part -1 in july 2004...........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
gpg said:
In case you do not get your card:

1)call up the ADA and confirm which centre has been alloted to you and get your reference number

2)Go to the exam with 2 photo IDs.....they will issue you a new admit card on the spot.Ya carry a pic also.

Thats more than enough.Don't bother about such trivial things.Concentrate on the exam. Wish u all the best!
Dumbo Das strikes again grr... :mad:
Phew! Thanks for letting me know that gpg..That has really eased my mind. Lemme try to concentrate on the decks now

Members don't see this ad.

AjayDas said:
Thanks Neha for the info..I am waiting desperately for it. I leave India on the 7'th of July. They had given me quite a scare by announcing that they dispatch the IDs only 2 wks before the examination.

p.s to make matters worse, I mistook your location [Oregon] for Gurgaon for 5 minutes and was jumping up and down with excitement thinking that mine would reach within a day or two :D

:) .dont worry about ur admission card.go through the ADA booklet.They have given in it clearly what your supposed to do n also they are asking for 2 photo ID'S or one photo ID n two other ID'S, make sure u get them with u from India.your passport will do and a driving license or something.As your leaving on 7'th of july I dont think u will have time to arrage something here.And also the ID'S Should have ur signature n should have the same name as ur admission card.

hey ajay,
passport is a valid id. i am not sure whether they accept indian licence as a valid id.. international drivers permit (idp) surely is a valid id. to be on the safe side getur passport and and 2 other ids .. prefer photo ids. they should have ur name as given in the admit card. i think credit cards with ur signature are also accept ed.
dont worry abt the exam procedures. its not too much of a trouble. get the correct ids though and u dont have to worry abt anything else. congrats on getting the visa
all the best.

Members don't see this ad :)
ItsGavinC said:
To answer this problem correctly, you must know the oxygen dissociation equation for hemoglobin, as well as the n for hemoglobin. The equation to solve for y looks like this:

(pO2)^n

y is the fractional occupancy of oxygen binding sites and is what the question is looking for.

p50 is the partial pressure of oxygen that allows 50% of the sites to be filled.

pO2 is the partial pressure of unbound oxygen.

n for hemoglobin is 2.8. Notice that each of those above items is raised to the power of n, or 2.8.

So, putting in the numbers yields y = 60%. That corresponds with choice D because for each hemoglobin molecule there are more than 2 oxygen molecules bound since the hemoglobin that is available is more than 50% saturated with oxygen.

Oh my gosh!!!! :scared: ...All this equation & problem questions are really driving me crazy... +pissed+

I didn't see any kind of this in 2001 dental decks!?..Is this explained in 2004 dental decks? :(

Gavin, thanks for the explanations, what does the sign ^ mean? :confused:

kosha said:
hi guys ;
i would really appreciate it if some could help me wiht these question 's as in how to solve these
1.) in an aqueous solution at ph 7,a peptide contiianing 1 amino acid gorup side chian and 2 carboxly side chians would have which of the following net charges

a.>2+ , b.> 1+, c.> 0, d.> 1-, e> 2-

2.)auusiming that P50=26torrs, under conditons where pO=30 torrs , the avarege number of molecules of oxygen moleclues bound per hemogolbin molecule is close to

a.> 0.5, b.>less than 1 , c.> almost 2 , d.> greater than 2 , 3.> greaterthan 3

Kosha, r these from asda papers? :scared: ..I haven't gone through the papers yet... :scared:

Thanks Neha and Ann for the info :)
Heya Dentaldoc, yeah dude :D they are from the ADSA papers..Start going thro them yaar.

dentaldoc said:
Kosha, r these from asda papers? :scared: ..I haven't gone through the pepers yet... :scared:
i think 96 papers right??????????? maybe u have kept the latest papers to the last. dont worry go through the papers now. u have 2 weeks . u will be fine.

Hiya all,
I got my Hall ticket today. All that fuss which I created regarding the ticket goes down the drain. ;)

AjayDas said:
Hiya all,
I got my Hall ticket today. All that fuss which I created regarding the ticket goes down the drain. ;)

Congrats Ajay!
you can now relax and concentrate on the upcoming exam...Good luck and hope you and all the others taking up the exam do a great job!
hoping to hear of a great score from u guys.....

dentaldoc said:
Gavin, thanks for the explanations, what does the sign ^ mean? :confused:

the ^ sign means "raised to the power of".

But listen, I wouldn't worry in the least about that problem and answer. There is no way there will be more than one of those questions on the exam, and I highly doubt there will be even one.

Even if there is, so what if you miss one question. That won't make and break you--that question just isn't very high-yield.

ItsGavinC said:
the ^ sign means "raised to the power of".

But listen, I wouldn't worry in the least about that problem and answer. There is no way there will be more than one of those questions on the exam, and I highly doubt there will be even one.

Even if there is, so what if you miss one question. That won't make and break you--that question just isn't very high-yield.

Thanks gavin..Pls do tell me where i can read about more like these questions & explanations?.....

Hey you guys!!! With the exam just a few days away I just wanted to say good luck to all of you.. the score is ALWAYS better than you think it will be! Insider tip.. during the second half of the exam, do DA first.. you need every ounce of post-lunch brain power you have to tackle that !@#$%^ tooth numbering system and stay sane at the same time!

Tasha

Hi,
Im kind of confused with regards to occlusal outlines and occlusal table of teeth..in the decks it says something different than the kaplan notes..!!!
Can some kindly clarify ..

I would like to know the best source to refer for occlusal outlines, occlusal table of all the teeth. Can someone kindly reply.

Doubts
1998 paper

q151
Viewed from occusal the basic crown outline of a mandibular 2nd premolaris

square
circulra
rhomboidal
Pentagonal
Rectangular

q 152
Which of the following best described location of the cervical line on a mandibular lateral incisor.

On the distal, it is more apical than on the mesial
On the lingual, it is more incisal than on the facial
On the mesial, it is more apical than on distal
On the facial, it is more apical than on the lingual

q 155
From a facial view where would the CEJ be most apically positioned on the crown of a primary mandibular first molar

mesial one third
middle one third
distal one third
equally positioned

Thanks

Toothzone

Members don't see this ad :)
answers
151 1
152 2 and i thinkyou meant apical there
155 1
jay

Hi ALL !how r u guys?n how's ur study going on ?
nice to see all ur posts.
i m not at all prepared to take exam in jully.so postponeing to sep. God should help me,....... :scared:

anyways ALL THE VERY BEST TO ALL OF YOU! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hi,
I want to ask about the id's.The ADA booklet says that 2 photo id's are required. one would be pass port the other one I have is Indian driving license not inretnational one. Is it valid to use it as other photo id? :confused:

jay001 said:
answers
151 1
152 2 and i thinkyou meant apical there
155 1
jay

Thanks Jay
But the answers given in the answer booklet says something different!!!
the basic crown outline of a mandibular 2nd premolar is
Pentagonal!!!!!!

q 152
Which of the following best described location of the cervical line on a mandibular lateral incisor.
Im confused with regards to this ..can u clarify??? :confused:
Thanks Toothzone

Toothzone said:
q 152

On the lingual, it is more incisal than on the facial
On the mesial, it is more apical than on distal
On the facial, it is more apical than on the lingual
Hi Toothzone,
The ans given is correct.......It's 'on the distal,it is more apical than on the mesial'....It's jus they made the ans choices a bit tricky!as we know the greatest contours of the cervical line are on the mesial surface of the anteriors....n tend to get smaller towards the molars!Anyhow here the point is......The answer should be either
On the mesial,it is more cervical than on distal
OR
On the distal,it is more apical than on mesial

Hope u got my point!I'm very bad at explaining things :oops:

dent_ist said:
Hi ALL !how r u guys?n how's ur study going on ?
nice to see all ur posts.
i m not at all prepared to take exam in jully.so postponeing to sep. God should help me,....... :scared:
anyways ALL THE VERY BEST TO ALL OF YOU! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Welcome back...after such a long time.....
don't worry u'll do well in the exam :luck:

sreshta said:
Hi,
I want to ask about the id's.The ADA booklet says that 2 photo id's are required. one would be pass port the other one I have is Indian driving license not inretnational one. Is it valid to use it as other photo id? :confused:

hi sreshta

i used my indian drivers license and passport as ids. its not a problem (mine was paper based test- i am not sure if its the same for CBT).

for toefl u can even use credit cards as second id.

Toothzone said:
Thanks Jay
But the answers given in the answer booklet says something different!!!
the basic crown outline of a mandibular 2nd premolar is
Pentagonal!!!!!!

q 152
Im confused with regards to this ..can u clarify??? :confused:
Thanks Toothzone

and wiztooths answers are correct regarding the DA questions. the mesial cervical contours are more pronounced than the distal i.e., they are more incisal than the distal ones. the mesial and distal cervical lines curve towards the incisal edge, mesial more than distal. this is the basis for determining right from left mand central incisors.

the lingual and facial contours/cervical lines curve towards the apex of the root of the teeth. and here the lingual curvature is more apical than the facial aspect in mand anteriors. if in doubt, see some diagrams in wheelers or any text or online.

crown outline is different from occlusal table. crown outline is the outermost outline of the crown as seen from the occlusal aspect. occlusal table its that 60% of the occlusal aspect thats used in mastication. they are usually of different shapes. i think they are all discussed in the decks as well as in the textbooks.

occlusal table for mand 2nd premolar is square (3cusp form).

occlusal outline is: for 3 cusp: pentagonal shape
for 2 cusp: oval/round

do check with the decks. the answers may be different. i feel its safer to stick with answers correlated with q papers and decks since that is the answer u are expected to give in the exam.

hi, thanks a lot toothmail. I have toefl score which is invalid after dec 2004.Is it enough if the toefl score is valid while appyling or do I need to have a valid score during admission? I hope to apply for 2005 batch if I get a good score in part -1. :scared:

Hi Everybody
I'm new here and I have a question , How long does it take for Computer based exams to come back to U ? Well Im asking about Board part 1.

Hi Guys,
Good luck to all writing their Part 1.Congrats Pinktooth on your BU acceptance!God bless!

wiztooth said:
Welcome back...after such a long time.....
don't worry u'll do well in the exam :luck:

Thanks wiztooth!