***Official UNMC Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

GR8SMYL

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone! Any word yet? My application is under review.

Members don't see this ad.

Received an interview invite. Was told they just started going through applications a week ago.

Last edited:
My application says that I have been invited for an interview but I haven't received any emails. Did they email you or call you?

Members don't see this ad :)
The same was true for me earlier today so I emailed them. Got a reply saying the status was legitimate, they just haven't set dates yet. They'll email us when they figure out dates.

When were you guys complete at UNMC? And are you all in state?

The same was true for me earlier today so I emailed them. Got a reply saying the status was legitimate, they just haven't set dates yet. They'll email us when they figure out dates.
I received an email congratulating me on getting an interview request and asking me to give them a call to set up the interview. They also want a picture emailed to them.

Reactions: 1 user
I received an email congratulating me on getting an interview request and asking me to give them a call to set up the interview. They also want a picture emailed to them.

This is what I just got as well. :) I am also OOS.

Received my invite to interview! Since I interviewed a previous year, I get to interview with the entire admissions committee. Anyone else going/ gone for a second interview?

Anyone interviewing on Sept 14th???

I have my interview on Oct 30th.

Anyone want to share their interview experience?

Members don't see this ad :)
can anyone say how soon after you've been complete that you got an invite? I submitted 9/5 and trying estimate when i'll likely hear back. I'm in-state btw.

can anyone say how soon after you've been complete that you got an invite? I submitted 9/5 and trying estimate when i'll likely hear back. I'm in-state btw.
You applied pretty late... I wish you the best of luck, but my brother applied this same time last year and they had already filled all of their interview slots. He applied much earlier this year and had his interview last Friday. I really hope you hear back though. Good luck.

I submitted secondary about two weeks and received II within 2 days. The II dates that were offered to me were for late Oct and early Dec. Good luck!

You got a secondary application?

Yeah, I received the secondary two days after I was verified with AMCAS (late August). Submitted the sec and received II within 2 days and e-mail confirmation a day after.

You applied pretty late... I wish you the best of luck, but my brother applied this same time last year and they had already filled all of their interview slots. He applied much earlier this year and had his interview last Friday. I really hope you hear back though. Good luck.

Can your brother share his interview experience? I am curious to know the details. thanks! :)

Yeah, I received the secondary two days after I was verified with AMCAS (late August). Submitted the sec and received II within 2 days and e-mail confirmation a day after.
I got offered an interview without the secondary app...

Thanks everyone. Good luck to you all!

Anyone already interviewed, please share your experience. I have an interview on Oct-12

Anyone already interviewed, please share your experience. I have an interview on Oct-12
Pretty chill, more of a conversation, but they do ask you plenty of questions, some you may not have thought you would be asked. Great informational session before the interview. Dr. Vogt is awesome and free toothbrush!

Pretty chill, more of a conversation, but they do ask you plenty of questions, some you may not have thought you would be asked. Great informational session before the interview. Dr. Vogt is awesome and free toothbrush!
thanks for the information
Do they ask scenario questions?

Hey Legacy, when you said they asked questions that you didn't expect, can you remember any of those questions?

Hey Legacy, when you said they asked questions that you didn't expect, can you remember any of those questions?
Application specific questions. They asked me about my parasitology class and my favorite parasite.

This thread has been pretty quiet. How is everyone feeling? Has anyones status changed? Mine has been "Invited For Interview" since I interviewed in August.

This thread has been pretty quiet. How is everyone feeling? Has anyones status changed? Mine has been "Invited For Interview" since I interviewed in August.

My status says the same thing--i interviewed in October. I've been anxiously waiting until the 1st. Only 1 more day

Only one more really long day! Haha

Does anyone (current student?) know if UNMC is keeping the OOS scholarship to help offset the tuition difference? I've heard they were considering getting rid of it for next year.

Acceptance via email!

Wyoming resident

Reactions: 1 users
Acceptance via email!

Nebraska resident

I had a really weird email from Dr. Vogt. I neither got accepted, rejected, or waitlisted... What does it mean???

Hey! I interviewed I think in later October.
Stats were 3.5 science 3.65 overall DAT: 22 TS/24AA/21PAT

I'm sure you'll hear from them soon!! U got into Creighton?

Yes I did! I go to undergrad here so I kinda knew I was going to get in :)
Your DAT score is insane!
What other dental schools did you apply to?

I got waitlisted via email
But acceptance from Creighton

Any recommendations for east campus apartments?

Thread has been awfully quiet of late. Have there been any post Dec 1 acceptances?

The admissions committee met earlier today to decide the second round acceptances. Should be hearing something in the next couple of days if you got accepted this round. If not, this process can drag on as late as summer.