**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you mind sharing when you submitted your application? I submitted on October 2nd and I am still waiting to hear back. I've gotten one rejection so far but the other schools have kept pretty quiet.

I submitted September 21st. I also sent them my unofficial transcript with my fall grades via email.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
INTERVIEW #1!!!!!

School: UCLA
Notification date: Jan 9, 2015
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: End of June
Application complete date: Aug 8, 2014
GPA (science, overall) : 3.97, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/22/ none

My interview will be scheduled on Jan 16th

first interview in January with those GPA and DAT combo? WTH? app date wasn't that late either.
You must be thrilled and relieved.
congrats!

Reactions: 7 users
first interview in January with those GPA and DAT combo? WTH? app date wasn't that late either.
You must be thrilled and relieved.
congrats!

Thank you! Yes, and it's my dream school! I only applied to 3 SoCal schools, and I heard Cal schools are known to send interview invitations pretty late. I was starting to lose hope because of the long months without hearing anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! Yes, and it's my dream school! I only applied to 3 SoCal schools, and I heard Cal schools are known to send interview invitations pretty late. I was starting to lose hope because of the long months without hearing anything.

This gives me hope. Best of luck to you!!

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't get anything other than the portal update. Some people are offended by that.. Especially those that went to the alumni receptions.

I apologize but the AADSAS admissions portal did note that emails were sent out. I can go through individual emails to see if emails were bounced or not, but each person who was denied has in their AADSAS record the note that the denial email was sent.

I have a suspicion that many others who posted here that they received rejections only through the portal could have also had intended email rejections delivered to them as well. It's something I have to check with the people in charge of the server program.

I apologize but the AADSAS admissions portal did note that emails were sent out. I can go through individual emails to see if emails were bounced or not, but each person who was denied has in their AADSAS record the note that the denial email was sent.

I have a suspicion that many others who posted here that they received rejections only through the portal could have also had intended email rejections delivered to them as well. It's something I have to check with the people in charge of the server program.

I will say that on AADSAS it says "Application denied" but I did not receive an e-mail. And I don't see how my e-mail could have bounced since every other school I applied to has been able to get ahold of me.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted to OHSU!!! Interviewed on January 6th and accepted on January 9th! #1 choice :soexcited:
Cancelled interviews at UNLV, Midwestern in AZ and IL, and USC.

Reactions: 7 users
Dang wish the U of M moved that quickly (had an interview on the 6th also)! Congrats to you!

Anyone know when BU will start sending out more interview invites?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang wish the U of M moved that quickly (had an interview on the 6th also)! Congrats to you!
Thank you! Yes I was surprised at how fast I heard back from them. Good luck to you!

Happy Monday people! let's hope it isn't such a quiet week ahead of us

Reactions: 16 users
Start the monday morning off with an interview invitation. I'm thankful.

Interview #2
Case Western!

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted to OHSU on 1/9/15!!!!! My top choice school! :)
Good luck to everyone I hope you all hear back from the schools that you want!

Reactions: 4 users
"Application Denied" update from Case western via AADSAS. No interview.

Rejections always sting and this one stung just a little for like a second or two. But it doesnt matter since I already got into my top choice, so I couldnt care less.

Official Rejection #1
Western U
Oh well

Start the monday morning off with an interview invitation. I'm thankful.

Interview #2
Case Western!

Congrats!! When is your interview date? I hope they are still interviewing not too far out! Hoping for an invite, which would be a pretty awesome birthday present for me today :)

Hoping for a Case invite as well!

Congrats!! When is your interview date? I hope they are still interviewing not too far out! Hoping for an invite, which would be a pretty awesome birthday present for me today :)
Happy Birthday! Interview date is 2/4 for me. I did not receive "still interested" email, but fortunate enough to land an interview.

Interview invite #2 to Roseman!! Jan 23rd

Afternoon session

Reactions: 2 users
Rejection #1

Western U

So nervous now that I only have one interview invitation (UCLA) and nothing from USC. Only applied to these 3 schools. GPA was 3.9 but this did not include Spring '14 and Fall '14 grades. After these 2 quarters, my GPA went down to 3.7.. I hope UCLA will still take me after I update my GPA :(

Rejection #1

Western U

So nervous now that I only have one interview invitation (UCLA) and nothing from USC. Only applied to these 3 schools. GPA was 3.9 but this did not include Spring '14 and Fall '14 grades. After these 2 quarters, my GPA went down to 3.7.. I hope UCLA will still take me after I update my GPA :(

Sorry about your rejection. How were you notified? Good luck at UCLA!!

Happy Birthday! Interview date is 2/4 for me. I did not receive "still interested" email, but fortunate enough to land an interview.

Aw thanks so much!!!! And thats not too far out at all, best of luck to you! Congrats again!

Rejection #1

Western U

If don't mind please share your stats and dates.

I got an interview invite from UIC, if anyone has any advice or information about the interview that would be great :)

If don't mind please share your stats and dates.
Rejection
School: Western U
Notification date: Jan 12, 2015
GPA (science, overall) : 3.97, 3.9 (not including Spring '14 and Fall '14 quarter grades)

Rejection
GPA (science, overall) : 3.97, 3.9 (not including Spring '14 and Fall '14 quarter grades)
Those are great stats...

Rejection

It's the standard they will reject you because they know you'll get in somewhere else. I wouldn't worry. You're going to kill it at UCLA.

Applied June 6th, still waiting to hear back from 10 schools. Anyone have experience from last cycle? Surely if I wasn't qualified, they would have rejected me by now right...? lol

Applied June 6th, still waiting to hear back from 10 schools. Anyone have experience from last cycle? Surely if I wasn't qualified, they would have rejected me by now right...? lol
Its unfortunate but most times schools do not even keep students updated of their status until Jan-Mar and it normally comes in the form of a rejection at that point.

interview invitation to Roseman via email....will be declining

Reactions: 3 users
I got an interview invite from UIC, if anyone has any advice or information about the interview that would be great :)

Congrats! It's a pretty laid back interview. During my interview I met one-on-one with 2 different faculty members - they asked a few questions and then just had a relaxed conversation about whatever came up. It's closed file. You meet with a student services/financial aid woman after, and then tour the school. Pretty short day, and you don't get lunch so make sure to eat some breakfast. I believe the class is pretty full (or close to full) at this point so a lot of the interviews are for a waitlist spot. Best of luck!

Rejected from UNC without interview via email. Stings a bit.

also rejected from UNC via e-mail, no interview.

I'm in the exact same boat lol

Does anyone else think it's a bit ridiculous to HAVE to pay a deposit when you're still waiting to hear back from other schools? Shoot, if I was rich, I would put down deposits for all the schools I was accepted to and make a sound decision once I can truly weigh out my options. It almost feels like I am being forced to commit to a school...after all the time and money I've invested into my dental career/app process, I feel like dental school's could be a little more lax about the deadline. *end rant*

Does anyone else think it's a bit ridiculous to HAVE to pay a deposit when you're still waiting to hear back from other schools? Shoot, if I was rich, I would put down deposits for all the schools I was accepted to and make a sound decision once I can truly weigh out my options. It almost feels like I am being forced to commit to a school...after all the time and money I've invested into my dental career/app process, I feel like dental school's could be a little more lax about the deadline. *end rant*

These are problems I wish I had.

Reactions: 21 users

If I had this problem, I would have just picked randomly from a hat. lol jk. Pick the school you can imagine yourself going.

Congrats! It's a pretty laid back interview. During my interview I met one-on-one with 2 different faculty members - they asked a few questions and then just had a relaxed conversation about whatever came up. It's closed file. You meet with a student services/financial aid woman after, and then tour the school. Pretty short day, and you don't get lunch so make sure to eat some breakfast. I believe the class is pretty full (or close to full) at this point so a lot of the interviews are for a waitlist spot. Best of luck!

thank you so much for the feedback. you did however scare me when you said "wait list spot". im interviewing at UIC on the 20th of january, i actually thought that was an early post-december interview.