*Ortho 2006 interviews*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any one knows how many people were invited for interview at Columbia?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anybody else gotten really strong "hints" from the schools they interviewed that the program is very interested in you? I know the programs and the applicants aren't supposed to "make any commitments regarding ranking intentions or offers" outright but it seems some try to give you a strong indication of interest. For example, of the programs I interviewed, I heard nothing from several except a simple thank you and then others called the authors of my reference letters for more information about me....indirectly indicating high interest in me as an applicant. Anyway, just curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody know anything about BU interviews

Has anybody else gotten really strong "hints" from the schools they interviewed that the program is very interested in you? I know the programs and the applicants aren't supposed to "make any commitments regarding ranking intentions or offers" outright but it seems some try to give you a strong indication of interest. For example, of the programs I interviewed, I heard nothing from several except a simple thank you and then others called the authors of my reference letters for more information about me....indirectly indicating high interest in me as an applicant. Anyway, just curious.

I've received high interest from just about every program. I just chalk it up to me being a stellar applicant.

I've received high interest from just about every program. I just chalk it up to me being a stellar applicant.

You rock, Helico. I wish I could be like you. My Mama wishes I could be like you too.

Who knows what you can trust and what you can read further into.

You're either joking or you're a stellar weenie. Most of us don't talk about ourselves as stellar applicants, though most of us were or are.

Gavin's right. You never know what anyone is really thinking unless you have built up good relationships at your home school and they talk to you openly and truthfully.

If I remember correctly, a kid last ortho cycle mouthed off (or at least came across that way to some) about the # of interviews he had, etc. The same fellow didn't initally match. I believe he got taken by an unnamed program postmatch. He was fortunate to get in. Any tone like that doesn't generate a lot of good will from your colleagues.

any comment will be appreciated!

What time on Nov 29 should we expect the big email on the West Coast? :wow:

My West Coast fellow residents said they received theirs ~ 6-7am.

Haha...i caught the sarcasm (it was sarcasm right...i hope!!!)....we don't want anyone to get jpollei'd this year now do we!!!!!!

well to answer the question, i didn't get any vibes either way. i'm just ranking based on my interests.....although i did that last yr and didn't quite work out!!! so i guess we shall see....