Ohio State c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m OOS and super hopeful that we hear back tomorrow 😬 fingers crossed!
I’m really not trying to cry the week of Christmas so i second this😂😂😂

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 14 users
Side note from last year as well - OOS students tended to get emails first! They received acceptances and interview invites a day or two before the IS students did. So don’t automatically freak out if you haven’t gotten anything. No news is good news ;)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 4.20.20 PM.png

I found this when googling their interview day so at least we can know when the dates are for the interviews

Reactions: 1 user
oh interesting. do you think this is an older draft considering covid? i didn't realize they were considering going forward with in-person interviews
From what I have heard from current students, they are planning on doing virtual interviews and tours due to COVID so that is probably an outdated schedule.

Reactions: 2 users
How i looked this morning in the mirror thinking we would’ve heard yesterday about interviews. We can all cry together next week :’)
568093DC-4EF4-4329-9A21-BB58F74996A2.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
The portal was shut down until Sunday so I wonder if they're going to post interviews there on Monday.

Reactions: 6 users
The portal was shut down until Sunday so I wonder if they're going to post interviews there on Monday.
Yeah wondering the same thing. When I logged on just now, it looks like the application status has something added to it based on that red one being there? But it won't allow me to go further when clicking onto due to the system maintenance that they're doing.

1608401841451.png

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I was under the impression they didn’t update the portal until we were either accepted or not, after interviews. Maybe that’s changing?? I may also be totally wrong.

They didn’t update the portal last year until acceptances/denials went out. Unless they changed it this year, the portal won’t show an interview invite. You’ll get an email.

How i looked this morning in the mirror thinking we would’ve heard yesterday about interviews. We can all cry together next week :’) View attachment 325433

honestly i had a good stress cry last night at 2am to get it out of my system. hoping maybe i won't cry for the real deal 😅

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
I know how stressful this time of year is...but I promise...before you know it, you'll be on the other side! You got this guys!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Maybe a current student can comment on this, but looking at their website, it says the OOS tuition fee has been reduced to just $5 a semester after the first year, meaning that basically all OOS students will pay IS tuition after their first year, regardless of residency? Just wanna make sure I'm reading that right! It would be awesome to automatically get IS tuition, even though I know their residency process is pretty clear and straightforward.

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe a current student can comment on this, but looking at their website, it says the OOS tuition fee has been reduced to just $5 a semester after the first year, meaning that basically all OOS students will pay IS tuition after their first year, regardless of residency? Just wanna make sure I'm reading that right! It would be awesome to automatically get IS tuition, even though I know their residency process is pretty clear and straightforward.
Not a current student there, but I did get an interview there last year. At the dinner the night before interviews, this was something the dean talked about I believe. At that point he said it was still being voted upon, so it looks like it did go through!

This is correct. Unlike when I was going through and they wanted to know every personal detail of my life to give residency, it's essentially guaranteed with a $5 out of state fee these days.

How are you guys accessing this portal? I don't know where to find that

How are you guys accessing this portal? I don't know where to find that
Go to the account the supplemental application made you create (my.osu.edu) and log in, and click on "Buckeyelink" in the top right corner

Go to the account the supplemental application made you create (my.osu.edu) and log in, and click on "Buckeyelink" in the top right corner
What does the portal do anyways?

The portal didn't change for me at least post update. We should hear something by Wednesday this week, good luck everyone and happy holidays no matter the news we get! :)

I can’t figure out how to do the portal, but I looked back and it said they would notify via email for interviews!

Yes, everyone will get emails. Essentially the portal doesn’t matter. Don’t stress guys!

I received two rejections this past week, really hoping for some good new from Ohio today 🙈😭

Reactions: 5 users
I received two rejections this past week, really hoping for some good new from Ohio today 🙈😭
Literally saying the same exact thing as I was pulling this forum up, I just got my third rejection and don't know if I can handle anymore :cryi:

Literally saying the same exact thing as I was pulling this forum up, I just got my third rejection and don't know if I can handle anymore :cryi:
Just remember, all it takes is one school! I applied to 14 schools expecting 13 rejections. Hopefully Ohio will be merciful, but if not it is what it is. Rejections don't define the person. It took my friend 3 attempts to get into vet school and now shes killing it. We just gotta stay strong :)

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Just a heads up, they said we'd hear back by the 23rd last year too but some of us didn't. Those who didn't hear were considered "interview alternates", so I ended up hearing from OSU on the 27th of last year (it was a rejection). So while I hope everyone hears the news soon, remember no news may be good news!

Reactions: 9 users
Starting to lose hope for today. Maybe tomorrow’s going to be the day! Best wishes to everyone. I’m so tired of waiting 😭

Starting to lose hope for today. Maybe tomorrow’s going to be the day! Best wishes to everyone. I’m so tired of waiting 😭
saaame i keep telling myself at least it'll be over soon 😭

saaame i keep telling myself at least it'll be over soon 😭

It will be! Promise! And before you know it, you’re a fourth year wondering where the entirety of vet school went:)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
The 23rd is quickly approaching, and it isn't helping my stress level at all, tbh.
Good luck to everyone... The wait is almost over! :horns:

Hey guys! Current first year here! Keep your head up. You guys are all going to do great! Wishing you all the best of luck 💖🙏🏻 I heard about my interview the 19 of last year and my portal didn’t update until I was accepted. So don’t lose hope!

• Love
I’m also a current first year! I know it’s hard, but try not to stress too much! The interview invites and then interviews and then vet school will come sooner than you think! Take a deep breath, try to relax as much as you can and do your best to enjoy this crazy ride! Take this time and try to spend it with your family and doing what you love before this fall when you’ll be in vet school and crazy busy:)

Come on Ohio I have mentally prepared myself for my 6th rejection. Let's just get this over with :)

Reactions: 7 users
My Gmail is going to ban me from refreshing it

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users
I'll know when emails go out because the people on this thread will tell me before I get an actual email in my inbox 😂

When I got my invite in 2016, I was super busy at work. And at the end of the day, I checked my phone and there was a text from my friend saying “CHECK YOUR EMAIL.”

So much anxiety in those moments lol.

Last edited:
  • Wow