Pacific University Oregon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RuralJuror

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I saw a lot of questions regarding this fall's application process and decided to create a fresh thread so things would not get mixed up. Share away!

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my secondary application in the middle of september, 2012 for 2013 admission. I am wondering when the interview will be conducted and when the invitation for interview will be sent out.
Thanks.

I submitted my secondary application in the middle of september, 2012 for 2013 admission. I am wondering when the interview will be conducted and when the invitation for interview will be sent out.
Thanks.

Last year, there were two interview dates in November and applicants were sent an invitation by email around early October. Of course things can change every year. Did you mean you submitted your secondary in mid August?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I submitted my application in mid- August , 2012. I am wondering when is the earliest date for invitation for the interview, I am re applicant form 2011 admission and decided to get my master before applying trying it another round.

Hello Everyone!

I got an interview for November 10th yayyy!!!

Hello Everyone!

I got an interview for November 10th yayyy!!!
Congrats!!! I just got an email for an interview on NOv 10th as well! See you there! Where are you coming from?

hey guys,

I was hoping someone can help me decide whether or not I should take the pcat. I have applied to 17 schools, 12 of which do not require the pcat. here are my stats:

3.53 science
3.60 nonscience
3.1 math :(

volunteer work in Nicaragua
100 hours pharmacy volunteer work
2 years tutor for disadvantaged children
published cancer research 3rd author
phlebotomist 1.5 years
2 pharmacists recommendation, one a USC alumni and the other a UOP alumni
6 quarters deans list
college honors graduate
AND... most likely not too great interviewing skills

I really dread studying for the pcat and i don't want to just take it and receive a bad score

How many schools did everyone else apply to? Do you think I'm safe with 12 schools?

AHH Interview November 10! Flying from CA! See you guys there too! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Sooo I guess it isn't too soon to be asking...how we're all traveling!? Does anyone know which is the most convenient form of transportation from airport to hotel to school and back!?

just wondering.. when did you guys e submit your apps?

just wondering.. when did you guys e submit your apps?
I e submit 07/10 and pharmcas verified and completed on 08/01 and it was sent out in the first batch

Do you know what are the other dates that pharmcas send their apps out?

hey guys,

I was hoping someone can help me decide whether or not I should take the pcat. I have applied to 17 schools, 12 of which do not require the pcat. here are my stats:

3.53 science
3.60 nonscience
3.1 math :(

How many schools did everyone else apply to? Do you think I'm safe with 12 schools?

I think you should be fine..I am applying to 9 non-PCAT schools and that's it (I think..like you I keep going back and forth..I just don't have time to study for the PCAT and $200 is a lot of money just to wing it). Just bear in mind that a lot of pharm schools outside of CA tend to be 0-6 schools that only take small number of transfers or may only have 'pre-candidate' accreditation status. The CA schools are GPA focused and are inundated with applicants. I just added the two schools from Oregon to my list to have more chances.

I'm currently working on the supplemental application, but I am somewhat confused on calculating your last 45 semester hours. I don't want to do this wrong and have my application disqualified.

How long after submitting the supplemental application did people receive invitations?

Did you buy your airfare yet? I haven't.
Hey, no I haven't. I am flying from San Francisco. Where are you flying from? I think I am going to fly there on Nov 9th and stay in a hotel because we have to be there in 8am. Haven't really plan this out yet.

Hey, no I haven't. I am flying from San Francisco. Where are you flying from? I think I am going to fly there on Nov 9th and stay in a hotel because we have to be there in 8am. Haven't really plan this out yet.
Yeah I haven't planned anything yet either but realized it will be mid oct soon. I am flying from San Diego. And infill be flying in on the 9th as well.

to those who have received an interview invite, would you all mind sharing your stats, such as GPA, work experience, Degree, Etc.

Thanks.

Me too! I'm flying from San Francisco! I haven't planned anything yet either..I'm waiting till my next interview is over before I start that one... LOL. How are you guys going from airport-->hotel-->school and back again? Renting car or shuttles?

Hey everyone, did they tell you you got an interview via EMAIL... or a phone call perhaps?

Because after I sent my supplemental, they told me to check my status on their website, but all it says is "submitted".

Me too! I'm flying from San Francisco! I haven't planned anything yet either..I'm waiting till my next interview is over before I start that one... LOL. How are you guys going from airport-->hotel-->school and back again? Renting car or shuttles?
REALLY..maybe we should book the same flight so we could go together and help each other out =D...I am planinng to fly there and book a hotel and hopefully the hotel has shuttles that i can use if not, i will take the taxi or something to the campus

Hey everyone, did they tell you you got an interview via EMAIL... or a phone call perhaps?

Because after I sent my supplemental, they told me to check my status on their website, but all it says is "submitted".

Hey there, you get it via email =)

I haven't looked into shuttles or car rentals. I will let you know once I get look intuit soon,or if you guys are already looking into can you let me know? :)

Don't forget that PDX (greater portland area) has a very decent public transportation system! You can actually take the MAX (monorail) straight from Portland International Airport directly to the school. It may take longer than 80 minutes to finish that trip though. Most people who interview like to rent cars.

I know this might sound dumb but do Pacific University and University of the Pacific have any affiliation towards each other? Or are they completely different schools. I know both are 3 year programs! But it seems like Pacific University is more of a block system with a Pass/No Pass grading system, not so sure about UOP.. thanks!! And congrats to everyone who got an interview!

Don't forget that PDX (greater portland area) has a very decent public transportation system! You can actually take the MAX (monorail) straight from Portland International Airport directly to the school. It may take longer than 80 minutes to finish that trip though. Most people who interview like to rent cars.

I did that once at 6am and made it barely on time to Pacific U at 8am :p

I know this might sound dumb but do Pacific University and University of the Pacific have any affiliation towards each other? Or are they completely different schools. I know both are 3 year programs! But it seems like Pacific University is more of a block system with a Pass/No Pass grading system, not so sure about UOP.. thanks!! And congrats to everyone who got an interview!

Pacific University and University of the Pacific are completely different programs despite both being 3 year old programs. They just coincidentally have similar names and the original schools (not the pharmacy programs) were established 100+ years ago. UoP generally has a more traditional program where students may take 16-18 units a semester compared to Pacific Oregon's 2 week course block system.

UoP also has a 0-6 year pharmacy program integrated with undergrad while Pacific Oregon is purely graduate. UoP class size is thus twice as large as Pacific Oregon's. Hope that helps.

Thanks so much!! I have even asked some students who go to each school and they weren't quite too sure either...

Aside from the first bunch, has anyone received an interview invite lately?

If I have a 2.63 GPA but have retaken all the courses and did very well in them, do you think they will consider me? PCAT is in november...I also have letters of recommendations and pharmacy experience

I just got the Invite for Interview (Nov 10) email today (they received my complete apps on Sep 27). By the way, I am a local, so feel free to ask me any question about the area :)

If I have a 2.63 GPA but have retaken all the courses and did very well in them, do you think they will consider me? PCAT is in november...I also have letters of recommendations and pharmacy experience

Pacific does NOT require PCAT so you should put in your apps ASAP. If your last 45 credit GPA is good, then may still have a chance.

I just got the Invite for Interview (Nov 10) email today (they received my complete apps on Sep 27). By the way, I am a local, so feel free to ask me any question about the area :)

Cool Congratulations! I just got an invitation today too. Do you have any recommendations for board and transportation?

I assume that you will fly in, so I suggest that you rent a car. You can go to hotwire and search for hotels around Hillsboro or Beaverton

Would you all mind sharing your stats? I just submitted everything keeping my fingers crossed!!

Hey did anyone else do the background check on Pharmcas? How does that work and is it mandatory for this school?

Hey did anyone else do the background check on Pharmcas? How does that work and is it mandatory for this school?

P1 here. After you are offered acceptance, the school will get PharmCAS to send you instructions how to do a background check and drug screening. Congratulations btw to those who were offered interviews! Hope to see you all there on November 10.

I completed my PharmCAS and supplement applications around October 17, but never heard anything from Pacific. will they email me to confirm my application is complete? How long can i expect they send out invitation for interview if they like me? Thanks for input in advance!