Official "I Reapplied and Now I'm Accepted" Thread 2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2tall

1K Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Although I don't have any acceptances, I thought it would be cool to recognize those reapplicants who do.

Name the school. The number of times you applied. Express whatever you like...you're going to be a doctor!

Hopefully, I'll have something to say Feb 1st. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

2tall said:
Although I don't have any acceptances, I thought it would be cool to recognize those reapplicants who do.

Name the school. The number of times you applied. Express whatever you like...you're going to be a doctor!

I am a reapplicant with 2 acceptances so far! Brought MCAT up from 26 to 33. Have been accepted at Wayne, and Louisville; waiting to hear from Arizona; and interviewing at Georgetown in a couple weeks! I hope this gives reassurance to those applicants that are contemplating whether or not to reapply.

sweetness. this is my second time applying and I got into louisville. woo hoo. to people in this section, don't give up. because it's not a question of if, but rather when.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's my second time applying. Brought my MCAT up from 28 to 32 this past August and got into NJMS. After all of last year's waitlist's it's a welcome relief.

Application number THREE (2nd time was just stupid). Took a post-bac at BU and currently have an acceptance there :)

2nd time applicant, with a full year separating the two application cycles. I spent my off-year working full-time in a molecular biology lab, taking a few graduate biology classes, and volunteering in an emergency dept.

Managed to receive three acceptances this cycle (MCW, Univ of MN, and Univ of Mn-Duluth). Huge relief after having spent an entire summer on the Univ of MN waitlist during my first try (got to #2 on their numbered waitlist by the time orientation rolled along
:rolleyes: )

:thumbup: for reapplicants. True believers, all.

Nice idea, this thread!

This is my second year applying, I got accepted into Michigan State University and then I stopped going to interviews. I have a 28 MCAT and 3.5.

Good luck to all those who are still waiting! :luck: :luck:

Hey, there's hope everyone! 2nd time applicant w/ 2 acceptances- Albany Med and another I declined. Pulled out of a miserable 3.1 undergrad (2.9 science) with the BU MA program- it works! And Cammy, do I know you? I think we're the same year at BU. Still waiting on a decision from them.

First time I applied, only got 1 interview, and obviously it didn't work out. It CAN be done!

Count me in...this is my 2nd time applying, except I really didn't change much on my application except working longer at my research job and a few other random volunteer activities not related to medicine. I had already graduated when I applied, so the gpa and the MCAT remain the same. I also applied way earlier than I did last year. I've been accepted to 1 school, waiting to hear from another, withdrew from a waitlist, and going to another interview...so there's definitely hope for everyone! :luck:

Prospective applicants should learn from this thread. I know too many applicants who have problems getting off the fastrack. They need to understand that it is ok to take years off if their first attempt at medical school admission is unsucessful. Too many fastrackers go into Carribean schools, other programs, etc without giving themselves another chance.

I applied two years ago to 20 schools, received 1 interview, and 0 acceptance. I had a 3.8gpa and a 26mcat. At the time, I seriously considered going out of country or giving up medicine. I also considered applying the very next cycle, and doing so without significantly improvements on my application.

At the end, I took two years off. I spent a year studying for the mcat and ended up with a 33. I gained more research experience and published a paper. I gained more clinical experience. This cycle, I received 12 interview invitations, 1 acceptance (so far).

Bottom line, re-apply when you're ready. It may take you a year to be ready, it may take you five years. Your route to medicine is not a sprint, but a maraton.

Application #2. First round, I was waitlisted at 2 schools out of 2 interviews. Just accepted at one of the schools (Stony Brook) out of 4 interviews this cycle. I re-took the MCAT in August and went from a 26 to 32, which is I guess what made the difference in getting more interviews.

Good luck to everyone, and keep the faith!! :thumbup:

It's really amazing that in an instant one can go from a premed reapplicant (eager, anxious, focused, determined, afraid, tired) to a MS-0 (carefree).

I first applied for the entering class 2003. At that time, I was really naive about the whole process. Science GPA...decent MCAT...clinical experience - these were foreign to me. I had applied to Hopkins and Harvard along with some others simply because that had sent information in the mail. As unrealistic as I might have been...I took a leap of faith (heavy emphasis on the leap). I did apply to my state school and other less "prestigious" schools as well (I wasn't that crazy).

When the rejections first came I was disappointed yet hopeful. As the critical months passed (March and April) I had not received interviewed, I still believed there was hope. I opened my final thin envelope on May 1, 2003. I was devastated, angry, and a little depressed. Why me? Or I guess in this case...Why NOT me? I try to hold on to God's timing. My dream of going to medical school was delayed not denied. I went to bed unsure.

The next day I woke up optimistic. I don't want to take that for granted. There are many people who don't wake up and feel everything's going to work out...be better...or even be okay. I eventually began to look at my medical career as starting today and not with medical school. This class I took today. That volunteering I do today.

That June I met with one of the assistant deans at one of the schools I applied to. He asked me what had changed since my application. The only thing that had was my volunteering. He said my MCAT was fine (I didn't believe him...still don't). My undergrad science GPA was very low. He suggested a Master's program (But I was set on starting now. How could I apply for and get into a Master's program now...GRE...prereqs...I hated my previous research experience). I told him grad school wasn't for me. He, too, wasn't very fond of research and understood my concerns. He said that I could instead do 32-40 hours of upper level science coursework. I tried to hold in my chuckle (Did this mofo just say 32-40 hours?).

I enrolled that fall.

So what changed in two years. I've taken 27 hours worth of courses. Retook the April '04 MCAT (boosted BS and WS...VR and PS stayed the same). I am involved in various volunteer organizations with leadership positions in most of 'em.

I can honestly say reapplying will make me a better doctor. This fact has nothing to do with the classes I took or my MCAT score. My volunteer experiences will definitely stay with me for the rest of my life. THE MOST IMPORTANT lesson I received from the gift of reapplication (I can call it a gift now that I have an acceptance) is a relentless attitude. I wasn't afraid of the process. This was hard work and I am definitely a better man for it.

For all of those who feel like giving up...DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE PROCESS. DON'T LET THE ODDS INTIMIDATE YOU.

This year I completed apps at 10 schools (4 pre-interview rejections, 1 pending). To date, I've gone on 5 interviews (2 waitlists, 1 alternate list, 1 rejection, and 1 ACCEPTANCE).

Thank you Texas Tech University Health Science Center School of Medicine!

Members don't see this ad :)
Third time reapplicant, out of school for 5 years. First-time applicant for MD/PhD programs.I got my first acceptance a few days ago and I still have 4 more interviews to attend.

Advice: Be realistic about which school to apply to, do concrete things to improve your applications, be sincere and thoughtful when writiing PS and essays, be cheerful in interviews.

Remember Galaxy Quest: Never give up! Never surrender!

-X

2tall said:

2tall said:
It's really amazing that in an instant one can go from a premed reapplicant (eager, anxious, focused, determined, afraid, tired) to a MS-0 (carefree).

I first applied for the entering class 2003. At that time, I was really naive about the whole process. Science GPA...decent MCAT...clinical experience - these were foreign to me. I had applied to Hopkins and Harvard along with some others simply because that had sent information in the mail. As unrealistic as I might have been...I took a leap of faith (heavy emphasis on the leap). I did apply to my state school and other less "prestigious" schools as well (I wasn't that crazy).

When the rejections first came I was disappointed yet hopeful. As the critical months passed (March and April) I had not received interviewed, I still believed there was hope. I opened my final thin envelope on May 1, 2003. I was devastated, angry, and a little depressed. Why me? Or I guess in this case...Why NOT me? I try to hold on to God's timing. My dream of going to medical school was delayed not denied. I went to bed unsure.

The next day I woke up optimistic. I don't want to take that for granted. There are many people who don't wake up and feel everything's going to work out...be better...or even be okay. I eventually began to look at my medical career as starting today and not with medical school. This class I took today. That volunteering I do today.

That June I met with one of the assistant deans at one of the schools I applied to. He asked me what had changed since my application. The only thing that had was my volunteering. He said my MCAT was fine (I didn't believe him...still don't). My undergrad science GPA was very low. He suggested a Master's program (But I was set on starting now. How could I apply for and get into a Master's program now...GRE...prereqs...I hated my previous research experience). I told him grad school wasn't for me. He, too, wasn't very fond of research and understood my concerns. He said that I could instead do 32-40 hours of upper level science coursework. I tried to hold in my chuckle (Did this mofo just say 32-40 hours?).

I enrolled that fall.

So what changed in two years. I've taken 27 hours worth of courses. Retook the April '04 MCAT (boosted BS and WS...VR and PS stayed the same). I am involved in various volunteer organizations with leadership positions in most of 'em.

I can honestly say reapplying will make me a better doctor. This fact has nothing to do with the classes I took or my MCAT score. My volunteer experiences will definitely stay with me for the rest of my life. THE MOST IMPORTANT lesson I received from the gift of reapplication (I can call it a gift now that I have an acceptance) is a relentless attitude. I wasn't afraid of the process. This was hard work and I am definitely a better man for it.

For all of those who feel like giving up...DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE PROCESS. DON'T LET THE ODDS INTIMIDATE YOU.

This year I completed apps at 10 schools (4 pre-interview rejections, 1 pending). To date, I've gone on 5 interviews (2 waitlists, 1 alternate list, 1 rejection, and 1 ACCEPTANCE).

This post deserves a HOLLA~!!!

2tall that last post was inspiring. i have yet to receive any acceptances this tiem, but have had 8 interviews, i wait list and the rest pending, but that post summed up exactly the way i feel about thigns. i agree that not getting in was a gift as well(as long as i get in this time). right on bro. good luck next year, though i am sure you will not need it.

2tall you are a great man and should consider writing inspirational speeches for Pre-meds to make some extra cash on the side during med school :D .

But seriously you essentially summed up the maturing process that occurs when you get rejected and persevere to overcome the adversity you are faced with.

This was my second application cycle. I was interviewed at 2 places last year and obiously we all know the outcomes of those waitlists.

I continued my research project this past year and retook the MCAT in August (raised it from a 26 to a 33 with my highest section [VR] this time being my lowest last time). I recieved 7 interviews, withdrew from 2, rejected by 1, Still haven't heard back from 2, 2 ACCEPTANCES (one being to a dream school of mine [MSSM]). (Odly enough my Alma Matter, which interviewed me last year didn't show me any love, darn UF)

So to all of you who don't get in this time, if you truely want to become a physician, like I and many of the others posting on this thread, use that passion and determination to motivate your actions this next year and make your application a steller one.

Good Luck to all :luck:

2tall said:

How true.

I think I talked to the same guy, did the 40 hrs and got in.

Congrats 2tall and others!!!

3rd time applicant.

2.6 UG GPA graduating in 2001. Finished a Masters last year w/ 3.7-ish.

I only applied to the two LSU schools and all of TX. Accepted at LSU-S in November and LSU-NO in February.

I am essentially no different than I was last year (29S, 3.7 grad) and am convinced there is not necessarily any rhyme or reason to the process. Sometimes they just want to see if you'll give up...so don't.

4 yrs after graduating w/ a 2.6 (had to finish strong to get that!) I'll be enrolling in medical school. I can't say with any certainty I wouldn't just go to the Caribbean had I to do over again...but I'm ecstatic now.

Good luck all!

a lot of the schools look at re-applicants separately. so it's good to show interest. they love it! gluck all

This is my third year applying to med schools. Up until this year, I had never had a single interview. This year I now have three with a few more hopefully coming. I just got in to Rosalind Franklin University today. I'm living proof that you should keep trying. There is hope for us all!

Just wanted to congratulate everyone! :clap: You guys are my heroes!! :thumbup:

I still don't have anything to add to this thread. But, maybe it will come. Hum.. Let me rephrase that: it will come! :D <corssing fingers anxiously>

*****Update 2/5/2005****

I've been accepted to the University of Texas at San Antonio for this fall's upcoming class! It's literally a dream come true. Monday night was the happiest night of my life and I've been on cloud nine ever since.

Do NOT give up.

Do NOT lose hope.

Go for your dream and you can make it a reality!
MD Applicants page

My story:

So it all started (as all good stories must) on a dark and stormy night many, many moons ago - 1996. I was a freshman in college following a five-year stint in the Marines. I knew that I wanted to be a physician, and in typical gung-ho Marine style I had jumped feet first into pre-med coursework. I did okay my first semester, getting four A's and a B. But there were two big problems: the school's pre-med office and the feeling that I was older, out of step with the young gunners straight out of high school.

My pre-med advisory office told me that medical schools wouldn't take someone with a B on their record. That they didn't like older, non-traditional applicants , and that I might as well just forget about it. :eek: Seriously! They said this! It felt like running into a brick wall....and as for feeling out of place, well, I had a difficult time relating to kids barely old enough to vote.

Anyway, long story short: the next three semesters were relatively bad for various reasons, but I managed to drastically improve by graduation. I scored decently on the MCAT. However, despite this, my applications to various programs produced nothing. Not even interviews. Very depressing. Who likes to fail?

After talking with several Deans of Admission I determined that I'd need to do a lot of postbacc work to get myself into medical school. It was a difficult time, because I really doubted whether I'd ever be able to acheive my dreams. I'd never failed before and this was hard to take.

In any event, I did very well in a post-bacc year. I then decided to face reality: if I never made it into med school, what would I do with myself? I didn't figure that I could just do endless postbacc coursework, and besides: I had taken sooo many undergrad science courses that there just wasn't much left. Which lead to my enrollemnt in a MS program in genetics.

Which has turned out wonderfully. I have really come to love doing research, and more importantly I have learned how to read/absorb/excel with really difficult material. I have learned how to effectively learn large volumes of new, often difficult material. Most of all, though, the experience has given me the confidence that although difficult, medical school is completely possible.

I suppose that this confidence has infused everything I've done in the last few years. I re-took the MCAT this past April. I did well because I believed in myself. I'm due to have two first-author publications in good journals, and I even managed to get accepted off a waitlist for Fall 2005 ( crazy story!).

Acceptance in hand, I'm looking to see if any TX or AMCAS schools are going to show me love. It's been a long, hard journey but here I am. It still hasn't really occurred to me that I've already acheived one of my major life goals......yet every so often I look at the doctors around me and think: "Yep, that'll be me in a few short years."

I applied last year and had 4 interviews and no acceptances. This year, I've had 10 allo interviews and 2 osteo interviews with 1 allo acceptance and 2 osteo acceptances so far.

It is so great to have all the hard work pay off! It was for me and I am sure for many the first time really failing at anything. This is my 2nd time applying and I am in ETSU Quillen COM and still waiting to hear finial news from 3 other schools. Luck to all! :luck:

Congratulations everyone,

This was my second time applying, and I just got my first acceptance this week. I think only a reapplicant really knows the level of excitement a thick envelope in the mail can elicit. After a year and a half of opening letters starting, "We regret to inform you...," I couldn't believe it. What's best, I get to stay in California. Go Trojans! (As a third generation Cal Bear, I never thought I would utter those two words)

To those of you thinking of reapplying next year, use this experience to motivate you and solidify your goal of becoming a doctor. When I didn't get in last year, I set out on a mission to get in. I looked at the weak points in my application (my grades and MCAT were fine, so I really concentrated on research and volunteering) and dedicated myself. I would really recommend volunteering with the medically underserved, as it has the added benefit of being extremely rewarding. These experiences helped show me that being a doctor was the only profession I saw myself in.

Also, knowing people in medical school, I see that many of them hardly see the light of day, so I have looked at my experience over the last year as an opportunity to have some fun and enjoy my time off. Take this time to travel and see the world, medical textbooks can wait.

Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard yet

ElleM said:
I am a reapplicant with 2 acceptances so far! Brought MCAT up from 26 to 33. Have been accepted at Wayne, and Louisville; waiting to hear from Arizona; and interviewing at Georgetown in a couple weeks! I hope this gives reassurance to those applicants that are contemplating whether or not to reapply.

may I ask what your gpa was?
I didn't get accepted anywhere this year, just on a couple of waiting lists.
Thanks

Congrats everyone!

This is my 2nd time applying.

Brought my MCAT up from a 25 to a 31. I applied late due to August MCAT so I didn't get as much selection for interviews as I'd hoped. I spent the "year off" managing the business side of a medical clinic and volunteering in the marketing/business development department of a hospital. Moved out to Southern California for work. Let me tell you that a year off is EXACTLY what you need. I can't imagine having actually gotten in the first time around now. I've partied a ton this year, met a lot of new people, and basically had a blast while also working and learning what it's like in the real world outside the bubble of academia.

On your year off don't stay home. Move... Live somewhere you've never lived before. Go to NYC/LA/Chicago/Miami and just immerse yourself there (of course finding a job is good too). OR do something you've always wanted to do but were too busy to handle. Find a job that barely pays the rent but let's you have a wonderful adventure in a new place.

I was lucky enough to have a job where I could save a bit of money and I'm gonna spend all of April in Europe backpacking. You're only gonna get to be young and irresponsible once so enjoy it while it lasts.

tmiho said:
may I ask what your gpa was?
I didn't get accepted anywhere this year, just on a couple of waiting lists.
Thanks

My GPA was a 3.8. Is this your first time applying?

ElleM said:
My GPA was a 3.8. Is this your first time applying?

It's my first time. My gpa was 3.5(overall) and 3.4(sci). I'm doing my MPH right now and I have a 3.8 there. I don't know what else to do to improve myself. I have a lot of research experience, published an article, volunteer at a homeless health clinic... I don't know what to do!

Anyone have any suggestions?

tmiho said:
It's my first time. My gpa was 3.5(overall) and 3.4(sci). I'm doing my MPH right now and I have a 3.8 there. I don't know what else to do to improve myself. I have a lot of research experience, published an article, volunteer at a homeless health clinic... I don't know what to do!

Anyone have any suggestions?

seems to me like you're on the right track there.

Hi everyone... i haven't posted much but have been keeping up with my fellow re-applicants and i'm really proud to say I can now post on this thread that I am now an ACCEPTED reapplicant! Just want to wish the best to everyone else who has already heard or is waiting to hear. And for people who think they might need to reapply, DO NOT worry... reapplying was the best thing i could have done, and the time I have had to work and just live life since undergrad has been priceless.

Good luck everyone!

i also had to wait an extra year, but i feel that that wait made me more mature, gave me more perspective, and focused my reasons for wanting to pursue medicine even better.

now i'll be off to chicago to study medicine!

There are people out there who need to see the light at the end of tunnel. Your posts have been that light.

That tunnel may be a little longer than you expected, but the light is still there. I just wanted to thank everyone for posting.

Keep 'em coming!

This is my second tme applying. Last year I applied to 4 California schools, 1 interview and 1 immediate rejection. This year I pulled out all the stops, applied to 21 schools all over the nation. I've had 9 interviews, 2 acceptances, 1 rejection, 5 waitlists, and 1 pending (and one declined interview). This upcoming week, I'm going to write all of my letters to the waitlist schools to withdraw my application. It's going to be so much fun to turn around and reject them.

And for some reason, I feel really good that I have to decline one of the acceptances. I know I'm going to make some waitlisted person's day. I hope they are someone who is either a reapplicant or would be a reapplicant without that acceptance.

CaliforniaBear said:
This is my third year applying to med schools. Up until this year, I had never had a single interview. This year I now have three with a few more hopefully coming. I just got in to Rosalind Franklin University today. I'm living proof that you should keep trying. There is hope for us all!

This is my second time applying to UNC and I got in. :scared:

Last year I applied to 5 schools, and waited till my summer grades came in half way through september to submit my AMCAS. Yeah, no interviews even. I spent the year working for my state Health and Human Services and retook organic chemistry and this year I have 2 acceptances. :D

Do not get discouraged. In some ways you have an advantage, because everyone is going to be asked at some point how sure are you that you want to become a doctor. You as a reapplicant have done some serious thinking, looked at the jobs you could have gotten straight out of college, and still came back to apply again! You will have some of the best answers for this question out there!

Congrats everyone! i'm inspired :) I'm interviewless at this pint so it looks like i'll be reapplying...I'm applying to some master's programs now -- for those of you that pursued a master's, did any of you reapply to med school immediately? (as in...you'd start your amcas app this june...start your master's program in the fall?)

I am a reapplicant. First year I applied to 12 or so schools in the Tri-state area. 2 interviews, no acceptances.

This year the only thing I did differently is change my PS, get a new letter of rec and add some more professional activities I had done in the last year. Seems as it was enough as this year I had 3 interviews and 2 acceptances, one osteo and one allo. In fact the allo school I was accepted to was the frist school that rejected me last year. It's random.

But it can be done. Sorry I don't have more advice.

This is also my 2nd time reapplying.

I always knew that I wanted to be a doctor and I knew that I would do it no matter what. My grades and MCAT in college were not very good. I didn't take the time in college to sort myself out and figure what I really wanted from life. So, after being rejected from a few schools I realized that it was a bad, bad idea to blow my money on secondary app fees when I probably wouldn't get in.

I spent some time working at this crap hospital job and essentially freaking out about how my life was over. Then I found a wonderful research job, my boss allowed me to take classes during work and I also signed up for an MCAT course (which I didn't do the first time around) and re-took that horrendous test.

And, now, finally, I had 5 interview offers, 1 waitlist, and 1 acceptance into my top choice. I am so happy... this is the first time in years I've been able to breath.

:thumbup:

CONGRATS, Magpie!!! :thumbup: Breathe on... :)

I still can't beleive I'm adding myself to this post, but today I got my first acceptance to Albany med! I applied in 01 to 30 schoold, got zero interviews, and since then have done years of clinical research, took the MCAT for the 3rd time, volunteered and did post-bacc work to bring up a sub-3.0 science GPA. Plus I'm currently in .a special master's program...But I guess all of it finally paid off. :D Now I have one acceptance and am waiting to hear back from 3 schools post-interview

Update! I got a call from my interviewer on monday accepting me to my top choice school, UNC! Things could not be more perfect!

2tall said:

I enrolled that fall.

What an inspirational post!!! God Bless You.

I waited so long to be able to contribute something to this thread... I can now! I got my first acceptance from Penn State yesterday.

I made it!!! After 4 years of hard work in undergrad, 1 horrible year in grad school, 2 MCATs, several years of research that I didn't necessarily enjoy, 2 applications cycles, 40 secondaries (over 2 cycles), hundreds of essays, thousands of dollars, countless rejections and holds, some interviews, and many many hours/days/months of waiting... I'm finally IN! :" )

I couldn't be happier! I love the school, the curriculum, the hospital, the students and faculty, etc. I am very lucky to be accepted at a school that I like so much! :love:

To all of you still waiting, don't ever lose up. I know it's a long and difficult road. I know it gets depressing sometimes. But, hard work always pays off and you can all make it. Keep your heads up! Believe me, when you finally hold that acceptance letter in your hand, you know that it was all worth it...

Best of luck! :luck:

KiKat37 said:
I waited so long to be able to contribute something to this thread... I can now! I got my first acceptance from Penn State yesterday.

I made it!!! After 4 years of hard work in undergrad, 1 horrible year in grad school, 2 MCATs, several years of research that I didn't necessarily enjoy, 2 applications cycles, 40 secondaries (over 2 cycles), hundreds of essays, thousands of dollars, countless rejections and holds, some interviews, and many many hours/days/months of waiting... I'm finally IN! :" )

I couldn't be happier! I love the school, the curriculum, the hospital, the students and faculty, etc. I am very lucky to be accepted at a school that I like so much! :love:

To all of you still waiting, don't ever lose up. I know it's a long and difficult road. I know it gets depressing sometimes. But, hard work always pays off and you can all make it. Keep your heads up! Believe me, when you finally hold that acceptance letter in your hand, you know that it was all worth it...

Best of luck! :luck:
Horray for KiKat37!! :clap: :hardy:

I'm so happy for you! And PENN! Wow! What a great school. Well I hope you're able to sit back and enjoy your summer now.

Congratulations, medical student! :D

Khenon said:
Horray for KiKat37!! :clap: :hardy:

I'm so happy for you! And PENN! Wow! What a great school. Well I hope you're able to sit back and enjoy your summer now.

Congratulations, medical student! :D

Hey Khenon, thanks so much! I'm still all emotional and super-happy. I can't stop smiling and thinking about what it means. It seems so unreal... I'm sure you feel the same way! We made it!! :D

It's so nice not to care anymore! I haven't checked my email in 2 days!! I used to do it like 10 times a day! And, I don't care if my mail box is empty now. I just wish I didn't have to write my thesis over the summer... :( It would be nice to have a free summer before med school! Anyhow. Keep me updated with your deferal (sp?) application. :luck:

KiKat37 said:
Hey Khenon, thanks so much! I'm still all emotional and super-happy. I can't stop smiling and thinking about what it means. It seems so unreal... I'm sure you feel the same way! We made it!! :D

It's so nice not to care anymore! I haven't checked my email in 2 days!! I used to do it like 10 times a day! And, I don't care if my mail box is empty now. I just wish I didn't have to write my thesis over the summer... :( It would be nice to have a free summer before med school! Anyhow. Keep me updated with your deferal (sp?) application. :luck:
Oh no! You have to write your thesis this summer? Geese, that sucks. I'm sorry. I hope you're able to find some time to relax before starting med school.

I'll be sure to let you know what happens with my deferral. Such a catch 22. I want to go to medical school now, but everything else in my life needs me to wait until next year. Such is life! :)

Khenon said:
Oh no! You have to write your thesis this summer? Geese, that sucks. I'm sorry. I hope you're able to find some time to relax before starting med school.

I'll be sure to let you know what happens with my deferral. Such a catch 22. I want to go to medical school now, but everything else in my life needs me to wait until next year. Such is life! :)

I see you got in CONGRATS!!! I was REALLY pulling for you this year!!!!

Khenon said:

Yep, it sucks. But, as you said, "such is life." Well, nothing can make me sad right now anyway! :D

Don't worry about the deferral. Everything in life happens for a reason. So, whatever decision they make, it's probably what's gonna be the best for you and your family. But, I know it must be hard to wait... I'm so eager to start myself! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :luck:

Just had to add my 2 cents...third time's the charm! Applied to OHSU only 1st year, rejected. Applied to 8 schools 2nd year, accepted to Loma Linda, #86 on OHSU waitlist. Turned down Loma Linda to be about 15 short of acceptance at OHSU. Applied to OHSU only the 3rd year, and just got accepted. It was really hard waiting the extra year, but I feel that it was 100% worth it to go to my dream school and be around my family. Good luck to those of you who are discouraged after this year's cycle, just keep trying!