Ordering from McKesson at CVS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RockChalkPharm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering the steps you need to take to complete the daily order from McKesson at CVS. I know you can start doing it 1.5h before order deadline. But, just wondering which options you select in the gun to get the ball rolling and complete the order.

Members don't see this ad.

I just do quick order. I click and that's that.

I'm talking about the daily order where you do the system generated cycle counts blah blah blah... I just don't understand the sequence of tasks to do the order.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well we use Cardinal at our CVS... but somewhere under rx aim there will be two options. "Outside vendor order process" and "generate order". Outside vendor order process will make you do cycle counts and at the end you can press "Y" twice to accept the order. Next you select "generate order" and it apparently generates it (though if you do "generate order" before doing these cycle counts it works too... so I'm not even sure what the deal is with this or when you are technically supposed to generate it). At this point the order should have transmitted to the outside vendor ordering page under rxnet. I then make sure everything in the QI and anything written down throughout the day to order is included in the order and send it. Usually I have to manually add a few to several items depending on the size of the QI. You can search the items to add to the order by the NDC.

Last edited:
Usually techs take care of it. Just wondering when is the deadline for ordering? I believe it's 9pm?

We've ordered much later (we use to close at 10pm) and still got our stuff. I think I've placed it at 11pm and still gotten it.

I'm on the east coast and u need to have it done by 8pm; 8:15 at the latest to get it next day and if it's a special order (no substitutions/non preferred) needs to be done by 7pm... This is for Cardinal btw