ok, im freaking out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turtlepower126

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i have not yet submitted my application.. i will be doing that by the end of this week.. just looking it over and making sure everything is all set and ready to go... i havent taken the dat yet either (i will be in a couple of weeks).. so i know that ive already reduced my chances because of my late application and DAT.. my gpa is a 3.3 and after practice dat tests, my highest hasnt reached a 20 yet..

im hoping that another part of my application will stand out to them... do you know how highly they regard letters of rec and personal statements?? please.. im up for any input.. good or bad.. what are my chances??

Members don't see this ad.

You probably have a chance at someplace like USC, NYU, or BU with your scores...I know USC interviews as late as March.

turtlepower126 said:
so i have not yet submitted my application.. i will be doing that by the end of this week.. just looking it over and making sure everything is all set and ready to go... i havent taken the dat yet either (i will be in a couple of weeks).. so i know that ive already reduced my chances because of my late application and DAT.. my gpa is a 3.3 and after practice dat tests, my highest hasnt reached a 20 yet..

im hoping that another part of my application will stand out to them... do you know how highly they regard letters of rec and personal statements?? please.. im up for any input.. good or bad.. what are my chances??

None of my practice tests - top score, kaplan, DAT acheiver got near 20 and I did Ok when i took it. ( at least I am happy with my performance ) just take it and see where you are at then. Untill then fretting is a waste of valuable energy. I am sure you will do well.
best
:D

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that letters of rec have a huge impact on admissions. A 3.3 GPA is fairly competitive. Just rock your DAT and you're set.

I too am submitting my app by the end of this week and I just can't seem to get my essay to say what i want, how i want.

so im definitely turning in my application before august ends and i know that puts me at a HUGE disadvantage... also, i havent taken my DAT, so doesnt that mean they wont even look at my application until they get my scores?? if thats true and if it does indeed take 3 weeks for my scores to get to the schools, my app would be complete in october... im worried that my chances arent good.. and i dont even think that i'll do extremely well on the dat either.. im really nervous about the whole thing and have been studying day and night.. but sometimes i dont think that im understanding all the material... im really worried about the whole thing.. wouldnt you?

A late look is better than no look. Get it in soon. It's the best you can do for this year.

Turtle - SPEED UP!! lol. Just submit it ASAP, I just turned mine in yesterday. I too was FREAKED out. I've been putting it off for two months or so. The PS took the longest, 1 week of editing, I had my lawyer help me out (also my cousin :D) My Stats are very similar to yours, 3.3ish. Just make sure to Rock your DATs.

GOOD LUCK!! :thumbup: :thumbup: