Overall 3.9 GPA. 30 MCAT (retake)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Carbon090

Coffee pls
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1. Get excellent letter of recs NOW.

2. DEFINITELY put your body building down. I'm also a worshipper of the iron temple and only brodin knows how much time i've put into reading up articles related to it. If you hit the limit on the number of activities you can put on your primary, i would put this instead of the most insignificant one you have listed here. Talk about this, give yourself an edge over other cookie cutter applicants.

3. For the love of ass to grass squats, apply EARLY. Within the first 2-3 days of the application opening up.

Good chances for MD, wish your MCAT was higher. But seems like you're somewhat non-trad with a desire to go from PA -> MD so you may fit the bill very well for the schools you have listed there.

1. Get excellent letter of recs NOW.

2. DEFINITELY put your body building down. I'm also a worshipper of the iron temple and only brodin knows how much time i've put into reading up articles related to it. If you hit the limit on the number of activities you can put on your primary, i would put this instead of the most insignificant one you have listed here. Talk about this, give yourself an edge over other cookie cutter applicants.

3. For the love of ass to grass squats, apply EARLY. Within the first 2-3 days of the application opening up.

Good chances for MD, wish your MCAT was higher. But seems like you're somewhat non-trad with a desire to go from PA -> MD so you may fit the bill very well for the schools you have listed there.

I never stated it but I do have a committee letter ready to go from my college. Thanks so much for the advice! I will definitely include the bodybuilding.

Also, in terms of MCAT, my biggest worry is my first score. I'm hoping that it won't completely deter my chances. I took it at a bad time. My current MCAT was around my average for the AAMC practice tests. I would love a higher score but fear I may do worse on another retake. I was hoping my GPA could compensate for a decent MCAT score. I'm going to apply to schools that take the most recent score.

And to clarify I meant PA as in a Pensylvania student! Not a physician assistant student, I should have clarified that.

Again, thanks for the advice. I'm definitely going to apply asap when the time comes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you could get into lower-tier MD schools with your very high GPA and a 30 MCAT- you have about twice as much clinical experience as the average applicant, which helps.

Concur, but OP definitely needs more clinical volunteering. I am a big admirer of people who work in hospice.

OP will need to do homework on what schools average MCAT scores, vs taking the most recent.

I think you could get into lower-tier MD schools with your very high GPA and a 30 MCAT- you have about twice as much clinical experience as the average applicant, which helps.