OT: Pre-vet Gamers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got Super Mario Party today for the Switch and I’m excited. It looks fun and I’m a sucker for Mario.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t know what I want to name my island in animal crossing :-(

Members don't see this ad :)
Same! We have an older doctor at the practice I work at that is at high risk for getting COVID-19, so we have all been panicking over here lol. We're sanitizing basically everything (door handles, pens, keyboards, counters, phones, credit card readers, etc.) every couple hours. We've just implemented a curbside pick-up for medications and food, so people don't congregate in the lobby. Clients are still allowed to be present in rooms during appointments at the doctor's discretion.
I don’t know what I want to name my island in animal crossing :-(

Named mine IslaNegra after Jurassic Park :D Didn’t have enough room for a space :(

I love the game so far! Just played about an hour on my lunch break and it brings so much nostalgia <3

I’ve also been playing witcher 3, I’m at a tough choice right now (choosing between the crones and the tree to stay vague). I don’t know what to do!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
...just ordered what looks like the last Nintendo switch available within 250 miles of me from Best Buy so I can play the new animal crossing :cat:

Named mine IslaNegra after Jurassic Park :D Didn’t have enough room for a space :(

I love the game so far! Just played about an hour on my lunch break and it brings so much nostalgia <3

I’ve also been playing witcher 3, I’m at a tough choice right now (choosing between the crones and the tree to stay vague). I don’t know what to do!!!

I named my island Takoyaki. :oops: It's my day off from work, so I've playing the majority of the day lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay. I have never played an animal crossing game, but I’m looking for something to kill the hours. Can one of y’all sell me on this?

Okay. I have never played an animal crossing game, but I’m looking for something to kill the hours. Can one of y’all sell me on this?
So I haven’t actually played the new one, but I can tell you I’ve spent so many hours playing animal crossing wild world on my DS when I was younger. in that game, you basically build your own town and have cute animal neighbors. you fish, catch bugs, plant flowers & trees, dig up fossils, and run errands for your neighbors. you build up your house and buy furniture with bells. I imagine new horizons is similar but it sounds like instead of a town it’s your own island! I am so excited lol. anyone who has new horizons feel free to add on to what I said :)

I once failed an exam because of how much I played Animal Crossing: New Leaf instead of studying. Is that an endorsement? :p

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
So I haven’t actually played the new one, but I can tell you I’ve spent so many hours playing animal crossing wild world on my DS when I was younger. in that game, you basically build your own town and have cute animal neighbors. you fish, catch bugs, plant flowers & trees, dig up fossils, and run errands for your neighbors. you build up your house and buy furniture with bells. I imagine new horizons is similar but it sounds like instead of a town it’s your own island! I am so excited lol. anyone who has new horizons feel free to add on to what I said :)
I have been playing New Horizons since yesterday and it feels very similar! There are some nice QOL updates, interesting new differences, and the starting game feels kinda different since you're building the island as you go like you said. There's also crafting, which I believe was originally introduced in Pocket Camp. But the base gameplay is very similar. It's super relaxing!

• Love
Follow-up, only thing I don’t like: BREAKABLE TOOLS. It’s a little annoying but I have still really been loving the game.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) had no idea there was a gaming thread :heckyeah:
2) absolutely love animal crossing but I havent gotten new horizons yet!

Reactions: 2 users
FB_IMG_1584851374785.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
If anyone is playing animal crossing and wants to swap friend codes let me know! I have apples, and will have oranges and peaches soon-ish :D

If anyone is playing animal crossing and wants to swap friend codes let me know! I have apples, and will have oranges and peaches soon-ish :D
That would be awesome! I have cherries and coconuts but I want all the other fruits too!!

There's an animal crossing code sharing thread in the lounge if that helps anybody here out. Have no idea what it is though.

I can offer coconuts, pears, and peaches! Message me for friend code :cat:

Currently annoyed with my boyfriend for playing his character on my island while I’m studying :rofl:

Omg AC friends :biglove: If anyone wants to swap friend codes let me know! In the mean time I'll be catching my 1000000th sea bass :rolleyes:

Im thinking about downloading Animal Crossing: New Leaf for my 3DS now... lol
Never played before, but seems like it might keep me occupied for a while. I am currently in isolation due to covid19

Sooooooooooo I just bought a Nintendo Switch Lite. I'm gonna download AC soon... and we'll go from there.

My last handheld console was a Gameboy color and I had exactly one game - Pokemon Yellow. I hate trying to use the Xbox controller to do anything more complicated than the angry goose game so. Also, I hate dying in games. Also, husband was playing Red Dead II and he ran of a cliff on his horse and it was like, writhing, and I was like nope. I hate it.

Reactions: 3 users
This is a bit late to any kind of party, but does anyone on here have Pokémon shield?

i just picked it up and finished the main story line but I definitely need a Galarian ponyta (and possibly Rapidash)...

NEED

Anyone impatiently waiting for The Last of Us Part II tonight? I have literal butterflies in my stomach today in anticipation.

It is one of best examples of terrific storytelling in video games. Ratings for this sequel (which was 7 years in the making) are insanely positive!
I know, I'm just horrible and have a huge backlog of games. I will probably love it when I eventually play it.

Anyone impatiently waiting for The Last of Us Part II tonight? I have literal butterflies in my stomach today in anticipation.
Let us know what you think! Some reviews I’ve heard about have said it’s unbreakingly bleak. I love the first one (it took me a few tries to get through) but I don’t think I could play a game like that right now.

I’m working through the Witcher 3! I’ve finished the main story and the dlc heart of stone, I loved it. I heard blood and wine is even better so I’m super excited!!