On call reading Jet's pearls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MirrorTodd

It's a gas.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Love reading those old SDN threads. I'm currently down the rabbitt hole with 5 other tabs open talking about old cool cases and little tricks to make life easier for this ole baby CA1. I get a lot of humbling perspective reading those old posts even while feeling like a boss sliding epidurals in here on OB. I used info I read on here for the last epidural I placed....needle in back...easy loss at like 4-4.5 cm didn't want to believe it cause the lady is on the thicker side of women. Took my hands off the needle and saw it was crooked in her back. Tried to finesse it a coupla more times with that continued just weird loss that didn't quite feel right...and never really FELT like I was engaged in the ligament with good resistance. Went up a level and got the FEELING...that resistance on the plunger telling me I was engaged, then popped it in smooth. I love everything about this job, I love that I walk into the hospital smiling, I love that my hands are getting better and better at telling me just where the hell I am in the body, and I love the knowledge I'm getting every day. Want to say to all the residents out there struggling with the long tunnel...remember that this juice is worth the squeeze.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Learned alot of tips and tricks from this forum, and that really separated me from the pack even among my cohorts. People always asked "where did you learn that or figure that idea" lol

Learned alot of tips and tricks from this forum, and that really separated me from the pack even among my cohorts. People always asked "where did you learn that or figure that idea" lol

Lemme guess. You were like “I learned it from SaltyDog. That dude’s a BOSS!”

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You cant lose resistance you didnt have in the first place!

Dont even bother connecting lor syringe until properly engaged (when youre good)

When youre really, really good dont even bother with lor syringe at all. Just thread the touhy like an iv

Dont even bother connecting lor syringe until properly engaged (when youre good)

When youre really, really good dont even bother with lor syringe at all. Just thread the touhy like an iv

B23D2BE1-1EDD-4830-9070-A8E781628171.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

I do agree that after having done many epidurals, with a firm ligament you often know your in the space just by the feel of the needle.

Sometimes not as much though.

I really do miss that guy. I agree we had some great discussions back then. I liked his approach to anesthesia and making things a well oiled machine.

Love reading those old SDN threads. I'm currently down the rabbitt hole with 5 other tabs open talking about old cool cases and little tricks to make life easier for this ole baby CA1. I get a lot of humbling perspective reading those old posts even while feeling like a boss sliding epidurals in here on OB. I used info I read on here for the last epidural I placed....needle in back...easy loss at like 4-4.5 cm didn't want to believe it cause the lady is on the thicker side of women. Took my hands off the needle and saw it was crooked in her back. Tried to finesse it a coupla more times with that continued just weird loss that didn't quite feel right...and never really FELT like I was engaged in the ligament with good resistance. Went up a level and got the FEELING...that resistance on the plunger telling me I was engaged, then popped it in smooth. I love everything about this job, I love that I walk into the hospital smiling, I love that my hands are getting better and better at telling me just where the hell I am in the body, and I love the knowledge I'm getting every day. Want to say to all the residents out there struggling with the long tunnel...remember that this juice is worth the squeeze.

Could you please post links to some of his best threads? Or his username? Did a quick search but couldn't find him.
"Walking into the hospital smiling" is something I dream about