.

gujuDoc said:
Sooooooooooo guesssssssssss what peepz?????????? 50 days left to go.

We should have a part every week to celebrate a countdown, and have my funeral when the scores come out hehe

gozeemer said:
We should have a part every week to celebrate a countdown, and have my funeral when the scores come out hehe

:D :D :D

Funeral of what?!!!??
Funeral of counting down??
Funeral of the Mcat scores??

JustR said:
:D :D :D

Funeral of what?!!!??
Funeral of counting down??
Funeral of the Mcat scores??

Gozeemer was just kidding about that, but he was saying funeral for himself after he dies due to a bad MCAT score.

Of course, now, Gozemmer does not know his score yet cuz 50 days and 8 hours still remain til the scores come out. So Gozeemer ........Hang in there!!!!!!

gujuDoc said:
Gozeemer was just kidding about that, but he was saying funeral for himself after he dies due to a bad MCAT score.

Of course, now, Gozemmer does not know his score yet cuz 50 days and 8 hours still remain til the scores come out. So Gozeemer ........Hang in there!!!!!!

Oh!!!! I did not know... I did not know... I did not know Gozeemer was hanging on a rope??!!! Oh!! Then we must go and get him down!!!!

Just kidding as usual with no inadvertent thoughts!!!

So 50 days and some hours left then???

JustR said:
Just kidding as usual with no inadvertent thoughts!!!

So 50 days and some hours left then???

i called up amcas and they said its more like 67 days. HAHA. (just kidding)

*nerd humor*

Scewby Doo 1973 said:

That's just cruel! :)

Scewby Doo 1973 said:

*nerd humor*

Paper versions come in the snail mail like 5 days later, so back to 60 if we talking paper copies. ;)

However...........most will choose to look online cuz that's the easier way.......:)

im hangin in there hehe, but that rope is gettin smaller and smaller by the hour...i can sense the ever so perfect mcat super scanning machine 8000X making a mistake on my scantron and giving me the 9 (total score) of my nightmares!!! Damn it, I took the MCAT 3 years ago, and now I have to go through this again!!!

So who wants to join me....Seinfeld, Oreos, Oberweis..then a long run to burn the oreos hehe...if you are game let me know:)

gozeemer said:
im hangin in there hehe, but that rope is gettin smaller and smaller by the hour...i can sense the ever so perfect mcat super scanning machine 8000X making a mistake on my scantron and giving me the 9 (total score) of my nightmares!!! Damn it, I took the MCAT 3 years ago, and now I have to go through this again!!!

So who wants to join me....Seinfeld, Oreos, Oberweis..then a long run to burn the oreos hehe...if you are game let me know:)

It must suck to have to retake it just because of an expired score, but I'm sure you did well. Who knows, maybe that 9, in the number of points your score increased since the last time you took it. You know, sorta like increasing the number of years since the last time you took it exponentially by the number of total times you've taken it. Ok, now I'm just being nerdy beyond belief. Its my sad attempt at humor. :laugh: :laugh: ;) ;)

gujuDoc said:
I think we are down to 49 days remaining, judging from my last post.

Have you started judging your own post by now?? :D :D 49 days remaining??? :( :(

Scewby Doo 1973 said:

*nerd humor*

DrJen said:
That's just cruel! :)

I thought it was a nerd humor?!?!! Am I the only one thinks that?

gozeemer said:

:D :laugh: I joined you in the game!!! So what do you think?? :smuggrin:

gujuDoc said:
It must suck to have to retake it just because of an expired score, but I'm sure you did well. Who knows, maybe that 9, in the number of points your score increased since the last time you took it. You know, sorta like increasing the number of years since the last time you took it exponentially by the number of total times you've taken it. Ok, now I'm just being nerdy beyond belief. Its my sad attempt at humor. :laugh: :laugh: ;) ;)

Haha yeah taking it after three years is a pain in the butt. Some schools are cool with an old score but some are like well with your new experience we would like to see a new score :( Oh well, I hope that maturity and much more schooling let me move up a few :)~~

Gujudoc, they need to make you a mod, I see all over this place!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.