Optomcas transcript request forms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drumstix

Got room for 1 more if you still wanna go to Aspen
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Is there any way to have the transcript request forms sent to the schools "remotely"? Lets say you don't live in the same state or city where you took a class at some college one time, how the heck are you supposed to physically get to the registrar's office of that school and purchase a transcript AND give them that form? A lot of schools have online purchasing which is very convenient, but OptomCAS's "request forms" that "have to accompany the transcripts" is completely dumb and makes it very difficult to work out with daily work schedules and so on.

Any advice? Anybody else experienced this?

Members don't see this ad.

My main university I attended does the online ordering. On the website you order them there is an option to upload any forms that need to be sent along with the transcript. You also have to print out a page and sign it then scan it back to the computer and upload it, that way they have your signature on file. It was a lot of work considering my printer and scanner were giving me trouble. Haha. Another school I took a summer class at had me print off a transcript request from online and then I faxed it along with the OptomCas sheet to them. Hope this helps some!

My main university I attended does the online ordering. On the website you order them there is an option to upload any forms that need to be sent along with the transcript. You also have to print out a page and sign it then scan it back to the computer and upload it, that way they have your signature on file. It was a lot of work considering my printer and scanner were giving me trouble. Haha. Another school I took a summer class at had me print off a transcript request from online and then I faxed it along with the OptomCas sheet to them. Hope this helps some!

Thank you! That helped a lot, I will have to contact the different schools and see if they have some kind of system like your university where I can either fax in a form or upload one online while ordering it. I hope they do because I don't want to have to get on a horse and travel the distance like I'm delivering a letter to George Washington about the Redcoats -- lol that's how arcane it seems to me to have to physically take this one form to one school a hundred miles away for one class I took ten years ago. But hopefully it doesn't have to come to that!:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not live near my schools anymore. All you need to do is go to a post office. My colleges had a transcript request pdf that I had to fill out and print. I mailed the request, the optomcas request, and a check. Mycollege processed it very quickly and sent the form with my transcript to optomcas.

Hi guys I need help with this. I've printed out my download request forms now do I need to take them to my college and order my transcripts and give them the form? Will they do it for me or will I have to pick up the official transcript and Mail myself? I'm confused please help

Hi guys I need help with this. I've printed out my download request forms now do I need to take them to my college and order my transcripts and give them the form? Will they do it for me or will I have to pick up the official transcript and Mail myself? I'm confused please help
Your college has to send the transcripts directly to optomcas. Mine has a online request website. Call your college and ask them about that. You will put in the request that transcript will be sent to optomcas and pay a fee for that. Hope it helps.

thank you! guys, I just submitted my application right now. I'm a littler nervous because two out of four of my LOR's haven't been filled out yet. I contacted my professors in hopes they will submit them. if they don't, will my application be incomplete? also, the deadline for my school (IAUPR) is may 30th, I've scheduled my OAT exam for June 29th. Will this be a problem ? Please help! thank you

First off, you don't need to post the same exact thing in 4 different threads. This is just my opinion, but I don't know why a school would accept someone for this cycle who isn't taking the OAT until June 29th. If I were you I would wait and apply next cycle, which opens in July. You'll have much better chances of being accepted.

They Course doesn't start until August, thats why. I don't want to waste another year waiting that is why I applied this cycle already.

They Course doesn't start until August, thats why. I don't want to waste another year waiting that is why I applied this cycle already.
That would be too late, the new cycle start July 1st. Do you think they have time to look back for last year applicant once the new cycle begin. All schools dong start til august but most of them have their class profile done already.

Reactions: 1 user
should i try rescheduling and just taking it earlier?

You should call the school and ask. I would bet most every school already has a long waitlist. They should be able to advise you.

should i try rescheduling and just taking it earlier?
Are you prepare to take the test early? The test is $330 and you have to pay more to reschedule. If you won't do well, there is 90 days wait period and another 330 to retake. Weight your options wisely.