P/F organic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PA_dud3

PA-S1
Moderator Emeritus
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

So my school just instituted optional pass/fail, and I had no intention of using it but I just took my Orgo 2 mid term and got an 80. Im not sure if there is a curve or not, but I also got an 89 on my last one. There is a grade replacement policy, but to get an A in the class I would need to get mid to low 90s on the next two exams assuming there is no curve on this one, and I'm not too sure I can. I am not worried about getting a B, I would prefer not to due to my All A's thing, but what really worries me is the possibility of getting a C. Would it be worth it to consider P/F, or would an isolated C (at worst) not sink my app? I have not been really adjusting to online classes well, and I'm still trying to get my mental health in order, so I apologize if this sounds neurotic.

Thanks for any help

Members don't see this ad.

I do not think P/F grade is acceptable for a pre-reg. Call one of the medical schools you will be applying to and ask them.

Reactions: 1 user
B for organic looks much better than P. Like what Noodlez said P may not even be accepted at med schools
If you received 89 and 80 for the two orgo exams, it's fairly certain you'll get something within that range or better, as long as you spend some extra time studying for that third test

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
P is not acceptable for pre-reqs. You must have minimum C in all the pre-reqs.