Orgo II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baylormed

On the Search
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:scared: I got a C+ in orgo 2, so I'm scared.
Apparently I underestimated the final and ended up lowering my B to a C+ (we took that ACS standardized test).
The thing is, my GPA for the semester is still 3.71, because I got A's in everything else: organic lab, genetics, genetics lab, physics, and my social science.
Chemistry has always been my least favorite (I have mostly B+'s), but I have straight A's in Bio and Physics (except a B in bio 1), and two B's and one A in math.

What do you guys think? I do not feel like this grade is reflective of the rest of my transcript. I had a bad professor who was very unwilling to help me, and I actually feel that I know more than I scored on the final.

Members don't see this ad.

i think the consensus is that one (or even a few) C's won't keep you from getting into med school. I think its obvious that the C is not reflective of your overall work ethic. I suppose the most important thing is that you learn something from it. You now know that you have to respond differently next time if you are ever in this some situation (a professor who is not very helpful).

good luck.

MissMary said:
i think the consensus is that one (or even a few) C's won't keep you from getting into med school. I think its obvious that the C is not reflective of your overall work ethic. I suppose the most important thing is that you learn something from it. You now know that you have to respond differently next time if you are ever in this some situation (a professor who is not very helpful).

good luck.

Thanks. I have great experience (I've worked as a medical assistant, volunteered at a hospital for 1 year, and I've worked part-time as a marketing assistant all my undergrad years, plus NSCS and Hall Leadership Team in my dormitory), and I am 100% bilingual in Spanish.
I have also two minors. Hopefully the couple of C's I have won't affect me too much!!!!!!!!!!

Paranoia is kicking in.... :scared: :mad: :smuggrin: :eek: :eek: :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
A 3.7 is definitely fine. However if the ACS standardized test dropped your grade, you should be seriously reviewing orgo before the MCAT. In my orgo II class, that standardized one was the easiest test I ever saw in orgo I or II (and they are the type of questions you would see on the MCAT).

The thing is, it's not that I found the material hard, it's that I had so much going on with all my other sicience classes and my job that I sort of did not study. Had I studied I could have made even an A. And as I said before, not a very good teacher.