Official LOST WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for the votes guys!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm confused to what fractions could exist and what fractions are going to be considered wolves... there are so many subgroups and conflicts, we could have a lot of competing interests...

we have the flight survivors, the others, the DHARMA initiative, and the whole heart of the island supernatural **** between Jacob and the man in black and the sickness. On top of that, everyones alliance seems to shift repetitively and depending on which time period or reality that's going on.... plus a ton of other minor groups...

i've never seen an episode of lost, but have been reading up on the "Lostpedia"... those of you with a bit more advanced knowledge, can we get some sort of idea of how you think this might shake out?

I've seen the first few seasons of LOST (years ago...), so I'm not an expert by any means. However during that time, the Others were definitely the main antagonists to the survivors. Later on they did become less hostile and allied themselves with the survivors against greater threats, but they were clearly villains early on.

Some of the conflicts between the survivors worry me less, but lend to the idea that some may be more convertable than others. Locke, for example.

As for the dude in black, I didn't watch the show that far so the wiki is my only source on that, but he seems to be important enough to include. Likely not a villager from what I've read.

I've seen the first few seasons of LOST (years ago...), so I'm not an expert by any means. However during that time, the Others were definitely the main antagonists to the survivors. Later on they did become less hostile and allied themselves with the survivors against greater threats, but they were clearly villains early on.

Some of the conflicts between the survivors worry me less, but lend to the idea that some may be more convertable than others. Locke, for example.

As for the dude in black, I didn't watch the show that far so the wiki is my only source on that, but he seems to be important enough to include. Likely not a villager from what I've read.

I have watched till, season 7 I believe, though it has been awhile. Depending on how inclusive this WW is, I think many fractions can possibly exist. There is the DHARMA initiative, that is (good/bad?), they did not get along with the others, and the others ended up wiping them out, but not before I think 1 or 2 of their members switched sides to the others. Then the others too, there are frequent loyalty changes (under the various leaderships), Richard Alpert for example answers to Jacob and didn't like how Ben was leading the others, and the survivors, well there are tons of loyalty changes there as well if I can remember correctly. I agree, there will probably be roles Locke who are more convertible, I am trying to remember, but weren't there other survivors that were really friendly with the others?

Members don't see this ad :)
It is still Night 1.

Please have your PMs in by 5pm EST.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Hi. I guess I was let in off the standby list.

Missed the election... congrats Lissarae, although to be honest, I don't want any potentially screaming babies on my flights. :p

I watched all of the Lost seasons on TV when they originally aired, so when available I could probably help, if I can remember that long ago.

Others, Dharma, smoke monster, Jacob and his brother, Widmore and his hired group..... lots of villains out there. Hopefully they are competing with each other as in the show, and can kill each other off. Might be a bunch of neutral ones as well.

I think it will be easier to focus on the obvious good guys to trust...
Sawyer (my favorite), Hurley, Kate, Sayid, Charlie, etc etc. Another long list. Lots of possibilities. Good choice for a WW game Jam!

Hi. I guess I was let in off the standby list.

Missed the election... congrats Lissarae, although to be honest, I don't want any potentially screaming babies on my flights. :p

I watched all of the Lost seasons on TV when they originally aired, so when available I could probably help, if I can remember that long ago.

Others, Dharma, smoke monster, Jacob and his brother, Widmore and his hired group..... lots of villains out there. Hopefully they are competing with each other as in the show, and can kill each other off. Might be a bunch of neutral ones as well.

I think it will be easier to focus on the obvious good guys to trust...
Sawyer (my favorite), Hurley, Kate, Sayid, Charlie, etc etc. Another long list. Lots of possibilities. Good choice for a WW game Jam!

Ugh, this is has the potential to be utterly confusing and a giant cluster for people who are unfamiliar with the show. . .

QUESTION TO JAM....

Is this game based primarily on season 1, or does it span many seasons?

If you answered already, sorry...

It spans many seasons.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

what is your guys impression on "the sickness" and whether it will show up in this game?

it seems that **** turns relatively normal or "good" people into psychopathic blood thirsty killers?

That would implicate two original survivers (Claire and Sayid... who both "rebelled against the supposed evil within them" according to the wiki page) and 3 of Rousseau's science expedition (Brennan, Lacombe, and Robert). I can confirm that at least one of these individuals exists in the game, and that at least one of these individuals is NOT infected with the sickness to begin this game... but it seems that it would at least have us late game want to question some of these guys loyalties (especially if Sayid is revived, no?). Or maybe I am overly analyzing this sickness thing (a bit of personal paranoia?)....

what is your guys impression on "the sickness" and whether it will show up in this game?

it seems that **** turns relatively normal or "good" people into psychopathic blood thirsty killers?

Or maybe I am overly analyzing this sickness thing (a bit of personal paranoia?)....

Seems like a great game mechanic at the very least. Maybe it will generate players with their own win condition or change them into wolves? Hard to say but it's definitely something I would expect to be possible in some way.

Members don't see this ad :)
[YOUTUBE]/-HWECQa23Cs[/YOUTUBE]
I found this interesting...

Night is Closed.

Results pending.

The first night in a new place it pretty scary. Despite the fires and people standing guard, there was a lot a chaos... a lot of death.

While taking a morning stroll on the beach, Foxhunter finds the mangled body of SOV, Goodwin Stanhope, who know one can remember seeing on the plane.

While a few of the survivors work to bury the body in the sand, a scream is heard from the water. thedrjojo was taking a swim when the body of Philliab, Mr. Eko brushes up against them. Mr. Eko, the protector, has died.

During all the commotion, FrozenShades snuck off into the jungle to answer nature's call but was stopped short when they came upon the slumped over body of Escalla, Michael Lloyd with a single gunshot to the head. Poor Walt is now without a father.

It is now Day 2. 25 Players remain.

Please, throw around empty and unfounded accusations and lynch someone by 10am EST, or until majority is reached.

The Hydra

1. Dyachei
2. Iissa
3. Alors
4. Wolfspeaker
5. bbeventer

The Barracks

6. Orcagirl
7. KP
8. nohika
9. that redhead

The Pearl

10.The LIS
11 Kaydubs
12. thedrjojo
13 Dwin
14. krist
15. FH

The Swan

16. SnS
17. jjohnston
18. cuit
19. Allie

The Looking Glass

20. FFM
21. devyn
22. FS
23. nyanko
24. DVMD
25. wildcatj

Sandy Graveyard

SOV, Goodwin Stanhope
Escalla, Michael Lloyd
Philliab, Mr. Eko

Ugh.

Two comments.

First, SOV's character may well have been a wolf or neutral or other undesirable. Not sure we should feel bad about that.

Second, I don't think there was a Michael Lloyd in the show? Walt's dad's last name was something else. Walt's mom's last name was Lloyd, right? Clearly that's who the mods meant, though.

lynch wildcat for because.

(translation: I don't like skipping votes but I don't have any reason to vote for anyone.)

Sucks that we already lost the protector. I would think that SOV's character would be a "bad" guy since he was essentially a spy for the others when the others were the enemy. Mangled body makes me think smoke monster or maybe the polar bears.

I have honestly never seen this show, so I don't know who any of these people are. Sucks that the protector is dead. Not sure who the other people are, will have to wiki in the morning. I am heading to bed though, not feeling good. Will make a lynch vote tomorrow.

I have honestly never seen this show, so I don't know who any of these people are. Sucks that the protector is dead. Not sure who the other people are, will have to wiki in the morning. I am heading to bed though, not feeling good. Will make a lynch vote tomorrow.

I feel the same way. Looks like I'm going to be using wiki a lot this game. So many characters so little time.

Changing my mind about my lynch vote.

unlynch wildcat

These people were in the same group with Philliab and had a higher likelihood of knowing he was a protector. Yes, it's extremely weak. Yes, I'm randomly picking from them. Yes, it's more likely the wolves just got lucky and stumbled onto him. But it's still better than picking wildcat out basically at random, I think.

Orcagirl
KP
nohika
that redhead

Of those, I dunno who Philliab would have chosen to confide in, so ................

lynch orcagirl for being a killer whale

Really? You wolves suck! :mad:

Changing my mind about my lynch vote.

unlynch wildcat

These people were in the same group with Philliab and had a higher likelihood of knowing he was a protector. Yes, it's extremely weak. Yes, I'm randomly picking from them. Yes, it's more likely the wolves just got lucky and stumbled onto him. But it's still better than picking wildcat out basically at random, I think.

Orcagirl
KP
nohika
that redhead

Of those, I dunno who Philliab would have chosen to confide in, so ................

lynch orcagirl for being a killer whale

There has been zero communication between our group as a whole that I'm aware of.. I personally haven't spoke to a single person. I can't speak for everyone else, but there hasn't been a general " hey group lets talk" messsge sent out.

There has been zero communication between our group as a whole that I'm aware of.. I personally haven't spoke to a single person. I can't speak for everyone else, but there hasn't been a general " hey group lets talk" messsge sent out.

Not sure why that matters. It's not like Philliab would have announced to your entire group her role. I'm just speculating that (with low odds of being right) she may have shared with one person and it turned out to be a bad gamble.

I've occasionally gambled on role revealing with someone if I felt the gamble was worth it. I don't really seriously think it's likely here, but I hate <completely> random voting, so....

Not sure why that matters. It's not like Philliab would have announced to your entire group her role. I'm just speculating that (with low odds of being right) she may have shared with one person and it turned out to be a bad gamble.

I've occasionally gambled on role revealing with someone if I felt the gamble was worth it. I don't really seriously think it's likely here, but I hate <completely> random voting, so....

Yea I get what your saying. I don't see a protector telling Anyone they are a protector this early in the game.. A character name yea.. Role, no way.. Especially not a protector role. But that's just me. I'm leaning more towards luck on the wolves part.

And this is why I stopped playing.
What's the point?
Thanks for nothing.

</end sour grapes>

Ugh.

Two comments.

First, SOV's character may well have been a wolf or neutral or other undesirable. Not sure we should feel bad about that.

Second, I don't think there was a Michael Lloyd in the show? Walt's dad's last name was something else. Walt's mom's last name was Lloyd, right? Clearly that's who the mods meant, though.

lynch wildcat for because.

(translation: I don't like skipping votes but I don't have any reason to vote for anyone.)

You're right, that isn't Michael's last name, its Dawson.

Mod error in the wake of sick dogs and finals.

Jesus, well all that clears things up. Going to wait a bit, see how things shake out before casting my vote.

3 deaths in one night?? Reminds me of my GB game. Sucks we lost our protector. And, I'm thinking smoke monster has to be out there definitely - maybe a chaos role?

That is what I'm thinking... possibly polar bear too?

Anyways, I have a final tomorrow when I am sure all the action will begin, so lynch that redhead because I think that group is good as any to choose from and I don't feel like early bandwagoning with someone elses vote.

Official Vote Talley:

TRH 1 (bbeventer)
FH 1 (devyn)
orcagirl 1 (LIS)
rojo 1 (cuit)

Deadline is 10am EST or until majority is reached.

Votes Cast: 4 of 25.

God you guys are stupid.

There's been no PMing in our group (that I know of) so it's very unlikely philliab spilled any info. Is there anyone that the character could have been linked to? Seems like there might be a lot of linked roles in this bloody game. Feck.

God you guys are stupid.

There's been no PMing in our group (that I know of) so it's very unlikely philliab spilled any info. Is there anyone that the character could have been linked to? Seems like there might be a lot of linked roles in this bloody game. Feck.

Not sure why you'd conclude that because there's been no group-wide PM'ing Philliab couldn't have contacted one person privately. That's ... well, it's an asinine assumption.

Maybe we should all just lynch nohika to get rid of the annoying "insult everyone" role. At least that would have a productive effect.

RNG lynch dwin

Really lame of the wolves to kill SOV on the first night.

So suggest something better, genius.

its day 2, no one has information, so everyone is grasping at straws... but to try to say that the Phil death was cause he told someone he was the protector in his group who just happened to be a wolf, and then to randomly guess from his groupmates at what that wolf would be, is, well, weak...

besides blind luck (either during night 1 or during the day 2 lynch) the first lynch there is no strategy to be had... right now as someone with 1 vote (guessing Cuit PM'd the vote in to Jam), I have to be prepared to play defense, so I'll hold out on voting til the morning, but it will likely just be a bandwagon or random or against someone for petty reasons like they seem to have a stick up their butt about me :rolleyes:

Not sure why you'd conclude that because there's been no group-wide PM'ing Philliab couldn't have contacted one person privately. That's ... well, it's an asinine assumption.

Maybe we should all just lynch nohika to get rid of the annoying "insult everyone" role. At least that would have a productive effect.

If you're going to lynch me, at least have a better reason. :) I'll also add that it's not a very smart idea.

Then again, that's not surprising.

Philliab isn't the type to contact one player, generally. That's not her playing style.

Annnd I have a headache again and am going to bed. Default round one vote: the most annoying person ever.

lynch WS

its day 2, no one has information, so everyone is grasping at straws... but to try to say that the Phil death was cause he told someone he was the protector in his group who just happened to be a wolf, and then to randomly guess from his groupmates at what that wolf would be, is, well, weak...

No **** it's weak. I said so when I made the vote.

But it's still better than a completely random guess (or, at the very least, it's equal to a completely random guess). So I'd rather take the incrementally better shot - however slight - than just throw a random vote out. That just makes sense.

Default round one vote: the most annoying person ever.

lynch WS

Villager. :D I have someone that can vouch for me if need be. (though, they should NOT come out and say it, unless I'm in danger of getting lynched. Which right now, I'm not)

Lynch Dyachei random is best I have right now.

And I see nothing wrong with LIS's "reasoning". It's pretty much the same thing as random. And that's all we have to go on right now.

The last time I saw LIS randomly picking from a specific group he was a wolf trying to deflect attention. So, Lynch LIS. I have no other ideas.

lynch nohika for calling me a ***** earlier and I have absolutely nothing to go on.

I think calling people stupid is part of her role

I'm kind of getting that vibe, too. It's been every single post of hers so far and if I'm giving the benefit of the doubt, I find it hard to believe someone would be that consistently insulting. Who knows, maybe she just woke up on the wrong side of the bed :confused:

Not much to go on and I haven't seen the show, so RNG says Alors.

OH SHT SHT SHT We lost our protector WHO IS GOING TO PROTECT NOW??!!. And Walt has no dad now! Who the fck even kills someone's dad when we just got abandoned on a freaking island?!? What the actual F wolves!!! That poor child, alone with a bunch of strangers and bad guys and weird sht.

God I'm freaking out. DON'T LYNCH ME I haven't talked to anyone in my group but I mean the reasoning is more sound than nothing. But I also think bb is suspicious I mean EVERYONE is suspicious amirite?!? Bt something just a little something extra and then she votes to lynch me and its the cherry on the Freaking SUNDAE of suspicion.

So lynch bb because you can't ignore a sundae. It would be pretty freaking delicious right about now...