*OFFICIAL* SCCP Class of 2015 MUSC Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jamill130

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be nice to start this thread for everyone who has been accepted to the SCCP MUSC campus for this coming fall semester so we can start getting to know each other. Also it can be a great place for people looking for roommates or information about apartments for those coming from out of state. I hope we can all find this and use it to help us prepare for starting school this Fall. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Good thread idea!

I was accepted last week, and I'm intending on completing the PharmD/PhD program. I'm out of state, in colorado, and i need a roommate.

MUSC is hosting a Roommate Party May 1 and June 18 (i think those dates are correct atleast), I was planning on flying out for one of them. I've looked at the both the MUSC and CL housing listings, but its still so early to try to find a place now. Anyone from Charleston familiar with the ease of finding a place to live? I was thinking that btwn MUSC and CofC, that quantity of students would make decent housing difficult and competitive to find, especially for leases starting 8/1. I also want to live downtown b/c I hate commuting.

If anyone else needs a roommate, I'd love to talk! I have a cat, but i never impose any feline responsibilities on my roomies!

In before moved to class threads section

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll join this thread too! I'm intending on the PharmD/MBA program, myself.

Housing can be a pain downtown, or at least the quantity of students (esp on parents' money) means it's a lot more expensive than across one of the bridges. You either live at least 3 to a rental, live in a "gentrifying" area, or pay $700+/person in rent (which you can still do with 3 people).

You can get a freestanding house in West Ashley or James Island for $1200 (or less, or more) and share it with a person or two. Mt Pleasant is slightly more expensive and has a less "young" crowd.

It's a personal choice. I've done both but I'm a little older now and live with my gf so that affects my lifestyle choice. Just keep an eye on whats out there so you know what might constitute a good deal.

Either way here's the places I look for rentals.
MUSC listings: http://academicdepartments.musc.edu/housing/housinglistings.html
Craigslist: http://charleston.craigslist.org/
CofC listings: http://reslife.cofc.edu/?page=offcampus&source=avrp
I've used these listings but they seem to be down right now: http://www.charlestonrealestateguide.com/rentals.php

I hope that info helps some people. I guess anyone can PM me if you have specific questions... I've moved around the area a lot and I'll try to help if I can.

Last edited:
Hey, I was part of the Jan 14th group that interviewed at MUSC (I was the guy from New Jersey). I got accepted last week and I now need to find a roomate. Im trying to live downtown

I don't undertand your post. What are you referring to?

When the thread was created, the maker put it in the wrong area and it was moved by one of the SDN mentors to Pharmacy Class Threads. its really nothing relevant.

i interviewed on january 28, 2011 and got accepted today. i will see all of you in the fall. best of luck apartment hunting.

So when can we apply for an internship license?

my pharm tech license expires in june and i don't wan to to renew it if i can get my internship license instead?

I was accepted this week and I am so excited! We thought we were going to have the move to another state. I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders. I interviewed Jan 21.
See everyone in August!!:D
PS I have lived in Charleston for over 20 years if anyone needs any advice on where things are or whatever...let me know!

Congrats ChasGal-- I'm sure that's a weight off. I was in your interview day and I'm glad there'll be another person in the class to help spread out the age range ;) (don't take that the wrong way!)

I remember you got your undergrad degree in business, are you planning to do the MBA program?

Haha. Yeah, I could probably be to room mother. LOL
Yes, I will be doing the joint MBA...would be stupid not to. Guess I need to check and make sure there is nothing additional I need to do for that. I know that Dr. Hall said they are working on getting The Citadel to accept the PCAT score instead of having to take the GRE also. But I haven't heard if that has been confirmed. How about you?

I'm also going to do the MBA program. I'm jealous that you get to skip the 4 foundation courses. Citadel is already accepting the PCAT, but they are not on Pearson's recipient list. So I emailed the PDF of my score report to Kathy Jones. I was happy not to have to give Pearson any more of my damn money!

I thought I would join in on this forum. I want to live downtown and might need a roommate. Jordan, hit me up on Facebook. I've got a couple questions for you.