**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview #3

School: University of Louisville
Notification date: 10/10/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: July 18th
Application complete date: July 18th
GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/24/25/no

I only applied to four schools, so I'm extremely grateful to have received three interviews to this point.
I applied there, hope to get one interview from them soon. when is your interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you asking about my stats. I am a Texas resident, so I used TMDSAS instead of AADSAS for these applications, and thus had it done earlier than AADSAS people would have.

Residency: TX
TMDSAS Mail Out Date: 6/19/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/21/23/no

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #1!!! I have been going crazy waiting and I finally got my first invite!

School: LECOM
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: June 27th
Application complete date: September 5th (Due to DAT Scores received Sept 2nd)
GPA (science, overall): 3.32, 3.40
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/19/21/24/none

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No interview yet

School:
Notification date:
Method of notification:
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: TMDSAS system
Application complete date: 7/23/14
GPA (science, overall) 3.30 sci, 3.53 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/18/22/19/ :(GC -15 and QR - 16

I know my DAT scores are average and even below average for two sections but I have 20 years experience as a Dental Lab Tech and over 20 chair clinic manager. I am hoping that my experience will make up for the test scores.

I await patiently.
Most schools won't even look at your application with a 15... You need to retake the exam if you don't get in this cycle.

Was the part II like the course worksheet and stuff? I remember having to complete that too.
Yeah, that's what it was. They e-mailed the interview invitation the day after I completed it.

Interview #8
School: VCU
Notification date: 10/10/2014
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20/14
Application complete date: 6/4/14
GPA (science, overall) 3.45 sci, 3.56 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/21/23/QR(16)

Woohoo!!! No Idea how I've received this many interviews, so excited! I only have 3 schools I still haven't heard from!

Reactions: 5 users
1st Interview!

School: Nebraska
Notification date: 8/15/14
Residency: Kansas
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/13
Application complete date: 7/13
GPA (science, overall) 3.14sci, 3.25 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/20/27/none

FYI…About the low GPA, I went back to school full time at a four year school and got a Molecular Bioscience degree, 93 Credit hours, 4.0. I just have a lot of garbage from my first time in undergrad 10+ years ago.
Update
'Tis been a cruel two days, rejected by UMKC on 10/9, deferred by Iowa on 10/10. Had interviews at Ohio State and Nebraska Saturday and Monday. Two more are quiet...come on Colorado and UNC, what's it gonna be????

Interview #3

School: University of Louisville
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: July 18th
Application complete date: July 18th
GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/24/25/no

I only applied to four schools, so I'm extremely grateful to have received three interviews to this point.

Congrats! That is so exciting! Do you remember when your AADSAS portal changed from complete to under review? And how long was it "under review" until you got the good news!?!?

Interview #8
School: VCU
Residency: UT
Application complete date: 6/4/14
GPA (science, overall) 3.45 sci, 3.56 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/21/23/QR(16)

Woohoo!!! No Idea how I've received this many interviews, so excited! I only have 3 schools I still haven't heard from!

ah hell no, I've been saying since noone else got VCU invites, they must be taking their time, but there you got the interview from VCU.
Wonder how many invites they sent per week..

Am I the only one who gets scared to see people post interview invites and hopes not from my scho
ah hell no, I've been saying since noone else got VCU invites, they must be taking their time, but there you got the interview from VCU.
Wonder how many invites they sent per week..
I actually get nervous every time when people post interview invites here... I don't want to know that my school keeps sending out invites to everybody but not me!

Interview
School: USC
Residency: CO
Application complete date: 6/2/14
GPA (science, overall) 3.68 sci, 3.72 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 19/20/22/No

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My first SDN post!

Interview #1:
School: Marquette
Notification date: 9/9/2014
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7/2014
Application complete date: 6/30/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.32, 3.42
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/23/21/none

Interview #2

Rejection #1:

School: UCSF
Notification date: 10/9/2014

Reactions: 2 users
Am I the only one who gets scared to see people post interview invites and hopes not from my scho

I actually get nervous every time when people post interview invites here... I don't want to know that my school keeps sending out invites to everybody but not me!

that is exactly how I felt with that VCU invite someone posted.. I was okay with any other invites LOL..

My first SDN post!

Interview #1:
School: Marquette
Notification date: 9/9/2014
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7/2014
Application complete date: 6/30/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.32, 3.42
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/23/21/none

Interview #2

Rejection #1:

School: UCSF
Notification date: 10/9/2014
When is your UCSF interview??

that is exactly how I felt with that VCU invite someone posted.. I was okay with any other invites LOL..
Yup. I think I got shoved to the back of line due to LORs. They're there now, so hopefully I'll get some good news from VCU soon!

FINALLY! After over a month of silence...Interview #4!!

Residency: NV
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18/2014
Application complete date: 7/25/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.89, 3.85 (with +/-)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/24/25/none

Yay!! I am so grateful!

Last edited:
Interview #3:

Notification Date: 10/10/2014
Residency: SC
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/29/2014
Application complete date: 09/05/2014
GPA (science,overall): 3.77, 3.85
(AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/21/24/QR16

Woah, USC sure is limiting themselves to interviewing only pretty high-stats people...

USC is the school I wanted to hear from too :( zZzzzZZz falling asleep waiting lol

Why would anyone want to attend USC? the estimated cost of attendance is over $430k. You will be in debt for decades

Why would anyone want to attend USC? the estimated cost of attendance is over $430k. You will be in debt for decades

It's in California...and even though it's crazy expensive, I would rather attend it than say a new school with no name recognition at all and costs just as much.

You may be better off reapplying next year to try and get into a public school if it means saving $100+k

You may be better off reapplying next year to try and get into a public school if it means saving $100+k

I'm not so sure about that. Being a California resident, there are very few options where I can save $100k compared to USC's cost...and my public schools being only UCLA and UCSF, I somehow doubt that it'll be easy to get into them just because I applied again...this is of course, all theoretically speaking...hopefully I won't be choosing only between USC and expensive new dental school that's also $400k...

But it'll be nice to know that I at least have an option to stay in Socal...

There are several public schools like Buffalo, UNLV, OHIO STATE and Maryland that grant instate tuition after the first year.

There are several public schools like Buffalo, UNLV, OHIO STATE and Maryland that grant instate tuition after the first year.

Sure, and I can even add onto that list: Rutgers and UConn...but let's speak in more practical terms shall we? I would be banking on getting into these schools with supposedly the same stats, only difference may be some more extracurriculars and maybe some more shadowing hours...I don't see how this is going to make much of a difference as an applicant, especially not for the cheaper-priced schools.

Going to post grad for the sake of increasing my GPA (okay, and here, I'm not speaking for anyone else but me...I'm just saying I don't see any point to go to post grad to raise my gpa from a 3.67 to a 3.7/3.8 and wasting a year) seems pretty stupid in my opinion because that in itself is going to cost more money...add that to the $300k dental school that I'll supposedly "end" up getting into PLUS the additional one year of application costs, it ends up to be the same cost except I wasted an extra year.

And then to address some of the schools you listed there, Ohio State has some pretty high stats so if someone applied to schools and couldn't get into any except USC, how could they possibly get into Ohio? Maryland makes it VERY hard to become instate if you check the forums on sdn...you'd have to marry someone from Maryland and/or buy a house or something like that. UNLV won't really be saving you $100k....maybe more like $50-75k.

All I'm saying is, while I will definitely cringe at the thought of paying for USC if that happens to be my only option (and I'm praying not), I will definitely go if that does happen to be the case because it is near where I live and makes more financial sense if I consider the alternatives.

All dental schools are expensive. It would be pointless to apply again with good stats. Take what you get and if you only get into USC, then so be it. If it takes a few extra years to pay back your loans... You're still doing what you love, right?

Reactions: 4 users
Because it's better to attend an expensive dental school , rather than don't attend at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
It's a rejection, not an interview
OH DEAR. I am SO Sorry.. I got so excited for your other interviews I jumped to conclusions.

I received my first rejection from UMKC the other day if that makes any difference!

If it makes you feel any better, I ended up deciding to (though very reluctantly) decline my interview invite, so that means one more spot open for you!!

Last edited:
Could u plz tell me what is grant instate tuition after the first year?

If it makes you feel any better, I ended up deciding to (though very reluctantly) decline my interview invite, so that means one more spot open for you!!
Give it to me!

Interview invite #3!!!
USC, notified 10/10 via email. OOS, from Michigan. GPA: 3.85. Science: 3.83. DAT AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR: 21/22/22/20/21

Just got a continuing review email from Buffalo

way too quiet. Let the party begin!

Could u plz tell me what is grant instate tuition after the first year?

some schools let you claim in-state status after 1st year, so you will pay in-state tuition starting second year.

"Hey guys! It was really quiet last week. I guess it's the calm before the storm. I bet next week will be a massive wave of invites! Get ready!"

If I only had a dollar every time I saw that on this thread, I'd have 7 dollars...

Reactions: 5 users
"Hey guys! It was really quiet last week. I guess it's the calm before the storm. I bet next week will be a massive wave of invites! Get ready!"

If I only had a dollar every time I saw that on this thread, I'd have 7 dollars...

you can keep that 7 dollars, but I'd rather have another interview invite. :)

I wish to have some interviews!

some schools let you claim in-state status after 1st year, so you will pay in-state tuition starting second year.
How can I check that I will be in state after the first year. Is there any list that I can check the schools will offer this?

Last edited:
How can I check that I will be in state after the first year. Is there any list than I can check the schools will offer this?
call the schools.. that's what i did.. some of them are really hard to get (get married in that state, have a kid), others you just gotta live in an apt for 12 months.

call the schools.. that's what i did.. some of them are really hard to get (get married in that state, have a kid), others you just gotta live in an apt for 12 months.
Thank you.