Online classes? Prerequisite for college level chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biochem pre- med

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Greetings to all! I wanted to know if taking a chemistry pre college course online would look bad on a college resume. It is a pre-req course that i need to take to receive credit to be able to enroll in general chemistry 1. I did not do well in high school and i need to take it. I am currently at a community college. Please give advice i really want to hear from you all

Members don't see this ad.

If its a a pre-college course, why would it be on your resume? It is remedial course that will be on your college transcript?
Since you have to have general chem as a med school prereq, it would seem you have no choice but to take the pre-chem online
The pre-chem isnt a prereq so it really doesnt matter to med schools
So as long I take my prerequisites (gen chem 1 and 2, etc)in person i should be fine? What about some electives like sociology and humanities

Members don't see this ad :)
Some med schools have sociology or humanities as pre reqs and might not allow online courses. All dependent on the med school.

Greetings to all! I wanted to know if taking a chemistry pre college course online would look bad on a college resume. It is a pre-req course that i need to take to receive credit to be able to enroll in general chemistry 1. I did not do well in high school and i need to take it. I am currently at a community college. Please give advice i really want to hear from you all

It is not a problem to take a pre-requisite course. As with most things, always be prepared to answer the question "Why?" if asked. An answer such as desiring a good foundation is perfectly acceptable.

Reactions: 1 user