Osteopathic Profession Transforming Chinese Medical System

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EastWestN2grt

White Coat, Raised Fist!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dont believe i have seen this mentioned anywhere on this forum yet. Anyways, I found this very interesting video on Youtube.

This is a quick synopsis of what its all about:

"The Chinese government approached the American Osteopathic Foundation and Heart to Heart International for help in reforming their current system of primary care medicine. The AOF needed help getting the word out, so they approached SolidLine Media."....I guess this is the video produced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVdccQpVDgk

This sounds like a pretty intriguing opportunity for the profession.

The largest country in the world, with the largest population transforming their whole medical system, and their physicians being re-trained as primary care physicians by the American Osteopathic profession. Very intriguing!.......

Members don't see this ad.

I actually did see this on the forum somewhere... I can't for the life of me remember which thread or sub-forum. I'm fascinated, it's got me interested in learning Chinese again.

Prior to entering DO school I studied Oriental Medicine/Acupuncture and I could see how these two would correlate pretty well. Granted, they're still a world apart but it makes sense if you're going to start somewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
Prior to entering DO school I studied Oriental Medicine/Acupuncture and I could see how these two would correlate pretty well. Granted, they're still a world apart but it makes sense if you're going to start somewhere.

Hey! I got my degree in TCM/Acupuncture as well! Its great to know there are a few of us around. I know another guy aka Dr. Phil in the SDN community is also an acupuncturist. he even finished his DAOM, and just got accepted to Touro NY.

This, I feel, provides a great opportunity to those of us who are trained in both Chinese Med and Osteopathic med because we are already integrating the two medical systems, which is what is going to happen in China.

I look forward to hearing more about this development in the future!!:thumbup:

When I was in medical school, and a OMM fellow, we had a Chinese delegation come visit. They were very interested in OMM and the various osteopathic theories about the autonomic nervous system's role in health and disease. I think that some of these ideas are pretty intuitive in the East.

Anyone know of a good resource that details AT Still's methodology in forming the techniques of OMM? I would like to read how he exactly created them, the extent of outside influence, the manner in which he discovered "tug-here-and-this-happens", etc.