Program-Specific Info / Q's OT Cycle 19-20: Illinois Schools, Rush, UIC, Midwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTOTOT98

Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread for these schools this cycle so I thought I would start a new one. I know people are starting to hear back from Rush and Midwestern now. Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do you know when they start sending acceptance letters for UIC? I haven't heard anything about their timeline.

Do you know when they start sending acceptance letters for UIC? I haven't heard anything about their timeline.
From what I've heard, they start letting applicants know around December, but it's usually only the ones that are forsure accepted or denied. Everyone else will know by Mid-March

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't seen a thread for these schools this cycle so I thought I would start a new one. I know people are starting to hear back from Rush and Midwestern now. Good luck to everyone applying!

I haven’t heart back from Midwestern IL only Midwestern AZ! I think UIC usually starts sending offer letters like late December. Has anybody heard from elmhurst or governors state??

Last year I was accepted to UIC and I found out two weeks after I submitted my application! It was mid December.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey! Has anyone tried calling schools for updates? I’m not sure if anyone has before? Do schools like if we call or do they think it’s annoying?

Did anyone else get an email tonight from UIC reminding to submit fall grades to OTCAS? I already submitted my grades (and requested my transcripts to be sent as soon as possible this weekend) but am getting stupidly nervous that it wasn't a universal automatic email and that I screwed up the academic update or something. I don't know if they can see the non verified info before my transcripts are received and its verified either. lol im just jittery cause its first thing hearing anything from them.

Did anyone else get an email tonight from UIC reminding to submit fall grades to OTCAS? I already submitted my grades (and requested my transcripts to be sent as soon as possible this weekend) but am getting stupidly nervous that it wasn't a universal automatic email and that I screwed up the academic update or something. I don't know if they can see the non verified info before my transcripts are received and its verified either. lol im just jittery cause its first thing hearing anything from them.
I also got the email! I think its just an automatic email because I submitted my academic update earlier in the month. I don't think anything to worry about as long as you've updated the grades and submitted an official transcript from your university.

Has anyone heard from Midwestern? I applied in the beginning of December

Has anyone heard from Midwestern? I applied in the beginning of December

I haven't either! I applied in October and haven't heard anything back. However, I applied at the Midwestern in AZ at the same time and heard back that same week. I actually emailed Midwestern, IL two times now asking for an update and both times they said the exact same thing. They said something along the lines like your application is complete and is under consideration.

Did anyone else apply to Elmhurst??

Has anyone heard from Lewis University yet?

I got accepted to Lewis in December! I was surprised that they got back to me pretty fast. I was asking few questions to Nancy via email and she told me that I was considered as an early applicant (which I did not know of). For regular applicants, I think they will hear back little later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do u mind if I ask What your stats were for Lewis?
I got accepted to Lewis in December! I was surprised that they got back to me pretty fast. I was asking few questions to Nancy via email and she told me that I was considered as an early applicant (which I did not know of). For regular applicants, I think they will hear back little later.

I haven’t heart back from Midwestern IL only Midwestern AZ! I think UIC usually starts sending offer letters like late December. Has anybody heard from elmhurst or governors state??
I know this is late, but I heard from Governors state the week of thanksgiving!

I was part of yesterday’s interview round at Rush and I received an acceptance from them this morning! It asks for a deposit by Feb 24.

I was part of yesterday’s interview round at Rush and I received an acceptance from them this morning! It asks for a deposit by Feb 24.
Congratulations on your acceptance!! I also was accepted to Rush. Do you think you will be attending? I'm debating between programs right now.

Has anybody heard from UIC? or from Elmhurst? I know elmhurst had a couple of group interviews about two weeks ago

Congratulations on your acceptance!! I also was accepted to Rush. Do you think you will be attending? I'm debating between programs right now.

I’m really not sure! I have an interview at BU next month and was also accepted to VCU, so I’m trying to weigh all the options. VCU would be a little closer to home for me but I thought the info session yesterday at Rush was really well done. They seem like they have a great community feeling within the program!

Has anybody heard from UIC? or from Elmhurst? I know elmhurst had a couple of group interviews about two weeks ago
I just heard back! It looks like they have already filled their program seats. I am on the waitlist.

Same here - haven’t heard anything since I interviewed on the 10th
Oh okay, well that makes me feel a little bit better lol. I've just seen a couple of posts about people already receiving information of acceptance or "top 25 waitlist"

I was put on their top 25 waitlist. I am not really sure what that means or if it is very promising for admissions though. Have you heard back?

I am still waiting to hear back from UIC, but not expecting anything until March 15!
I am feeling super nervous to hear from them. I do not think I will be getting in, but staying hopeful!

Best of luck to you :)

I was also accepted in the top 25 waitlist for elmhurst. I didn’t apply to UIC. Has anyone heard from Midwestern?

I was put on their top 25 waitlist. I am not really sure what that means or if it is very promising for admissions though. Have you heard back?

I am still waiting to hear back from UIC, but not expecting anything until March 15!
I am feeling super nervous to hear from them. I do not think I will be getting in, but staying hopeful!

Best of luck to you :)
Do you two mind sharing your stats?

Has anyone applied to Lewis university?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you two mind sharing your stats?

GPA: 3.9
Prerequisite: 4.0
GRE: low I got a 151 on V 144 on Q and 4 on AW
Shadowing: 40 hours in behavioral OT 40 hours peds in kenya 20 hours school setting

Volunteer: community center with seniors (assist w technology, workout classes), research lab, community development in Laos, and medical outreach in Kenya

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I haven't heard from Midwestern but I did apply in December. From what I've read it doesn't seem like anyone that applied after the initial fall interview date has heard anything besides their application is under review.

I haven't heard from Midwestern but I did apply in December. From what I've read it doesn't seem like anyone that applied after the initial fall interview date has heard anything besides their application is under review.
I know right! I am surprised that their program isn't full yet.

Anyone else been experiencing radio silence from Rush? I interviewed early December and still haven't heard anything. I assume I'm on the waitlist, I just figured I would have heard prior to their "mid-Feb" notification date since I interviewed so early haha. I did get accepted to Elmhurst though!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else been experiencing radio silence from Rush? I interviewed early December and still haven't heard anything. I assume I'm on the waitlist, I just figured I would have heard prior to their "mid-Feb" notification date since I interviewed so early haha. I did get accepted to Elmhurst though!

Congratulations on getting accepted to Elmhurst!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I was also accepted in the top 25 waitlist for elmhurst. I didn’t apply to UIC. Has anyone heard from Midwestern?
I just heard back for an interview invite from midwestern. I applied back in October and didn't hear from them since until today

I just heard back for an interview invite from midwestern. I applied back in October and didn't hear from them since until today
Omg congrats! When in October did you apply? I applied during that time too but haven’t heard back. :/ did they email or call you for the Interview?

I applied in probably the second week of october. i did receive an email sometime in november that my application was under review and then did not hear back for awhile until now. I will not be accepting the interview though, so there will be an open invite spot! good luck!

I applied in probably the second week of october. i did receive an email sometime in november that my application was under review and then did not hear back for awhile until now. I will not be accepting the interview though, so there will be an open invite spot! good luck!
Yeah I got that email as well! I applied the third week of October. Hopefully they will email me soon for interview! Did you accept somewhere else?

just got an email a couple hours ago telling me I was on the waitlist for rush! anyone else??

I was waitlisted as well. I wish we knew where we were on the waitlist.
I know they said you can call Bridget and she can give you an idea. I'm assuming they have about two weeks to decide, so I'm probably going to call after then assuming there will be some people declining the offer

I got into rush too and am looking to talk to some people before I make any decisions. Will you be going there??

I'm also thinking about Rush! Have you decided if you'll be attending?