OMM is slowly but steadily sapping my life away. Offer me perspective: How long do I have to retain this stuff?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They brought out those plungers in the last half of the very last OMM lab we ever had. I saw them getting them out and completely stopped pretending to care. I just left.
I couldnt help just getting into the ridiculousness of it, on the practical I even asked the fellow grading me where the plunger was lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Omg wtf is a plunger and what do you use it for
I have no clue and I never will. The fact that omm was still happening in May of M2 all the way up to dedicated was already destroying my life. Now it was about to have props? I straight noped out.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhhh, yes, those True Believers. They can do a lot of damage. LMU students have told me of one who uses a plunger to demonstrate "cupping".
What if I told you that, per my somewhat trustworthy anonymous sources, that OMM professor ‘allegedly’ got kicked out of OMM residency. Guess cupping with toilet plungers is where they draw the line.

What if I told you that, per my somewhat trustworthy anonymous sources, that OMM professor ‘allegedly’ got kicked out of OMM residency. Guess cupping with toilet plungers is where they draw the line.
How does one get kicked out of an OMM residency? The only requirement of that residency is to believe really hard in OMM lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I agree that getting kicked out must have taken some work to do.
Using the Philly Plunger in place of the Texas Twist probably caused him to get cast out, it being such a violation of sacred osteopathic dogma. Mark my words, this will be the great schism of our time

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I have no idea what you guys are talking about, wth is the plunger technique? I thought cranial was bad, but since when do they use plumbing props in OPP?

Last edited:
  • Haha
I need to get the run-down on this plunger stuff! I thought my school was bad with cranial sacral jazz hands...

Plunger? Just when I thought OMTrash couldn't get any lower. Crapmans points and craniospinal quackery made the annoying to intolerable, can't imagine seeing a plunger would have done.

• Love
I remember getting that PASS on my COMLEX lvl 3 and was so glad I would never, ever, ever, ever have to touch OMM ever again. It's the absolute worst.

Reactions: 6 users
I have no idea what you guys are talking about, wth is the plunger technique? I thought cranial was bad, but since when do they use plumbing props in OPP?
An LMU grad told me of an OMT_OMM prof who was a believer in cupping. He used a plunger instead of the characteristic candle in an inverted cup.

I went into DO school with a completely open mind towards OMM and really even tried to enjoy it.

Months later and I could try no longer...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
it is a hoop to jump through just like undergraduate community service. just do it bro
This. And make no mistake, there will be plenty more hoops to jump through in your training. There will be times in residency where you’ll be missing giving your classmates the love rubs.