This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MissSuccess

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am wondering if anyone has taken Orgo 2 online through the University of New England. What would you suggest or recommend as preparation for the exams and labs?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Check with the programs you intend to apply to, most don't accept online courses (especially for math/sci)

Members don't see this ad :)
I may be wrong, but do pharmacy schools require labs to be in person?

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Hello,

It all depends on the pharmacy school you're going to. Mine actually recommended this online orgo 2 course. The virtual lab and experiments performed in this course are almost identical to an actual university lab. It is accredited and counts as lab credit, so I don't see why any pharmacy school would not allow it.

Check with the programs you intend to apply to, most don't accept online courses (especially for math/sci)

Absolutely. Keeping in touch with your program/school of choice is KEY. They are all different!

Why is that?
For the purposes of getting into pharmacy school, if the specific school you want to attend recommended the course that is fine.

For the purposes of actually understanding the procedural challenges in Orgo Lab, the virtual labs offered can not come close to the real thing. The online labs offered by UNE are performed with Virtual ChemLab Organic Synthesis and Qualitative Analysis which is at version 2.5 at the latest. Don't confuse this with v.4.5 for the General Chemistry Virtual ChemLab. You can watch this video of someone using the Virtual ChemLab you'll be using. Even though the video is six years old, he is using the latest version of the software, v.2.5.

If you're great at Orgo Lecture, you'll probably be able to get past the heavier Orgo Chem emphasis of the new PCAT if you haven't already taken the old PCAT. If you're someone that struggled with Orgo I, in Orgo II you will be competing with hundreds of other students to get a meaningful amount of the instructor's attention in office hours.

Last edited: