PAIN ITE - Your program care? How did you study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apr27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering.

Members don't see this ad.

All you need is pain secrets. Memorize book, easy read.
Don’t waste your time on anything else for test.

Now for learning pain medicine itself, not best book.

Reactions: 1 user
I had a great score on the ITE. Lots of congrats from the faculty both in the pain and anesthesia department.

….but I let it get to my head, didn’t study at all for the board exam and passed by one or two questions.

So I would say study hard for the ITE and use it as a blueprint to continuing studying for the board exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a great score on the ITE. Lots of congrats from the faculty both in the pain and anesthesia department.

….but I let it get to my head, didn’t study at all for the board exam and passed by one or two questions.

So I would say study hard for the ITE and use it as a blueprint to continuing studying for the board exam.
but what study resources did you use?

My cofellow and I took oral boards two days before the pain ITE so really didn’t study much for it and our program really didn’t care.

Lots of fellows seem to like board vitals. I thought it was garbagio.

The question book by Huntoon was money for the board exam. I don’t remember if as much material was on the ITE or not.

Reactions: 2 users
My cofellow and I took oral boards two days before the pain ITE so really didn’t study much for it and our program really didn’t care.

Lots of fellows seem to like board vitals. I thought it was garbagio.

The question book by Huntoon was money for the board exam. I don’t remember if as much material was on the ITE or not.

Yeah I got oral boards around the corner and in the middle of a job hunt. Just not a priority right now

Didn't study for ITE. Too much other stuff going on, and nothing at stake. Did very poorly, along with the rest of my fellowship class. Program didn't really care, just encouraged us to use the results as a gauge of where we stand, and study appropriately for the boards. I studied hard for the boards and did well on them.

I used Board Vitals and Huntoon.

Reactions: 1 users
I read Benzon's Essentials of Pain Medicine cover to cover during my fellowship year. Never did any qbanks and did quite well on exams. I think that single achievement set me up really well for life after fellowship.

Reactions: 1 users
My program cares. As it has absolutely no impact on me, I could not care less. I care about the pain boards, which don’t matter until after I take oral boards

My program forgot to register me for it so I didn't take it.
It isn't required for graduation, programs might care about it though.
Did fine on the boards though.

I’ve take some dumb tests in my life but the pain boards take the cake. I did fine but that means nothing about my knowledge good or bad.

It was so clinically irrelevant

Reactions: 4 users
I remember being asked a question about Maximal Medical Improvement on the pain boards. We did zero workers comp in fellowship and I had no idea what they were talking about. Wasn’t in any study materials either. I’m still annoyed about it lol

I just took my recert exam this morning (passed!). I had that same question about MMI. They also asked a ton of questions about CRPS, and seem to think that serotonin syndrome is a really big problem in the real world. :rofl:

Reactions: 2 users
I got 90th percentile on ITEs, got a congrats and wow from my PD and that was it. The rest of the faculty could’ve cared less.

Boards: I used board vitals and pain medicine board review by woodbury. It was more than enough. Huntoon was too much but if used alone I can see it being enough as well. I didn’t end up using it.

FYI- board vitals you’ll always score lowest percentile because the algorithm counts answers correct when in tutor mode.

These boards are a joke compared to everything else this far in your career.