Program-Specific Info / Q's OT Cycle 19-20: Illinois Schools, Rush, UIC, Midwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone get anything but the UIC checking in email today trying to figure out if they’ve sent denials already or truly giving most March 15th

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone get anything but the UIC checking in email today trying to figure out if they’ve sent denials already or truly giving most March 15th

I also received an email saying they were checking in! I think they sent out some denials in January along with some acceptances.

I got into rush too and am looking to talk to some people before I make any decisions. Will you be going there??

I actually declined my spot at Rush today. I live in NYC and was recently accepted to Columbia, so will likely be attending that program (unless I get into BU... still not 100% sure what I'd do in that case!) That said I really enjoyed the half-day session at Rush, it was clear they put a lot of thought into the process and I thought that reflected really positively on how they'd approach the program as a whole. What schools are you deciding between?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told they try to send out denials right away, like with acceptances. So not hearing anything is good news!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard about Elmhurst sending out updated decision status this week?

Has anyone heard about Elmhurst sending out updated decision status this week?

I emailed them a few days ago asking about a status update - because I haven’t heard anything since my interview in January - but the academic advisor stated it has taken longer to go through applications than expected... but I thought it was weird that they said that because people have already heard back/are on the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
I emailed them a few days ago asking about a status update - because I haven’t heard anything since my interview in January - but the academic advisor stated it has taken longer to go through applications than expected... but I thought it was weird that they said that because people have already heard back/are on the waitlist?

Yes that is so weird! I was put on the waitlist, and one of my friends got accepted. I thought it was really weird that they sent out responses already without looking through everyone’s application yet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Hi! Did they end up giving you an expected week when they'll be reaching out? I emailed them with a similar question about two weeks ago and they told me that they were hoping to be done by the week that just passed, but I didn't receive anything

Hi! Did they end up giving you an expected week when they'll be reaching out? I emailed them with a similar question about two weeks ago and they told me that they were hoping to be done by the week that just passed, but I didn't receive anything

They said by the end of this month...so who knows if that would be true. You would think they would send out all the responses right away! I rather be told I was rejected than being stringed along

They said by the end of this month...so who knows if that would be true. You would think they would send out all the responses right away! I rather be told I was rejected than being stringed along
Yeah who knows, if that’s true then they have a couple of days since it’s the end of this month already. Yes same here, this waiting process is way too long.

Getting so anxious waiting for UIC's decision to come out! Anyone else feeling stressed? I just hate the waiting process

Oh okay, well that makes me feel a little bit better lol. I've just seen a couple of posts about people already receiving information of acceptance or "top 25 waitlist"
Have you heard from elmhurst yet?? I still have not heard from them since the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you heard from elmhurst yet?? I still have not heard from them since the interview.
Elmhurst has sent out some acceptances and waitlist notifications already. From this forum it seems like they did so without reviewing them all first, so I think they're still working though them? Super frustrating, good luck!

Anyone else accept their spot at Elmhurst?

I was waitlisted, but my friend got accepted! She is holding her spot until she finds out from other schools!

I was waitlisted top 25 at Elmhurst and was accepted last Friday off the waitlist! I am accepting my spot at Elmhurst.

Ahh that’s so exciting! I am top 25 waitlisted as well. I guess I am lower down though. Congratulations :)

Nope, haven't heard from them yet. Hopefully they send out everything by the end of this week!

I was waitlisted top 25 at Elmhurst and was accepted last Friday off the waitlist! I am accepting my spot at Elmhurst.
Did you reach out to them about getting off the waitlist or did they just email you? :)

I just emailed Kim Davis from Elmhurst and it said she is out of the office until March 2. I don't know what this means for people who still haven't received their admissions decision yet :(

Any current Elmhurst or Lewis students have any insight on the program and how you like you the program? I was accepted at both and just wanted feedback! Thanks! :)

Any current Elmhurst or Lewis students have any insight on the program and how you like you the program? I was accepted at both and just wanted feedback! Thanks! :)

Were u recently accepted to Lewis? I applied in January and am still waiting to hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anyone else who is waitlisted at Rush, I scheduled a call with Bridget Hahn about my spot on the waitlist. She couldn't really give me anything definitive, but she gave me an idea of my odds. In case anyone else is like me and dying to get in there haha!

Did anyone receive their acceptance email yet?

Hi guys!! I recently got accepted to Rush and I now have to decide between there and Belmont (in Nashville). Have any of you accepted/declined at Rush and can you give any insight as to why you did??

Has anyone heard from Elmhurst in the past week or so?

UIC should be sending an updated waitlist this week :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! I am a pre-ot student about to start applying to schools. I am really interested in Rush and UIC. I was wondering if anyone who got accepted to these schools could send me their stats just to know where I'm at. Thanks so much!