**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I still haven't heard from Upenn so I went to their old threads from other cycles to see if there are patterns and I was shocked how many people heard from them very late. Some with stellar stats. I noticed the same thing about some other schools. They're just late bloomers! Then I realized that even an Ivy League School that is so selective was handing out acceptances all the way until March!!! So I called a girl that I know goes there, even though I don't know her every well. Turns out she was depressed for a long time and just when she thought she wasn't even going to get in last cycle, she got into Upenn in late February, just a couple of weeks after interviewing! Stories like these makes you realize that any time wasted worrying about all of this, is exactly that: a waste, especially when it is all going to work out at the end, one way or another. Your stats are perfectly great. I'm willing to bet that you're going to have a couple of great choices this cycle, but sometimes it is when we release somethings that we achieve them. This happens all the time...as soon as we release it it finds us. Just like when you always hear about couples who are trying to have a baby for years and can't, then as soon as they adopt, bam, they get pregnant! ;) So the lesson here is don't sweat it, release it, and don't go around getting pregnant! JK!:p
Thank you, I just wish the best for u and me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Scroll down and change the style back to blue. It'll be like SDN never changed!
Whoa this is amazing, give SDN coffee a try! It's the classiest of the themes.

@xerxes106 YOU'RE THE REAL MVP!!!!!!!!!

102450-nicolas-cage-wink-gif-smiling-IFKN.gif

Reactions: 14 users
You guys do a great job of staying on topic.........

Reactions: 6 users
you know when most of us are WAAAAY too stressed about interviews when the main topic on the interview/acceptance/rejection thread is SDN's theme...

Reactions: 1 users
you know when most of us are WAAAAY too stressed about interviews when the main topic on the interview/acceptance/rejection thread is SDN's theme...
You know that interview invites have been crazy slow when that's the main topic too!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just don't understand some of these schools. I've got interviews at the top 3 schools I applied to and still no words from the schools I chose as back falls.. Something weird with this cycle in my opinion

I just don't understand some of these schools. I've got interviews at the top 3 schools I applied to and still no words from the schools I chose as back falls.. Something weird with this cycle in my opinion

i think thats every cycle, every applicant

i think thats every cycle, every applicant
For real these schools and adcoms are weird with their selections. It's like you'd expect the exact opposite of what you get.

Interview #3
School: ASDOH
Notification date: 10/9/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS

No interview yet

School:
Notification date:
Method of notification:
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: TMDSAS system
Application complete date: 7/23/14
GPA (science, overall) 3.30 sci, 3.53 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/18/22/19/ :(GC -15 and QR - 16

I know my DAT scores are average and even below average for two sections but I have 20 years experience as a Dental Lab Tech and over 20 chair clinic manager. I am hoping that my experience will make up for the test scores.

I await patiently.

I still haven't heard from Upenn so I went to their old threads from other cycles to see if there are patterns and I was shocked how many people heard from them very late. Some with stellar stats. I noticed the same thing about some other schools. They're just late bloomers! Then I realized that even an Ivy League School that is so selective was handing out acceptances all the way until March!!! So I called a girl that I know goes there, even though I don't know her every well. Turns out she was depressed for a long time and just when she thought she wasn't even going to get in last cycle, she got into Upenn in late February, just a couple of weeks after interviewing! Stories like these makes you realize that any time wasted worrying about all of this, is exactly that: a waste, especially when it is all going to work out at the end, one way or another. Your stats are perfectly great. I'm willing to bet that you're going to have a couple of great choices this cycle, but sometimes it is when we release somethings that we achieve them. This happens all the time...as soon as we release it it finds us. Just like when you always hear about couples who are trying to have a baby for years and can't, then as soon as they adopt, bam, they get pregnant! ;) So the lesson here is don't sweat it, release it, and don't go around getting pregnant! JK!:p

Woa...thank you for your support! :)

Interviews #5 and #6!

School: Tufts
Date: 10/7/2014
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/9/14
Application complete date: 8/15/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.94, 3.89 (+/-) ; 4.00, 3.94 (W/O)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27 AA/ 25 TS/ 23 PAT/ 28 RC/ none

School: University of Maryland
Date: 10/9/2014
Application complete date: 9/12/14
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27 AA/ 25 TS/ 23 PAT/ 28 RC/ none

Those stats
Interviews #5 and #6!

School: Tufts
Date: 10/7/2014
Application complete date: 8/15/14

School: University of Maryland
Date: 10/9/2014
Application complete date: 9/12/14
Those stats... still waiting for Maryland... IS applicant.

Rejection #1

School: UMKC
Notification date: 10/9/2014
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Missouri
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7/14
Application complete date: 6/22/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.03/3.28
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA/20 TS/19 PAT/20 RC/16 QR

Extra motivation to succeed! Already had a great interview and waiting to hear from nine schools.

No interview yet

School:
Notification date:
Method of notification:
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: TMDSAS system
Application complete date: 7/23/14
GPA (science, overall) 3.30 sci, 3.53 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/18/22/19/ :(GC -15 and QR - 16

I know my DAT scores are average and even below average for two sections but I have 20 years experience as a Dental Lab Tech and over 20 chair clinic manager. I am hoping that my experience will make up for the test scores.

I await patiently.
wow, that's great experience. I think it all goes back to applying to the right school, for instance I hope you didn't apply to only ivy leagues or somethin like that.

4TH INTERVIEW INVITE - THIS ONE FROM UCLA!!!!! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!

School: UCLA
Notification date: 10/9/2014
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/14
Application complete date: 8/22/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.96, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA/23 TS/23 PAT/22 RC/

Reactions: 7 users
Rejections School: UCSF
Notification Date: 10/9/2014
Method: Email

After 2 weeks of silence I would have expected better news....

1 interview 1 rejection. waiting on 13 more.

Last edited:
Interview #7

School: University of Minnesota
Notification date: 10/9/14
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18
Application complete date: Early July
GPA (science, overall): 3.28, 3.29
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/21/22/none

Reactions: 3 users
Drumroll Please???
2nd Interview

School: University of Florida
Notification date: Today! (10/09)
Method of notification: e-mail @7:56AM (Great way to start my day!)
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/19
Application complete date: Still waiting on my school to submit my committee letter
GPA (science, overall): ~3.3/~3.1
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):19AA/18TS/18PAT/23RC - QR-15 : (
Interview Date: 11/4/15

For these guys, my Kool-Aid smile flavor is Orange. :joyful: Saving Cherry (Red) for the best!

Interview Invite to NYU...lol why do I always get mine in batches? o_O

Interview #8
School: NYU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Notification date: 10/8
Application complete date: 7/18
Residency: MA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27
GPA (science, overall) 3.4 / 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/21/22/none

I'm so excited to hear from NYU!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biglove:

2nd invite! :D

School: NYU
Notification date: 10/9
Residency: Fl
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/29
Application complete date: 9/12

Last edited:
Drumroll Please???
2nd Interview

School: University of Florida
Notification date: Today! (10/09)
Method of notification: e-mail @7:56AM (Great way to start my day!)
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/19
Application complete date: Still waiting on my school to submit my committee letter
GPA (science, overall): ~3.3/~3.1
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):19AA/18TS/18PAT/23RC - QR-15 : (
Interview Date: 11/4/15

For these guys, my Kool-Aid smile flavor is Orange. :joyful: Saving Cherry (Red) for the best!
Congrats!! Do you remember when you had your supplemental complete for this school? I had mine done 10/1 but haven't heard back yet

Congrats!! Do you remember when you had your supplemental complete for this school? I had mine done 10/1 but haven't heard back yet
If I remember correctly, theirs had a supplemental, and then parts I and II in addition to it, or something to that effect. So I submitted the initial supplemental on Oct. 4th, and then they e-mailed me that they received the other parts on Oct. 7th.

same here

If I remember correctly, theirs had a supplemental, and then parts I and II in addition to it, or something to that effect. So I submitted the initial supplemental on Oct. 4th, and then they e-mailed me that they received the other parts on Oct. 7th.
Was the part II like the course worksheet and stuff? I remember having to complete that too.

why is VCU and maryland so quiet? Haven't seen anyone posting about invites from those two in the last few weeks..

When university of Florida starts playing with your feelings and sends you an email about becoming a gator. Turns out, they want me to apply to their school as a freshman in college. Nah bro, nah.

Reactions: 4 users
When university of Florida starts playing with your feelings and sends you an email about becoming a gator. Turns out, they want me to apply to their school as a freshman in college. Nah bro, nah.
Was just about to post this.

How come I didn't get the email? They really don't want me...

Why is Houston and San Antonio is quiet this year? Did anyone get an invite from them or I just do not know anyone that received some.

I honestly thought I would have at least have one of them interviewing me this year.

i got this too, was so excited thinking it was an invite! :(

Reactions: 2 users
why is VCU and maryland so quiet? Haven't seen anyone posting about invites from those two in the last few weeks..
i got this too, was so excited thinking it was an invite! :(

such a letdown..

Why is Houston and San Antonio is quiet this year? Did anyone get an invite from them or I just do not know anyone that received some.

I honestly thought I would have at least have one of them interviewing me this year.

I interviewed with both of those schools recently (my only invitations so far, Houston 9/30, SA 10/6), but I know that they definitely still have lots of people to interview. Don't give up! Houston specifically was pretty clear that they interview well into February, and they are pretty conservative with December acceptances, so there is plenty of time left for those schools. = )

Got my first interview invite this week-very excited!

School: Ohio State
Notification date: 10/7/14
Method of notification: Phone call followed by email
Residency: NC, but think I am considered instate for OSU bc I grew up in Ohio
AADSAS mail-out date: July 11th
Application complete date: Sept 23rd (took DAT in early September)
GPA (science, overall): 3.15, 3.25 overall (4.0 gpa in post bach course work)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/21/23, no

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed with both of those schools recently (my only invitations so far, Houston 9/30, SA 10/6), but I know that they definitely still have lots of people to interview. Don't give up! Houston specifically was pretty clear that they interview well into February, and they are pretty conservative with December acceptances, so there is plenty of time left for those schools. = )
If u don't mind would you please share your states!

Interview #3

School: University of Louisville
Notification date: 10/10/14
AADSAS mail-out date: July 18th
Application complete date: July 18th
GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/24/25/no

I only applied to four schools, so I'm extremely grateful to have received three interviews to this point.