P4 trying to join the military.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ashleynunus

Reaction score
Hello I am a P4 and will love to join the military but i have a bunch of questions. Do i need to graduate before i apply?. What branch of the military is best and why? What are the requirements? Does my GPA matter? I have not had any success speaking directly to a health professional recruiter. If anyone can be of help, it will be much appreciated. Also i will love to hear from someone who has gone through the process.. thank you

Members don't see this ad.

This has been posted a bit, run a quick search. Which branch should depend on your interests. Research the core value and mission of each branch. Why do you want to join? Ask yourself, your answer should be for you, not trying to convince other people. I believe the cycle is yearly, when you apply (student or graduate) affects what loan/tuition benefit you receive.

Reactions: 1 users
As others stated: You’ll have to do due diligence and “dig” in order to know what branch best represents the mission you wanna be apart of. We can all speak of experiences on working in many pharmacy’s in the uniformed services , but each branch does indeed play the same role in a highly different way.

As a P4, your best bet is to do deep research...This is a choice not to be taken lightly and your preparedness on the packet(s) in a timely matter will prove that. As far as the army goes (and the others typically follow this outline more or less) you have to have your licensure in hand. The packet is a long process that an AMEDD recruiter has to assist you with (GPA, physical health evaluation - background, etc). Give yourself a good 7-10 month window to have this packet completed. Each branch has a handful of slots (as few as 1 or many as 20 depending who leaves and/or retires).

Very competitive, but worth it if service means something. Shadow if possible and see what others say. It can be very demanding but rewarding. I’m actually leaving as a non-comissioned Officer (pharm tech) due to a medical discharge (ie deployed readiness training injury) and pursuing a pharmD instead. As far as inside details of army pharmacist roles I can get in touch with some to give you further details.