Part time status bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SMC2UCLA2_

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is the deal. Im enrolled for 12 units this quarter but I really hate this one class (community health sciences) which is eating up my time and is 90% similar to the Intro to public health I already took.

I can drop this class by Fri without a notation but Im wondering how that will look since I only had 9 units last quarter (Neuroscience core and Last quarter of O'Chem). This quarter I have another Neuro-core class and a Neuro- drug class. I wish there was a class at community college I could pick up cause I would much rather take a class on econ or accounting but that doesnt seem to be an option. So... is it going to be a big deal to have two quarters with part time status as I am applying to schools? My gpa at community college was 3.88 before i transfered this year and my UCLA gpa is 3.86.

Can I easily justify this load with other activities I do such as Real Estate License and business with my brother and also studying for the DAT?

Gimme a heads up. Thanks :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Well... if the D schools buy your explanation, it's not bad. if they don't, then it's bad.

I'm going to refrain from making fun of you on this one simply out of bruin comraderie..... :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I took less than 12 credits the last 4 semesters and I was never asked about it. Probably because my grades were decent. I think you'll be ok.

i dont think u need to talk about it unless they bring it up to you