OKState c/o 2023 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any recommendations on a computer or tablet for first year? I’m considering either an iPad Pro w/ pencil or a Surface Pro 6. In undergrad I mostly took handwritten notes and used my iPad Air however, I found it helpful to keep my older laptop around for things like Excel and Word.
@cdoconn loves her iPad Pro

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any recommendations on a computer or tablet for first year? I’m considering either an iPad Pro w/ pencil or a Surface Pro 6. In undergrad I mostly took handwritten notes and used my iPad Air however, I found it helpful to keep my older laptop around for things like Excel and Word.
@cdoconn loves her iPad Pro
I dooooo. I do love my iPad Pro. I use that plus the Apple Pencil plus Notability and it does everything I could want. I hardly use Excel in vet school (except for a grades calculator spreadsheet I keep religious track of) and so I actually use Google Sheets and Google Docs, because they’re free and they can easily be shared amongst different people and different devices!

Reactions: 1 users
I dooooo. I do love my iPad Pro. I use that plus the Apple Pencil plus Notability and it does everything I could want. I hardly use Excel in vet school (except for a grades calculator spreadsheet I keep religious track of) and so I actually use Google Sheets and Google Docs, because they’re free and they can easily be shared amongst different people and different devices!
That is super helpful; thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
That is super helpful; thank you so much!
You’re welcome! Let me know if there’s anything else you have any questions about, specifically OSU related questions. As @Lupin21 once pointed out, I’m getting old and irrelevant so I’m happy to help until that point happens and I graduate. :laugh:

You’re welcome! Let me know if there’s anything else you have any questions about, specifically OSU related questions. As @Lupin21 once pointed out, I’m getting old and irrelevant so I’m happy to help until that point happens and I graduate. :laugh:
This year is the first year no one was relevant to some of the app process. We all become less useful in the passing years. haha

I was not a note taker, so tablets were definitely not my thing. Clinics for sure I needed my laptop for typing charts and ordering things, so I personally would save that money used from a tablet for a nice laptop. Each person has to find their own way though, so if notability is life, I can see why iPad would be indispensable. haha

I will say though, if they are still using UVIS in the future, I certainly do not recommend surface as the UVIS window is teeny due to some incompatibility. I felt very bad for any classmates with that problem.