Organic Biochemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mrs.Buckeye1992

Queen of the World.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Probably not. My school offered an organic chemistry for nursing students that was a 100 level class. However, it didn't count for the pre-med organic chemistry requirement. I can't imagine many med-schools counting a 100 level orgo class as the real deal.

Members don't see this ad :)
What about for a Biochem pre req?

Highly likely not... though the best way to find out is to contact a school or aacomas....
Biochem is normally a 400 level class.
If people can take that 100 level class to satisfy biochem requirement, why in the world would anyone take the 400 level biochem....

It was taken at a strictly nursing school with a set curriculum. 100 level signals it is taken first year

Yea we have a similar class for nurses at my university. I can tell you there is a 99.99% chance it doesn't count toward any pre-reqs needed for med school. It may count as a science class though.

It's an allied health course that is watered down on both the orgo and biochem side of things. Won't count for anything, just like my cardiopulmonary anatomy and physiology courses didn't count as science courses.