Omnipaque 2.0

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wondering the same thing. I think I read on here some people would dilute it down with normal saline.
I can't even get normal saline. Where do you guys get normal saline

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Wondering the same thing. I think I read on here some people would dilute it down with normal saline.
Someone chimed in that it’s not the concentration, as 180(or was it 140?) is not for IT either. Was a question about pyrogens.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can't just dilute the 350. For some reason it contains "pyrogens". What is that and why does it seem that it is added? Causes fever (best I can tell) and who the hell knows why...

8A2337D0-BDE0-4A06-8CED-1D9835DD7BBF.jpeg

Awesoneness. You know. I know.

• Love
you using mail order?

i havent tried that. usually using it for when i get back in to town, which has not been since pre-COVID...

you did go to the actual site when you went up there, right?

you'll get lots of opportunities in the next few years. i envy that...

Members don't see this ad :)
he lives in Georgia.

old habits die hard.

but he is getting in to Zingermans.

just wait until you sit down with a Zingermans Reuben. my favorite sandwich.

i know this is sacrilege, i would also say that their pastrami reuben is on par with Katz's.......

Lot of UM love on here. Used to walk there from my house during residency

Reactions: 1 users
Last edited:
For those of you unable to get contrast look into setting up an account through GE. This is the route I am going. One of the hospitals I am at has been using GE directly.

Welcome to GE Healthcare

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't read every post on here but are you sure you're supposed to refrigerate it? There are specific temperature ranges for storage of different medications/reagents/dyes, etc. and I believe the one for omnipaque is room temperature.

If I were found to store any item incorrectly for my lab, the CLIA inspector would flag me for it and I could possible lose my certification.

I didn't read every post on here but are you sure you're supposed to refrigerate it? There are specific temperature ranges for storage of different medications/reagents/dyes, etc. and I believe the one for omnipaque is room temperature.

If I were found to store any item incorrectly for my lab, the CLIA inspector would flag me for it and I could possible lose my certification.
Pretty sure.

Everyone good on Omnipaque now? We’ve been told it’s back in stock so the staff want to go back to wasting the 18 cc I don’t use in each vial…

Everyone good on Omnipaque now? We’ve been told it’s back in stock so the staff want to go back to wasting the 18 cc I don’t use in each vial…
U waste 18cc with each epidural?

as of right now, still rationing, but thats only because changes to hospital systems are sometimes slow to respond...

We still can't get our normal supply. We did order off the secondary market at 10x the cost and also got a shipment of a different concentration. But definitely not back to normal.

We are getting supply trays with lidocaine and have gotten a few shipments of lidocaine 1% ampules. We can't get the larger vials, 2%, 4%, or with epi at all.

Anyone have a good source for lidocaine with epi? Mckesson is out(at least for me)