Overly concerned California ORM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brown_doc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would not double count hours when listing the CRC role. You have extensive experience already as an EMT, so you could put the clinical research under research. I believe you have good chances but should apply to DO schools as well.

I suggest:
UCD
UCR (if from IE)
CUSM
Loma Linda (if your religious beliefs are similar)
Quinnipiac
Tulane
Hackensack
NYMC
Albany
Nova MD
Drexel
Vermont

For DO:
Western
Touro CA
Touro NV
AZCOM (high tuition FYI)
KCOM
DMU
PCOM
Marian
Campbell
KCU
LECOM

Reactions: 1 users
I would not double count hours when listing the CRC role. You have extensive experience already as an EMT, so you could put the clinical research under research. I believe you have good chances but should apply to DO schools as well.

I suggest:
UCD
UCR (if from IE)
CUSM
Loma Linda (if your religious beliefs are similar)
Quinnipiac
Tulane
Hackensack
NYMC
Albany
Nova MD
Drexel
Vermont

For DO:
Western
Touro CA
Touro NV
AZCOM (high tuition FYI)
KCOM
DMU
PCOM
Marian
Campbell
KCU
LECOM
Thanks a lot for the list. A lot of these schools are what I was thinking of adding. I'm curious as to why you chose those specific DO schools. Is it because they are more reputable/established? Because they accept more out of state applicants? Or something else? I ask because I was considering adding certain schools to the DO list, but I'm not sure how they're considered in the DO tier list. It seems like people have a lot of differing opinions on DO schools unrelated to their average MCAT/GPA statistics. I want to know what you think; here are the additional schools:

ATSU-KCOM
ATSU-SOMA
CHSU-COM
UNECOM
PNWU-COM
VCOM-Auburn
VCOM-Carolinas
LMU-DCOM

Thanks again for your help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks a lot for the list. A lot of these schools are what I was thinking of adding. I'm curious as to why you chose those specific DO schools. Is it because they are more reputable/established? Because they accept more out of state applicants? Or something else? I ask because I was considering adding certain schools to the DO list, but I'm not sure how they're considered in the DO tier list. It seems like people have a lot of differing opinions on DO schools unrelated to their average MCAT/GPA statistics. I want to know what you think; here are the additional schools:

ATSU-KCOM
ATSU-SOMA
CHSU-COM
UNECOM
PNWU-COM
VCOM-Auburn
VCOM-Carolinas
LMU-DCOM

Thanks again for your help.

The DO schools I listed are all solid schools and aren’t IS heavy like some of the public DOs (Rowan and Ohio Heritage). KCOM is short for ATSU-KCOM. The SOMA campus in Arizona is undergoing a big curriculum change that most students dislike. They also send many of the students away from Mesa for years 2-4 at a clinical health site. These vary in quality and appeal and students reportedly can’t really swap locations. CHSU is too new and you are a strong applicant who can go to a more established DO school.

UNE favors students from the Northeast. PNWU is good, you can add them. The main campus for VCOM is better than the ones in other states. LMU received an accreditation warning and is not a school I recommend.

Reactions: 1 user
The DO schools I listed are all solid schools and aren’t IS heavy like some of the public DOs (Rowan and Ohio Heritage). KCOM is short for ATSU-KCOM. The SOMA campus in Arizona is undergoing a big curriculum change that most students dislike. They also send many of the students away from Mesa for years 2-4 at a clinical health site. These vary in quality and appeal and students reportedly can’t really swap locations. CHSU is too new and you are a strong applicant who can go to a more established DO school.

UNE favors students from the Northeast. PNWU is good, you can add them. The main campus for VCOM is better than the ones in other states. LMU received an accreditation warning and is not a school I recommend.
I'll take this info into account. Thank you so much for your help!

Reactions: 1 user