okay to use old exams?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

suckermc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i already did all my practice tests the last time and i want to know is it okay to reuse the old ones?

if not where can i get new ones? kaplan book? flowers and silver?

Members don't see this ad.

suckermc said:
i already did all my practice tests the last time and i want to know is it okay to reuse the old ones?

if not where can i get new ones? kaplan book? flowers and silver?

When you say you already did your practice exams you mean AAMC ones?

if yes there are various sources Kaplan , EK, some other less known, you would just have to look around.

medhacker said:
When you say you already did your practice exams you mean AAMC ones?

if yes there are various sources Kaplan , EK, some other less known, you would just have to look around.

i mean 6r 7r 8r all the tpr ones

Members don't see this ad :)
medhacker said:
why don't you give 3R,4R and 5R a try?

i heard 3r was too easy, 4r and 5r too outdated? i heard it is better to use the more recent ones?

You need to approximate, as much as usual, the unfamiliarity of the MCAT during your practice. Using old exams, there will always be SOMETHING that looks familiar, and how is this going to be like test day? I'd get all new practice exams. Many are available online from AAMC, Kaplan has two practice exams available at Barnes and Noble, and there are others.

mj1878 said:
You need to approximate, as much as usual, the unfamiliarity of the MCAT during your practice. Using old exams, there will always be SOMETHING that looks familiar, and how is this going to be like test day? I'd get all new practice exams. Many are available online from AAMC, Kaplan has two practice exams available at Barnes and Noble, and there are others.

can you suggest some, i am sketch about practice tests you can buy in a book store. how real are they ..i mean, close to the real thing?

Well, NONE are going to be exactly like the one you'll encounter, because there's just no way to tell beforehand. AAMC tests online are actual MCATs from past years, and so I'd say they're the most accurate. Given my choice, though, I would say to take practice tests that are more difficult than the actual test, and those are likely to be KAPLAN and EXAMKRACKERS

mj1878 said:
Well, NONE are going to be exactly like the one you'll encounter, because there's just no way to tell beforehand. AAMC tests online are actual MCATs from past years, and so I'd say they're the most accurate. Given my choice, though, I would say to take practice tests that are more difficult than the actual test, and those are likely to be KAPLAN and EXAMKRACKERS

i bought kaplin and tpr practice tests from barnes and noble. i guess ill buy the earlier aamcas ones when they come out and 9 when it is available, thanks.