**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview #3

School: University of Florida
Notification day: 9/17
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: FL
GPA (science,overall): 3.68, 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/below 17): 19/20/19/19/16 QR
Congrats! When did you submit the supplemental? I sent mine in the day after Labor Day and have heard nothing.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! When did you submit the supplemental? I sent mine in the day after Labor Day and have heard nothing.

Thank you! I actually got the supplemental and the interview invite in the same e-mail this morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
N

Not true, i have both 19, but gpa 3.82- interview, however waiting on other 14 schools :([/QUOTE
That's just their idea/average accepted student. There is wiggle room! I'm sure you'll hear from other schools soon.

Just went back through my junk mail and I found my first invite for an interview at ECU!!! Calling this afternoon to set that up!!!

You just made me check my junk email...
No invites here... But I have a 20% off coupon to Bed, Bath and Beyond, so I guess I have that going for me lol :prof:

Reactions: 32 users
Interview #5

School: ASDOH
Notification day: 9/16
Method of notification: email
Residency: KS
GPA (science, overall): 3.57,3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/ below 17): 24/26/21/22/none

I was really hoping it would somwhow be possible to interview at both Arizona schools by using only one flight but that doesn't look like its going to be possible. Does anyone out there know which school would be better to interview at or have experience interviewing at both? Obviously i'd like to interview at the one I have a better chance getting into but I also want to take into account which school is more successful, has better equipment and resources, and also if glendale or mesa is a better city to live in.
I can't speak for Mesa and ASDOH but Glendale is a great area, great campus, and you probably have a good shot of getting in. Large acceptance class

Second on hold application. :( after Buffalo U

"The Admissions Committee has recently completed the review of your application. At this time, they have decided to put your application on hold until they receive your upcoming Fall term grades. Once the new grades have been received, the Admissions Comittee will re-review your application and consider you for an early 2015 interview."

But I am not taking any new course? Do you think it means a rejection!!!!
:(

"The Admissions Committee has recently completed the review of your application. At this time, they have decided to put your application on hold until they receive your upcoming Fall term grades. Once the new grades have been received, the Admissions Comittee will re-review your application and consider you for an early 2015 interview."

Damn, how are you on hold with a 4.0 and 25 DAT?? :confused:

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone here missed any interview calls and found out about them through voicemail? I work full time, and I'm often in an area that doesn't get any reception. I'm really worried that I might have gotten a call and the fact that it went straight to my voicemail without ringing deterred them from even leaving a message! Maybe I'm just being crazy. Who wouldn't leave a message right?? XD

Has anyone here missed any interview calls and found out about them through voicemail? I work full time, and I'm often in an area that doesn't get any reception. I'm really worried that I might have gotten a call and the fact that it went straight to my voicemail without ringing deterred them from even leaving a message! Maybe I'm just being crazy. Who wouldn't leave a message right?? XD

I was in class when my interview phone call came and they left a voicemail asking me to call them back

I got this same message from Roseman today. The way I look at it is a rejection without saying you're rejected. Maybe there's a little hope if you get a 4.0 with a very tough course load this semester but even after that, there's going to be minimal spots left in their class.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got this same message from Roseman today. The way I look at it is a rejection without saying you're rejected. Maybe there's a little hope if you get a 4.0 with a very tough course load this semester but even after that, there's going to be minimal spots left in their class.
I got one from Iowa and from reading the forums, its usually a no...

but the guys got a 4 0 gpa. Kind of hard to get above that.

interview #3

School: ASDOH
Notification date: 9/16
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27
Application complete date: 8/20
GPA (science, overall) 3.68, 3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/18/22/QR 16

Finally! Another interview that I'm extremely excited for!

School: University of Florida
Notification date: 9/17
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: FL
GPA (science,overall): 3.30, 3.31
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/below 17): 23/23/24/25/nope

Reactions: 4 users
Buffalo's 2013 stats-> Origin of international enrollees: Canada-4, South Korea-2. So I guess a 4.0 GPA and 25 DAT means little to the adcom if the applicant is international but not coming from those 2 countries.

Last edited:
Appl complete 7/28, why those schools are silent!!! Maybe i am rejected from all of them but not notified, aadsas says under review :(( going crazy

Appl complete 7/28, why those schools are silent!!! Maybe i am rejected from all of them but not notified, aadsas says under review :(( going crazy
I also have not received updates from AADSAS but some emails from schools (no invitations, 1 deferral, a few are under review) so I don't really rely on AADSAS for updates anymore. I'm afraid that silence means snail mail rejections for my situation :(

Interview #1:
School: Nova
Notification date: July 15
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.55, 3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/21/23/none
Interview Date: Wednesday, October 8

Interview #2
School: Detroit Mercy
Notification date: August 4
Already interviewed (Sept 6)

Interview #3
School: ASDOH (A.T Still)
Notification date: Aug 29
Interview Date: Sept 23

Interview #4
School: LECOM Bradenton
Notification date: Sept 4
Interview Date: Nov 6

Anyone already have any interviews at the above? Any advice?

I also have not received updates from AADSAS but some emails from schools (no invitations, 1 deferral, a few are under review) so I don't really rely on AADSAS for updates anymore. I'm afraid that silence means snail mail rejections for my situation :(
My app was complete mid July. I've got four very quiet schools yet. Iowa is the one that is the mystery to me. I know that they have rejected and deferred several people. We've just got to wait it out. Ugh.

interview #2

Residency: Ca
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/27
Application complete date: 9/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.2, 3.3 (upward trend)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/28/20/20/no

I am very Impressed by how organized they are!
They actually called on 9/15 to let me know they have received all my materials and now the committee will review it... I thought that was very nice of them to do that

:oops: how did you get a pre-december date? I've been stalking the portal for forever to grab one if it opens up lol

I don't know if I am special case or not ( I doubt it) but in my emial it said something about special/specific saturday interview dates. I just called and they told me the next available date was 11/1.
I just took it.

We have specific, specially selected Saturday interview sessions scheduled with the first one on September 6th and will continue on specifically selected Saturdays until our needs are met. These interviews days give you the most opportunity to learn about our school as well as to speak to students, faculty, and military representatives - in a sense, a mini Open House with individual interviews. Interviewees scheduled for 8:00 a.m. will be here until approximately 1:00 p.m. Interviewees scheduled for 10:00 a.m.will be here until approximately 3:00 p.m. Refreshments are served throughout the day for your convenience. We also offer weekday interviews for those who are unable to attend Saturday sessions.

sGPA : 3.36
oGPA : 3.56
AA 19 TS 18 PAT 18 Reading 22 (OCHEM 16)
Mail-out Date : 9/12

Second interview invite! Just got the email from UMKC, had previously already had an interview offer from Creighton as they have a partnership with my undergrad university

Interview #3! The 2nd interview this week :cool:. After the 2 week dry spell, I was beginning to worry...

School: University of Washington
Method of notification: Email
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7/2014
Application complete date: 7/30/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.2, 3.3
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/21/28/no

Interview #1
Notification day: 7/14
Residency: MI
GPA (BCP,science, overall): 3.78, 3.72, 3.75
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/ below 17): 19/21/23/18/QR16

Interview#2
School:UDM
Already had this interview, the school was brand new and amazing.

Interview #3
School: Midwestern-AZ

Interview #4
School: Midwestern-IL

Regarding UDM, how was the city overall? I know detroit is in the state of bankruptcy or something like that, is it horrible? Or does it look pretty decent to live around the campus?
And how was your interview? Pretty relaxed or very serious?

#1 Interview (finally!)

School: UTSD-Houston
Notification date: 9/17/14
Interview Date: 9/30/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS Mail Out Date: 6/19/2014
Application complete date: 6/23/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/21/23/no

I would love a description of the interview process or any helpful information from anyone who has interviewed in Houston. = )

Regarding UDM, how was the city overall? I know detroit is in the state of bankruptcy or something like that, is it horrible? Or does it look pretty decent to live around the campus?
Go watch Harcore Pawn on TruTV, that will give you a pretty good idea

Congratulations to everyone so far! I've been checking out everyone with interview invite's mail-out days vs. mine to see if maybe I'll hear soon from the same schools. No interview invites yet but no rejections either. Frantically checking my e-mails everyday :(

Around the campus its pretty ****ty, but you have cities nearby that are very nice like royal oak. That is where most of the students get apartments.

Just gonna say that there was a law school student shot during class in Detroit last winter at Wayne state. I'm not even applying to UDM and I'm MI residency...

Reactions: 1 users
Just gonna say that there was a law school student shot during class in Detroit last winter at Wayne state. I'm not even applying to UDM and I'm MI residency...
UDM has its own campus, surrounded by rod iron gates, with 4-6 policeman on campus at all times. Very few students actually live in Detroit, is what it sounded like at my interview.

1st Interview!

School: University of Illinois at Chicago
Notification Date: 9/17/2014
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Illinois
AADSAS mail out date: 6/26
Application complete date: 7/05
GPA: science 3.85/ overall 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/Any section below 17): 20/20/19/18/none

So ecstatic opening this email. I've been awaiting a rejection as I haven't heard from ANY schools yet (applied to 6). I know that's not many, but I applied decently early and I was so afraid that I'd get rejected from UIC for some reason, but I got the interview and hopefully all goes well when it comes down to it. If anyone has received an interview and already attended, PLEASE help me know what to expect.

sGPA : 3.36
oGPA : 3.56
AA 19 TS 18 PAT 18 Reading 22 (OCHEM 16)
Mail-out Date : 9/12

Second interview invite! Just got the email from UMKC, had previously already had an interview offer from Creighton as they have a partnership with my undergrad university
Congrats! I interviewed at UMKC this Monday and at Creighton a week ago. Let me know if you have any questions about the interview process.

I got one from Iowa and from reading the forums, its usually a no...

In case anyone is wondering about Iowa, allegedly they are offering interviews based on a point system. So if your gpa alone doesn't make the cut you lose a point and then your interview gets deferred. The points go the same way for the dat and others. They just changed this recently and there's a lot of discussion going on about how there are D3's getting held back because although they have great grades, they're failing superblock due to simply not having the clinical skills to match the gpa. It's causing some issues for the faculty who believe in the passionate future dentists who have 3.4 gpa and 18's on the dat. Any questions feel free to message me. Hope this helps anyone who hasn't heard back from Iowa or has been deferred already.

Sources-Faculty is an employer of my wife, both dr's I work for are Iowa graduates and have been in contacts with the school concerning the issue as well. (The practice is just outside Iowa City)

In case anyone is wondering about Iowa, allegedly they are offering interviews based on a point system. So if your gpa alone doesn't make the cut you lose a point and then your interview gets deferred. The points go the same way for the dat and others. They just changed this recently and there's a lot of discussion going on about how there are D3's getting held back because although they have great grades, they're failing superblock due to simply not having the clinical skills to match the gpa. It's causing some issues for the faculty who believe in the passionate future dentists who have 3.4 gpa and 18's on the dat. Any questions feel free to message me. Hope this helps anyone who hasn't heard back from Iowa or has been deferred already.

Sources-Faculty is an employer of my wife, both dr's I work for are Iowa graduates and have been in contacts with the school concerning the issue as well. (The practice is just outside Iowa City)

Thanks for the scoop. My application is an exquisite hodgepodge of awesome and meh bound to be a monkey wrench in all but the most seasoned of systems. It is probably saved on someone's desktop while they wait for a day where they have had a full nights sleep and a good cup of coffee before they feel mentally prepared enough to make a decision.

Interview #1
School: Louisville
Notification day: 9/18
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/29
Residency: KY
GPA (science, overall): 3.3, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/ below 17): 22/22/22/21/none

That was rather a quick interview invite! Hopes to all the late applicants.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Interview #1
App mail-out date: 8/29
Congrats!

Interview #1

I applied there, hope to receive an interview.

Interview #1

When is your interview date?

Am I right to be freaking out, I have only heard from 1/16 schools and am getting really frustrated. I read in some other thread that the interview invites really slow down after October first...:( I'm starting to think the schools I applied to were to ambitious At least I got one...

School: LECOM
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
GPA (science, overall): 3.7 (4.0 post bac science as I am a non-traditional student), 3.1
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/ below 17): 21/22/22/18/none

Just received an e-mail from OHSU asking me to retake my DAT :nono::nono::nono:

I got a rejection in the mail from NOVA last week, but check on the portal it said this today: Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school? So check back to see that they rejected me again?