Overseas Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nova2003

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering what the prospects are for doing a 1-2 month rotation overseas.

Possibly in a place like: England, Ireland, or Australia.

Thanks
Nova2003

Members don't see this ad.

Forgive for not knowing where I read the article, but I read of a student who went to Australia for a month. Note, in the countries you listed you will just be getting manipulation experience. Although, since all they do is manipulate all day you could probably learn alot.

I have asked the administration regarding oeverseas rotation too. Basically, your responsibility is to present to NOVA the cirrrculum of the program you interested in. The information should be as detail as possible. Also, the hospital must have a training program for medical student.

It is possible to arrange for the overseas rotation, but you have to do a lot of contact and paper work.

However, I think it is worthy to explore medicine from a different culture.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you are interested in overseas rotations, look on the internet under AMSA...there is a whole big long list..albeit, many of them are "missions" but at least it gives you a place to start..

there is a DO school supposedly opening up in israel and that might be interesting..there are plenty of rotations in S. America..

as for england, down under, etc..i think their version of osteopathy, as i have so far understood it, is more like chiropracty..

Is the DO school in Israel a medical school, like what we have in the US?

henry--
it is not open yet, but yes, it is going to be USA style osteopathy as far as i know..it is being opend by an east coasty DO last i heard..i do not know too many of the details just yet..some friends of mine there wrote to me about it a few months ago..