On Waitlists: A Return to Middle School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freaker

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Remember back in the day before cell phones? Before cars? Remember that hottie you'd called, left a message, and sat there agonizing by the phone trying to do homework wondering if he/she was going to return your call?

And you couldn't just go out and ignore it because you might only get one call. And you were in middle school and the world ended if you didn't get that one girl. :laugh: (and girls were worse about this than guys, but hey, we did it, too. Or at least I did.)

Well, that's what these waitlists have reduced me to at this point. I'm clutching my phone, jumping at every ring, and sitting here cursing chants under my breath about what's taking so long. Maybe I'll just put on some inspiring music on in the background and daydream about the phone ringing, about me being all cool and suave on the end of the line. Only thing is, I'm actually clutching a cellphone, so this #@$#$#$##$@%^@$#% follows me EVERYWHERE.

May 16th and counting...

heh. The insanity sets in...

Members don't see this ad.

freaker said:
Remember back in the day before cell phones? Before cars? Remember that hottie you'd called, left a message, and sat there agonizing by the phone trying to do homework wondering if he/she was going to return your call?

And you couldn't just go out and ignore it because you might only get one call. And you were in middle school and the world ended if you didn't get that one girl. :laugh: (and girls were worse about this than guys, but hey, we did it, too. Or at least I did.)

Well, that's what these waitlists have reduced me to at this point. I'm clutching my phone, jumping at every ring, and sitting here cursing chants under my breath about what's taking so long. Maybe I'll just put on some inspiring music on in the background and daydream about the phone ringing, about me being all cool and suave on the end of the line. Only thing is, I'm actually clutching a cellphone, so this #@$#$#$##$@%^@$#% follows me EVERYWHERE.

May 16th and counting...

heh. The insanity sets in...

I am the same way and its driving me crazy!!!