Ohio State c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS 2nd time applicant! Worked on all of their feedback as much as I could with covid so fingers crossed!
Me too! It is going to be interesting to see how this cycle plays out. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know if/how interviews are happening this year? Ohio State is the only school I'm applying to that doesn't seem to have cancelled (or have never required) interviews. I'm an oos first time applicant :)
Ohio State's website has an update on the admissions section that states 2020-2021 cycle's in-person interviews are cancelled and will be held virtually.

Reactions: 2 users
Is there a portal page to check? I submitted my supplement and tried to login there but it’s very confusing and doesn’t seem to work. Do they communicate via email?
So, I just figured this out recently. On their portal, there is an “Application Status” box you can click on! If you don’t see the list of options, there’s two little chain links at the top of the page you can click on to get to that list of options. It was quite a ways down on mine. I hope that made sense! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So, I just figured this out recently. On their portal, there is an “Application Status” box you can click on! If you don’t see the list of options, there’s two little chain links at the top of the page you can click on to get to that list of options. It was quite a ways down on mine. I hope that made sense! Good luck!
This is true, though they don’t really update this. All communication will be done through email initially.
For example, my interview invite was never included on there. I just got an email about it with a link to sign up. My ultimate rejection was put on there eventually but not until way after the email was sent.

Reactions: 1 users
This is true, though they don’t really update this. All communication will be done through email initially.
For example, my interview invite was never included on there. I just got an email about it with a link to sign up. My ultimate rejection was put on there eventually but not until way after the email was sent.

Oh, that’s good to know! Thank you!

Does anyone know when they applied if the physiology prerequisite number of credits was 5-10? I swore it was 3 credits. They also don't have the organic chemistry anymore.

Can someone answer this for me?

I applied last year and it was 3 credits and I wanted to see if I glossed over it assuming that it was the same.

Can anyone help me with the biochemistry requirement?
Do they accept just Biochem I? I took just biochem I, finished mediocre, and planned to take principles of Biochem at a different university instead. With COVID and online classes, I decided it would be best for me to drop Principles of Biochem, but I forgot all about tOSU's biochem I and II or principles requirement. I just listed Biochem I on my application, and now I'm worried I'll be rejected for not meeting the prerequisite courses..

You won’t be rejected for not having the course completed, but if you are accepted and can’t get the course done in time then you will not be able to attend. If they have a question about your courses they will email you.

QUOTE="Nottodaysatan821, post: 22251930, member: 895420"]
Do they accept just Biochem I? I took just biochem I, finished mediocre, and planned to take principles of Biochem at a different university instead. With COVID and online classes, I decided it would be best for me to drop Principles of Biochem, but I forgot all about tOSU's biochem I and II or principles requirement. I just listed Biochem I on my application, and now I'm worried I'll be rejected for not meeting the prerequisite courses..
[/QUOTE]

This is what the website says, " If Biochemistry is taught as a 2-part sequence, both parts are required. Lab is not required. " My school only offers it as a one-part course with no lab.

Honestly I’m not sure because this is the first time I’ve applied to there

I applied last year and it was 3 credits and I wanted to see if I glossed over it assuming that it was the same.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when they applied if the physiology prerequisite number of credits was 5-10? I swore it was 3 credits. They also don't have the organic chemistry anymore.

Can someone answer this for me?

I think it's always been that way...at least it was in 2016 when I applied....but they also used to have you email your physiology syllabus so they could just check that you meet the requirements. I think the actual number of credits is less important.

I think it's always been that way...at least it was in 2016 when I applied....but they also used to have you email your physiology syllabus so they could just check that you meet the requirements. I think the actual number of credits is less important.
I applied last year and it was only 3 credits.

I was just trying to see if they changes the requirements before or after the submission deadline.

I was just trying to see if they changes the requirements before or after the submission deadline.

Can't help you there...it's been awhile since I applied. The best thing to do is just ask them.

I think it may depend on your course. Some schools break this course into a 2 part series and I have seen others offer it as a one semester course. You can always contact them to confirm.

If you took an a and p series they count that as well. Not sure if that helps.

Well i checked my vmcas application and it says they just require 3. But their website says differently so im just hoping they updated it for next year and this time is still 3.

IS, 1st time applicant, half traditional, half not traditional (military gap year and college in HS).

***HAS ANYONE RECEIVED INTERVIEW INVITES YET?***

Has anyone got an update? I can't figure out the portal! 100% not user friendly!

Reactions: 3 users
Yay update! Got this email this morning!

Attachments

• 6AA6EE95-5387-4DB8-A229-211CCF9360FE.png
    6AA6EE95-5387-4DB8-A229-211CCF9360FE.png
    178 KB · Views: 241
Reactions: 6 users
I submitted my app 9/13 and I just got the email yesterday

In OOS and got my email back in September, submitted my application August 30th! Honestly have no idea how they are going through the applications

Anyone else find it interesting that they are giving out interviews over a duration of weeks vs the traditional they usually do which is all on one day they send out invites

Anyone else find it interesting that they are giving out interviews over a duration of weeks vs the traditional they usually do which is all on one day they send out invites

Not particularly. A bunch of schools do that

Hey guys! Current first year at tOSU and thought I would give some info from last year. Interview invites went out around December 18th - there was one main wave that went out that week, with continued invitations off the waitlist through December and into January.

Reactions: 4 users
I’m thinking maybe it MIGHT (this is just my conspiracy theory) be related to when they’ll be reviewing for interviews? Like maybe the people who got the email in September will hear about interviews in December and maybe those who got it later like me will hear in January?
or it’s completely random or by VMCA number in order or something lol

Not sure how they’re doing it because I submitted 9/6, was verified 9/9 and received that email 9/16– I’m also OOS.

Reactions: 2 users
OOS state applicant. I submitted to VMCAS 8/20, verified 8/21, and received that email on 9/16.

I'm OOS, VMCAS verified my application on 9/30 and I received the email from Ohio state on 11/17