On the 10th of December, I opened my mailbox and found:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Vitaminka

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A Rejection from Dartmouth, not nothing afterall!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I know the feeling. But hey, at least it wasn't like December 9th, when I opened the mailbox and received a rejection. Tomorrow is a new day...

Dr.Vitaminka said:

Try to be hopeful!......as for me, i got put on the alternate list at mt. sinai, one of my top choices. :(

Sad day, sad day. I think i'm the first one on SDN to be put on the waitlist (for mount sinai) this year. how fun.

But alas, there are other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
A big fat rejection! :( hopefully the rest of the month will produce better days

Yep!! Me, too! Georgetown finally gave me the honor of rejection me...

Oh well, the only reason I wanted to go there was that it was close to home... It's my second rejection and it's wierd because it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as the first one... Does anyone else feel this way?

yep. cornell here. grrrrr....

I got rejected from Dartmouth too! Can't say it bothered me in the least, though.

my second interview invite of the season after a week of rejections. Finally something nice for Christmas

MedicineBird said:
my second interview invite of the season after a week of rejections. Finally something nice for Christmas

Having a bad christmas just because of rejection sucks. Congrats. :luck: :luck: :luck:

DetectiveChubby said:
Having a bad christmas just because of rejection sucks. Congrats. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Okay I was being a bit melodramatic.. :p Thanks Chubbs. Oh and I guess **technically** it's Hannukah. :D

All I got was one of those missing persons cards.

...two bills for my boxmate that have been in there for a freakin' month. Grrrr.

maygirl said:
Try to be hopeful!......as for me, i got put on the alternate list at mt. sinai, one of my top choices. :(

Sad day, sad day. I think i'm the first one on SDN to be put on the waitlist (for mount sinai) this year. how fun.

good luck with sinai, when did you interview?

victoria's secret catalog and a coupon for bath and bodyworks

Damnit Jim! said:
victoria's secret catalog and a coupon for bath and bodyworks

a crapload of "mailbox values" and nothing else....

for you guys who (sadly) got rejected from dartmouth and georgetown, when did you interview? i'm going psychotic with friends and family continually asking me, "have you heard anything lately????"....

I received a bank statement and an offer for 15% of an oil change at Jiffy Lube with missing people on the other side.

maygirl said:

Ur definitely right about that. I am sure ull get into some of ur other top choices. But when did u interview there?

scoops418 said:
Ur definitely right about that. I am sure ull get into some of ur other top choices. But when did u interview there?

i tried not to answer this question when someone asked me this before (because I'm trying not to think about it), but since i'll probably get a million pms if i don't ....... I interviewed in mid-November - 3rd week, to be exact.

Yeah, they apparently really didn't want me - otherwise, i wouldn't have been put on the waiting list so damn fast.

Yes, i'm really down on myself - i will get over it soon.