Opinion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

looneytune

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I am a long time lurker, first time poster. I was wondering if I could get your opinion of my chances on acceptance. I've already submitted my app and it has been verified by AMCAS. Here are my stats:

cGPA: 3.22
sGPA: 3.10
MCAT: 30Q

I applied URM (Puerto Rican). Aside from the usual volunteering and shadowing experiences, I do have done some extensive research with a publication that should be coming out shortly (if it is approved, hopefully). I am also a preacher at a church in Tampa. I have worked part-time throughout college for 20 hours a week to support myself, and will continue to do so until I finish in May and have awesome letters of rec thus far. These are the schools I have applied to thus far:

FSU
UF
FIU
USF
UCF
UM
UIC-Chicago
Chicago-Pritzker
Loyola
Columbia
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
Georgetown
Uniformed Services

If you guys have any other suggestions as to which schools I should apply to, I'd love to hear them. I am also considering applying to OSU for their MEDPATH program and Georgetown Gems if not accepted anywhere this year. You guys rock and good luck to everyone this app cycle. God Bless.

If you speak spanish, apply to the puerto rican schools.

Hey guys! I am a long time lurker, first time poster. I was wondering if I could get your opinion of my chances on acceptance. I've already submitted my app and it has been verified by AMCAS. Here are my stats:

cGPA: 3.22
sGPA: 3.10
MCAT: 30Q

I applied URM (Puerto Rican). Aside from the usual volunteering and shadowing experiences, I do have done some extensive research with a publication that should be coming out shortly (if it is approved, hopefully). I am also a preacher at a church in Tampa. I have worked part-time throughout college for 20 hours a week to support myself, and will continue to do so until I finish in May and have awesome letters of rec thus far. These are the schools I have applied to thus far:

FSU
UF
FIU
USF
UCF
UM
UIC-Chicago
Chicago-Pritzker
Loyola
Columbia
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
Georgetown
Uniformed Services

If you guys have any other suggestions as to which schools I should apply to, I'd love to hear them. I am also considering applying to OSU for their MEDPATH program and Georgetown Gems if not accepted anywhere this year. You guys rock and good luck to everyone this app cycle. God Bless.

When did u apply?

I just became complete at all of the schools as of two days ago. Had to wait on one final rec. letter for about 2 extra weeks -_- I know my chances are pretty slim for this cycle and I have accepted that fact. If I don't get in this cycle, I am going to retake the MCAT and do an SMP, Gems or MEDPATH (depending on where I get in) and apply at the same time. Hopefully that will be enough of a "push." And web2linc, thanks for the suggestion. I had given it some thought, as I am fluent in Spanish, but I don't think I'm fluent enough to learn biochem in Spanish, let alone all of the other courses.... it's hard enough in English as it is lol.