*~*~*~*Official Pre-Allo Interview Lodging Thread 2012-2013*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sector9

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd start this up again because it was a GREAT idea!

DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!

1) Click "quote" on the most recent post.
2) Enter your state in the subject box.
3) Add your name and lodging accommodations.

4) Delete the quote tags at both the top and the bottom.

AL

AK

CA

DC

FL

GA

IL
NickNaylor - Chicago: U of C (10 min. free bus ride), Northwestern (~30-45 min by mass transit, 15-20 by taxi), Rush (~15-30 min by taxi, not sure how to get there by mass transit), UIC (roughly the same as Rush); pretty comfy couch, will likely have a spare bedroom by the time interviews begin; one cat and one girlfriend present

KY

MA

MD

MI

MN

MO

MS

NY mmmcdowe: NYC- On Columbia Med Campus- 168th and Broadway (If interviewing at Columbia please request student host list of other students after receiving your interview when possible), Touro-15 min subway ride, NYC/Cornell/Sinai- 45 min, Einstein- 10 minute cab ride, Right off the A and 1 line (you can take the A from JFK and there is a slightly more convoluted way of doing it from La Guardia), Comfiest couch ever.

OH

OR

PA

RI

TN

TX

VA

WA

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do students on SDN ever offer to host each other during medical school interviews? I know the expenses of traveling for interviews pile up quickly.

I am more than happy to host students interviewing at Duke and UNC this season. You'd have a private room and bathroom. I can pickup from RDU airport.

Please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM if you need a place to say in the greater Raleigh-Durham area during interview season. If I like you, I'll tell you where the best empanadas in town are. :D

I know it's school-dependent, but most schools should have a student hosting program as well. Nothing like being able to pick a current student's brain and have a place to crash for free the night before your interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I hosted through my school's student host program.

Definitely see if that exists if you are interested in hosting. It's actually pretty fun, and since I stayed at hosts' houses while interviewing, I thought I would repay the favor.

Feel free to advertise on SDN too of course, but if you are really interested, you may have more luck at your school.

I stayed with an awesome SDN member at my Case interview. :D We'd talked on Facebook a ton beforehand. She's totally cool. And it was great to have someone who knew the city and the school better than I did. Made the interview experience much better.

I stayed with an awesome SDN member at my Case interview. :D We'd talked on Facebook a ton beforehand. She's totally cool. And it was great to have someone who knew the city and the school better than I did. Made the interview experience much better.

talk talk talk

We have decided to revive the interview hosting thread concept. Feel free to volunteer your home!

Example of what to put:

" Name"NYC: Columbia, Cornell, Downstate, NYU, Mt. Sinai, AECOM accessible by public transportation. female, 2 female roommates. pull-out couch. i will make you cookies. PM for details.

NickNaylor - Chicago: U of C (10 min. free bus ride), Northwestern (~30-45 min by mass transit, 15-20 by taxi), Rush (~15-30 min by taxi, not sure how to get there by mass transit), UIC (roughly the same as Rush); pretty comfy couch, will likely have a spare bedroom by the time interviews begin; one cat and one girlfriend present

Thought I'd start this up again because it was a GREAT idea!

AL

AK

CA

DC

FL

GA

IL

KY

MA

MD

MI

MN

MO

MS

NY mmmcdowe: NYC- On Columbia Med Campus- 168th and Broadway (If interviewing at Columbia please request student host list of other students after receiving your interview when possible), Touro-15 min subway ride, NYC/Cornell/Sinai- 45 min, Einstein- 10 minute cab ride, Right off the A and 1 line (you can take the A from JFK and there is a slightly more convoluted way of doing it from La Guardia), Comfiest couch ever.

OH

OR

PA

RI

TN

TX

VA

WA

I'm going to revive this thread because I'm kind of interested. Will it be more common for this kind of thing to be arranged in the school specific threads or on here?

AL

AK

CA

DC

FL

GA

IL

KY

MA

MD

MI

MN

MO

MS

kpcrew: SUNY Buffalo

OH

OR

PA

RI

TN

TX

VA

WA

Why do all the useful things appear after my application season is over?

I'd personally be kind of intimidated to stay with NickNaylor.. I can't be the only one.

Also, you forgot HI.

Wait. Does Alaska even have a med school??:confused:

inb4axemurder. lol, all jokes aside this idea is pretty cool. thanks for starting this up

AL

AK

CA

DC

FL

GA

IL

KY

MA

MD

MI

MN

MO

MS

NC tarheel1408: UNC/Duke. I'm a senior at UNC and my apartment is a free 10 minute bus ride away from UNC Hospitals. Its also possible to take a bus over to Duke but you'd probably be better off with a cab. Male with female roommate. My couch is your couch. PM me for details.

OH

OR

PA

RI

TN

TX

VA

WA

AL

AK

CA

DC

FL

GA

IL

KY

MA

MD

MI

MN

MO

MS

NC tarheel1408: UNC/Duke. I'm a senior at UNC and my apartment is a free 10 minute bus ride away from UNC Hospitals. Its also possible to take a bus over to Duke but you'd probably be better off with a cab. Male with female roommate. My couch is your couch. PM me for details.

OH

OR

PA

RI

TN

TX
SBR249: Dallas - 5 minutes by car from UTSW; got a futon in the living room; can probably catch a ride to campus with me; male, no roommate, no pet. PM if interested.

VA

WA

DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!.
4) Delete the quote tags at both the top and the bottom..

AL

AK

CA

DC

FL

GA

IL NickNaylor - Chicago: U of C (10 min. free bus ride), Northwestern (~30-45 min by mass transit, 15-20 by taxi), Rush (~15-30 min by taxi, not sure how to get there by mass transit), UIC (roughly the same as Rush); pretty comfy couch, will likely have a spare bedroom by the time interviews begin; one cat and one girlfriend present

KY

MA

MD

MI

MN

MO

MS

OH

OR

PA

RI

TN

TX
SBR249: Dallas - 5 minutes by car from UTSW; got a futon in the living room; can probably catch a ride to campus with me; male, no roommate, no pet. PM if interested.

VA

WA

WV

Jadesto : Lewisburg, West Virginia. 2-3 minute by car from WVSOM or an easy 15 minute walk. Fancy queen air mattress and also a futon (in case family/friends are coming with you) in a somewhat private backroom. I can offer a ride to/from campus and airports (before and after class of course). I would also love to show you around or answer any questions you may have about this awesome school, whether or not you stay with me and my roommates. =)

Keywords: Student hosting lodging free cheap save ride to from travel interview interviews admissions couch current students hotel hotels motel lodge

This thread is from 2012 and will be out of date. If you'd like to host, let's have a new one started and pinned for this year!

Reactions: 1 user