**Official PASS 2024 Dental Anesthesiology Residency Interviews/Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Denteal

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Might as well start it now!

Hello everyone,
This thread is for anything related to DA application through Pass.

Good luck everybody!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Current PGY-1. Feel free to ask any questions about application, interviews etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Current PGY-1. Feel free to ask any questions about application, interviews etc.
Thanks for doing this! What should we be aiming for on cbse? Also any tips on being a good extern?

Thanks for doing this! What should we be aiming for on cbse? Also any tips on being a good extern?
CBSE is still kind of an unknown. I know many people who matched with scores anywhere from 40s-70s. As for externing, be polite and professional. Ask questions when appropriate, and if you are ever asked to help with something and don’t know how, tell them you don’t know how. Don’t just try and figure it out on your own.

CBSE is still kind of an unknown. I know many people who matched with scores anywhere from 40s-70s. As for externing, be polite and professional. Ask questions when appropriate, and if you are ever asked to help with something and don’t know how, tell them you don’t know how. Don’t just try and figure it out on your own.
Is this based off of the "old" scores with the conversion or the EPCs?
Thank you!

Are we supposed to put our CBSE score report somewhere specific on PASS or do we email it to the program directors directly?

Are we supposed to put our CBSE score report somewhere specific on PASS or do we email it to the program directors directly?
Check the ADEA PASS website under the individual programs tab. Each school seems to do it a bit differently

Anyone have any insights about Wyckoff? Doesn't look like they offer externships

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I have a question :) Could you explain what the anesthesia clerkship you did was and where you completed it at?

Hi! I have a question :) Could you explain what the anesthesia clerkship you did was and where you completed it at?
Also, I saw you mentioned you scored a 65 on CBSE. Could you talk about what resources you used or best study strategies that you feel helped you score that well? Thank you in advance!

Hi everyone, I am a DA resident at Ohio State and wanted to get the word out that we are accepting applications and will be taking 2 residents this year. Deadline is October 1st. PM if you would like to speak with one of us.

Reactions: 2 users
It was a two week hands on rotation at the university of Utah. Full time in the OR with medical attendings. It’s for medical students but they let the dental students come do it if they want

Also, I saw you mentioned you scored a 65 on CBSE. Could you talk about what resources you used or best study strategies that you feel helped you score that well? Thank you in advance!
Uworld, pathoma, first aid, sketchy videos. Uworld is the most helpful. Reading explanations and referencing the explanations in first aid and pathoma

• Care
Jacobi - Email Invitation: 9/28, Virtual Interview: Oct 23 & 24

Reactions: 2 users
Wyckoff Heights - Email Invitation 10/2, In-person Interview: Nov 3rd

NYU: email 10/2; interview Oct 24/25
Wyckoff: email 10/2; interview Nov 3

NYU: email 10/2; interview Oct 24/25
Wyckoff: email 10/2; interview Nov 3
does anyone know if all interview emails are sent out at once by a particular program or do they send them out in waves?

does anyone know if all interview emails are sent out at once by a particular program or do they send them out in waves?
I believe they usually come in waves, most should come in the next week or two. Sometimes phone call, sometimes just emails

Congratulations to everyone on the interviews! I'm a current PGY-3, feel free to shoot any questions to me in PM. Wishing everyone the best with interviews and the match. Anesthesia is a fantastic specialty!

Wyckoff - Email Invitation 10/2, In-person Interview: Nov 3rd
University of Pittsburgh - Email Invitation 10/6, Virtual Interview: Oct 20

Pittsburgh - Email Invitation 10/6, Virtual Interview: Oct 20
Barnabas - Email Invitation 10/10, In-person Interview: Oct 31
Advocate Illinois - Email Rejection 10/10

Anyone get updates from NYU, Stony, Ohio?

Pittsburgh - Email Invitation 10/6, Virtual Interview: Oct 20
Barnabas - Email Invitation 10/10, In-person Interview: Oct 31
Advocate Illinois - Email Rejection 10/10

Anyone get updates from NYU, Stony, Ohio?
NYU sent invites last week

Stony Brook interview invites were also sent and no longer extending invitations it seems.

Results are out! Congratulations to all who matched

Congratulations to everyone who matched! Can anyone who matched post your GPA and rank that you submitted on your application?

Reactions: 1 users
Is CBSE required to apply for DA residency? It was not mentioned in requirements at the programs I looked at.

It was a two week hands on rotation at the university of Utah. Full time in the OR with medical attendings. It’s for medical students but they let the dental students come do it if they want
Would I be able to send you a private message to get some information about this and how to attend?

Also, if anyone got into Wyckoff/Jacobi, and wouldn't mind me reaching out with some questions, please let me know! :)

Congrats to everyone who matched! I am applying in the next cycle. Would love to connect with you to learn about your experience, if you are open to it!

I am also applying next cycle and would love to hear feedback for interview tips, application tips, etc :) . I know CBSE is required for some schools and not others, is this being discussed more in depth regarding scores weight on the overall application?

Thank you

I am also applying next cycle and would love to hear feedback for interview tips, application tips, etc :) . I know CBSE is required for some schools and not others, is this being discussed more in depth regarding scores weight on the overall application?

Thank you
Take the CBSE, a majority of the programs require it. Yeah it sucks, but why limit yourself when there are already so few spots. It’s also not weighted super heavily unlike omfs. Many applicants scored in the 30-40% range and matched at their top programs.